LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion (https://ls1tech.com/forums/)
-   Introductions & Greetings (https://ls1tech.com/forums/introductions-greetings-83/)
-   -   Virgins and Vettes (https://ls1tech.com/forums/introductions-greetings/674750-virgins-vettes.html)

ArcticC5 03-12-2007 06:57 PM

Virgins and Vettes

So, I have to know... Is it just me or does eveyone here feel like a lucky school boy when they sink into the curves of a vette? I will try to find ANY excuse to wake the girl up and take me somewhere. My lunches are spent driving around, I can eat later. Am I insane? I have even taken a pillow and blanket out and snoozed to some nice tunes. Do I need medical help? Or is it that this car was meant for a certain smart and wise individual? <- :)

I'm in love :chug:

<burp>

ITSA6 03-12-2007 09:17 PM

well welcome and yes corvettes are amazing my neighbor has one

ghettocruiser 03-12-2007 09:53 PM

Vettes??? Haha...Im like that with my TA. Ever since I did the LS1 swap I find myself going out randomly just to sit in her and start her up. My favorite thing to do, especially in the spring is pop the tops out, recline the seat, and just take it in. My car (87 TA) is probably the most comfortable care Ive personally ever been in. Everytime I drive her it makes me feel alive.

In fact...I had my girlfriend do a test. I told her to find my pulse while we were sitting in the car getting ready to go. Then I fired it up, and started driving while she held my pulse. She swore that from the second I started it it jumped a few beats per minute. Then, after a few quick throttle squeezes she said it felt like I was running. haha. True story.

IM ADDICTED!!!

Justin

The Wreckoning 03-13-2007 12:02 AM

welcome

Cole Train 03-13-2007 12:31 AM

lol yeah welcome. I do that too...i LOVE my car. May be just a petty LT1 but i've ran with 2 stock LS1 vettes(1 auto, 1 m6) and surprised both of them with a 0-100 win:D From a roll i usually get pulled on the longer we go but from a dig with a good launch i got 'em. I've also gotten my ass kicked by them before too. I respect Vette's though and just love to run with them from time to time. Good times;) Yeah enjoy it, they are eye catchers. It's always fun to crack open the throttle of a V8 and let 'em rip. Also as one guy posted about the pulse:D my heart was racing and i could keep the smile off my face the night i bought my Z. I even had a lady in a silver Vette 'vert say nice car on my way back from buying it. I love it:) i'm a GM muscle/sport car nut to the bone. Gonna get a Camaro Nose emblem tatoo this year in Sturgis. The one with the red, white and blue stripes and bowtie. LOL can't wait~Cole~

EviLS1 03-13-2007 01:30 AM

The feeling of the vette is wonderful, but man those ttops were nice

SatanzWS6 03-13-2007 01:42 AM

i was like that with my TA when i first got it. welcome!

YellowMonster87 03-13-2007 08:23 AM

I love corvettes man there awesome someday i will grab a z06 and the rest will be history.....but for now i have never lost to any vette i have raced :devil:

~JOSHUA 03-13-2007 08:54 AM

You would ruin your pants daily if you had my job.... :playboy:

Here's a thread with pics... also, look on page 2.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/corvette-performance/671318-corvette-heaven-lots-pics.html

Mystic 98 TA 03-13-2007 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by ghettocruiser
I told her to find my pulse while we were sitting in the car getting ready to go. Then I fired it up, and started driving while she held my pulse. She swore that from the second I started it it jumped a few beats per minute. Then, after a few quick throttle squeezes she said it felt like I was running. haha. True story.

IM ADDICTED!!!

Have you ever felt your pulse after a VERY close race, especially with another V8... For me my foot shakes uncontrollably for like 5 mins and i cant wipe this huge grin off my face... you could probably get my heart-rate from the pulsing of my foot :drive: I had to pull over once i was so excited, then the rest of the drive feels like pure Zen..... God i love my 6-speed. :)

ArcticC5 03-13-2007 11:58 AM

Yep, that's what I thought! :)

Cheers all!

LS1LT1 03-13-2007 12:32 PM

:fluffy:

Cole Train 03-13-2007 02:21 PM

i've had the foot shake too:D god i thought i was weird.LOL REALLY exciting... I only get that way if i know it's gonna be a good race or it's a nice car:D

blackmagic2 03-13-2007 02:35 PM

I sleep in my car all the time, even though its just a camaro with hard leather seats

ArcticC5 03-13-2007 02:56 PM

You guys rock! I have had the shakes too and the permagrin to where my cheecks ache. I mean pu$$y is great but it is VERY different than controlling a machine through the curves. I don't smile like that after sex.

Bring on the addiction! And yes, I can still get it up! I beat up my wife with the thing regularly! :rock:

Ell Ess Won 03-13-2007 03:04 PM

hahaha word. Wish I could fall asleep in mine. :jest:

ArcticC5 03-13-2007 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by ghettocruiser
Vettes??? Haha...Im like that with my TA. Ever since I did the LS1 swap I find myself going out randomly just to sit in her and start her up. My favorite thing to do, especially in the spring is pop the tops out, recline the seat, and just take it in. My car (87 TA) is probably the most comfortable care Ive personally ever been in. Everytime I drive her it makes me feel alive.

In fact...I had my girlfriend do a test. I told her to find my pulse while we were sitting in the car getting ready to go. Then I fired it up, and started driving while she held my pulse. She swore that from the second I started it it jumped a few beats per minute. Then, after a few quick throttle squeezes she said it felt like I was running. haha. True story.

IM ADDICTED!!!

Justin

HA! I do believe my pulse raises as I approach the machine!
Thanks man!

ArcticC5 03-13-2007 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by blackmagic2
I sleep in my car all the time, even though its just a camaro with hard leather seats

Camero = kewl
:)

ArcticC5 03-13-2007 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by ColeTrains'96Z28
lol yeah welcome. I do that too...i LOVE my car. May be just a petty LT1 but i've ran with 2 stock LS1 vettes(1 auto, 1 m6) and surprised both of them with a 0-100 win:D From a roll i usually get pulled on the longer we go but from a dig with a good launch i got 'em. I've also gotten my ass kicked by them before too. I respect Vette's though and just love to run with them from time to time. Good times;) Yeah enjoy it, they are eye catchers. It's always fun to crack open the throttle of a V8 and let 'em rip. Also as one guy posted about the pulse:D my heart was racing and i could keep the smile off my face the night i bought my Z. I even had a lady in a silver Vette 'vert say nice car on my way back from buying it. I love it:) i'm a GM muscle/sport car nut to the bone. Gonna get a Camaro Nose emblem tatoo this year in Sturgis. The one with the red, white and blue stripes and bowtie. LOL can't wait~Cole~

You seem pretty right on, and yes, you must respect the vette! Hehe
Thanks for you input dude, rock on :)

ino 03-14-2007 03:21 PM

welcome and yes they r