Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Farewell!

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2018, 09:20 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Farewell!

I bought my 2011 Camaro 2SS last fall and put my 1999 Camaro Z28 in storage for the winter. I was hoping to keep both but the storage, insurance, maintenance, etc., was a bit more than I thought and my garage and driveway is filled with my daily driver, my 2011, and kid's car. I finally put it up for sale and sold it in less than 24 hours of posting for asking price. I was looking for an excuse to back out and I think the guy saw the look on my face and didn’t even try to haggle. It’s been gone for over a month now I’m having regrets about selling it now that it’s summer cruising time but I had to deal with priorities. I think I’ll get another 4th gen in a few years once I retire, just to play around with as a hobby.

I have been on this site for more than a decade and it’s been a great source of information for both the 1997 and 1999 Camaros I’ve owned. I’m over on Camaro5 now but I’ll still lurk here ever so often.
Old 06-19-2018, 10:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 147 Likes on 133 Posts

Don't forget us!
Old 06-19-2018, 10:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

How do you like the new Camaro's next to the gen4's???
Old 06-19-2018, 09:54 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Nathan C
Don't forget us!
Like Arnold says, “I’ll be back!”

Originally Posted by 2ToeRacing
I have mixed feelings. I’m mainly a cruiser so the added straight line performance isn’t a big deal for me. As far as looks, I got just as many, if not more compliments on my 1999 as I do with the 2011, and clean 4th gens are rare nowadays while 5th gens are a dime a dozen, especially in Michigan. The 5th gen is obviously a better built and more up to date car, but my 4th gen was dead reliable since it was pretty much stock. I definitely use the 5th gen more as a daily driver than my 4th gen which was more of a toy than transpoation, but there was SOMETHING about the 4th gen that was special, maybe because it was a simple, old school ride. I may ended up modding the 5th gen at some point because I hear it’s a LOT easier to work on, especially bolt ones. One thing for certain is that the 4th gen was WAY better on gas!

Old 06-20-2018, 02:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

How much did you get for your '99 (if you don't mind my asking)? I'm strongly considering selling mine (I never drive it - roads are too terrible) but have no idea what a good price would be.
Old 06-20-2018, 02:50 PM
TECH Addict

Received 197 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by 2ToeRacing
If one could see out of the new Camaro, I would buy one. I can't see out of the damn thing!
Old 06-20-2018, 07:59 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Z Fury
How much did you get for your '99 (if you don't mind my asking)? I'm strongly considering selling mine (I never drive it - roads are too terrible) but have no idea what a good price would be.
No problem. I got $6500 for it, no bargaining and it sold within 24 hours to the first person. I definitely could have gotten about a grand more but it was getting close to new clutch and new license plate time so I didn’t really push it.It had 105k miles on it.

Again, the key to these cars is getting a non-molested or butchered car. That’s the first thing that potential buyers asked.

Originally Posted by 5.7stroker
If one could see out of the new Camaro, I would buy one. I can't see out of the damn thing!
It’s funny, I was really worried about the same thing but it hasn’t been a problem at all. I also have a sunroof so it’s not dark or dungeon like. The worst thing about it, especially compared to my 4th gen, is the retro instrument panel. It’s horrible and basically non usable. I was warned that I should definitely get a 2011 when the HUD became standard and it’s was wise advice because that’s pretty much what I look at.

Quick Reply: Farewell!