Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Yo?! New here with LS2 to build

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2018, 03:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yo?! New here with LS2 to build

I am like most who are afraid of commitment but I have ventured out and joined this site after I have siphoned enough information to almost confuse myself. After long hard consideration and watching too much velocity channel.
Here is what I have . . .
I have a 2000 Chevy Silverado 2500 with a 6.0 and 370,000 miles on it. I use it as my day in and day out transportation. I love the truck. It's been great enlightening of all the usual GM minor issues you all are aware of. I rebuilt the engine myself with stock components roughly 50,000 miles ago with exception of the fancy KN intake you see in the pic. It was a Texas truck I purchased 10 years ago for $6500 when the economy was down and everything runs great with exception of a transmission shudder - engine locked up, couldn't get to the torque convertor bolts and bent the trans shaft pulling it out. I purchased a used engine, rebuilt it and that is what is in the truck now. So I still have the used engine I pulled out.
Here's where I sit...
I refuse to pay 20k for a used truck as a daily work truck with unknown issues so I figured I'd drop 10-15k in mine and on paper still come out ahead. I have spoken with suppliers and read for hours on the LS2 with LS3/L92 heads and intake- cams, rocker lift, double valve springs, etc.. till I am confused or perhaps indecisive. Actually I believe my engine is a LQ4 since it is an iron block is what I read on here.
Here's where I want to go...
I want more horsepower and more torque (like everyone I suppose). I wish to use my 6.0 iron block and build from there. I do not mind spending extra coin such as the ATI Dampner as was mentioned on here. I just do not wish to spend extra on something that's counter productive and flat out not worth it.
Here's what I'm asking...
Could someone please recommend a good set and supplier of heads/ head shop for the LS3/L92 heads - ported or not, valve springs, valve size, cam size, rocker arms shaft or stud, 1.7 or 1.8, intake, pistons, rods, crank if needed, throttle body size, injectors, etc ... It is a daily driver but I like to get on it. I love cranking up the radio on an open road with the windows down and punching it. I like sitting at a stop light as a punk kid yells out the window .."you wanna race old man?" like I'm 87 years old instead of 47. There are a ton of options out there - so many suppliers -but I still prefer the guy or salesman that has been there, done it and has owned it.
I'll post pics as I go - as a side note I've priced and lined out a Monster transmission and Transfer case- if there is a better option I am all ears...eyes I guess since I'm reading this.
Thanks in advance for your time and advice
Don