Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

my re-introduction (not that anyone will remember my last one)

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2018, 05:20 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default my re-introduction (not that anyone will remember my last one)

Way back in July 2004, I bought a 6spd 2001 SOM Camaro SS 1LE and I joined this forum. I lurked and read a few things, but only posted a couple of times. Seven months later, I sold the Camaro and pretty much stopped visiting this forum.

Fast forward to December 2018. I have been developing an itch to buy a GenIII V8 and hang a hair dryer on it, and this urge keeps growing stronger. Last week, I bought a complete 2002 Tahoe 5.3L with a fragged transfer case (there are literally chunks missing from the housing). Oh, sure, I ought to go through the engine and install new bearings and seals, but at least I now have a complete engine to play with. Next up: buying a car to swap it in to.

So that's why I'm here... again. I intend to stick around much longer and be much more active here than I was last time.

About me: cars are my life. Professionally, I've been selling them for 20 years at a Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep/Subaru/Kia/used autoplex. As a hobby, I have bracket raced for a number of years, most notoriously in my former 1989 Dodge Caravan turbo (hence my screen name). My most recent completed project is my 1980 Grand Prix; I junked its entire 231 V6 driveline and replaced it with a 454 Chevy/4L80E/Ford 8.8 rear end. My most famous non-finished project is my Miata V8 swap; I began that one ten years ago, but then it stalled out and has sat gathering dust for years and years.

When I'm not playing with making cars go fast, I play with making my Jeep go slow. It is lifted, locked, geared, and likes to crawl on rocks all over Utah and elsewhere. I am a member of the Red Rock 4Wheelers, and I work as a trail official at the annual Easter Jeep Safari in Moab, Utah. As passionate as I am about Jeeping, I am equally passionate about ham radio and its usefulness in the 4WD hobby.

Anyway, that's me in a nutshell.
Old 01-02-2019, 11:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 148 Likes on 134 Posts

Welcome back!
Old 01-03-2019, 06:57 AM
ModSquad

Received 3,361 Likes on 2,079 Posts

Welcome back! Are you totally against putting hairdryers in the Tahoe? Why change vehicles?