Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Bigtime Rookie

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2018, 09:04 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bigtime Rookie

Hello everyone glad to be hear and I hope to make this a big learning experience for me and learn a wealth of knowledge. I am a diesel technician-never messed with gas engines/swaps/ or anything of that nature-bought a 1991 k5 blazer last year and decided to tear it completely down and restore it-took the 350 tbi and 700r4 out and was going to have them rebuilt-thought heck that's what it came with just keep it simple and leave well enough alone right? well then came the whole idea of "well while the engine is being rebuilt anyway I might as well try and get some ponies out of it" did some research and found that a tbi system is not the best to grow horsepower with-I didn't want a carbureted engine-so I went to a buddies house and he started talking about ls engines-I'll admit I was kinda against it at first-I thought the ls was just hype but the more he talked the better and better it sounded-I like the idea of being able to get more fuel mileage but also getting more horsepower at the same time-I also like the efficiency and reliability of a newer powertrain and being able to hook a scanner up to it when it doesn't run right-I already do that at work-so I went to the junk yard and bought a 5.3 and a 4l60e out of a 2001 Tahoe and here I am-looking forward to talking with everybody and learning from you-I think this is going to be fun.. and although I am pretty mechanically inclined I am an oem technician-no hot rodding or swapping in my line of work so I just want to say thank you up front for your knowledge and patience lol thanks.

Quick Reply: Bigtime Rookie