Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Greetings from Alaska

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2018, 12:13 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Greetings from Alaska

Hey guys, I've always read the forums for tips and advice, but never registered. I owned a 1994 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am with an LT1 and A4 in bright red back in 2009, and enjoyed it for not very long before I had to sell off some of my cars that I didn't use much. Always loved the lines of those cars, and in Sept. 2016 I flew down to Seattle to pick up a completely stock 2000 Trans Am (again in red, love red cars) A4 LS1 with t-tops and 145k miles from the original owner (and older guy), where it was his wife's daily driver. It needed a decent amount of work and a tune up badly, but it looked great on the outside!

Over the past two summers I've slowly gotten to fixing all of it's small quirks and issues: failed O2 sensor, shitty plugs, old fuel filter, cracking serpentine belt and squealing tensionser pulley, corroded right headlight harness, left headlight motor gear stripped, warped front "race" brake rotors that were upsold to him the last time he got the brakes done, and dry-rotted and cracking tires. Oh, and one wheel was corroded so badly on the inside and couldn't hold air for very long, contributing to a slow leak. Good grief, small stuff to be sure but it needed attention everywhere.

So now that the car's running good finally and I'm about to park it again for the winter (unfortunately can only really get driven from May-October), I've come to the tough decision many car enthusiasts find them at: Do I mod the **** out of it or sell it stock for top dollar? I'm leaning towards casual bolt-on's (already put a lid and filter on it) and suspension mods to just make it a well rounded, fun summer daily. Anyways, nice to meet you all!

Greetings from Alaska-gszsuz9.jpg
Greetings from Alaska-olezcus.jpg
Old 09-08-2018, 05:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 173 Likes on 155 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Nice TA! I vote to keep it and enjoy it for a while. It will make the summer months more enjoyable.