Rating Summary
Options
From
Date
pwrtrip75
01-30-2014, 07:17 PM
The ad
I have a new T4 70mm Garrett for sale. It has been sitting on my shelf for a while. I can not use this at this because I am going for a larger turbo. So this is my loss your gain! Good for stock motors or slightly modified motors. It has absolutely 0 shaft play on either side. Its rated to 650hp!!!
What I got was a T67 T04S pile of junk with a T3 flange 67mm compressor ith a 62mm turbine.
Here is his excuse he PM'd me.

First off let me apologize for what happen with the turbo. I never meant to misinterpret the specs of the turbo but I was just passing the info on to you. I have been reading up on turbos for a while but never actually had a turbo for myself. I did not take the housing off because I believed my (so called) friend when he said it was a 70mm. The only reason why I wont refund the money for the turbo is because I got screwed really bad during this deal which will put me deeper in a hole and he lied about the sizing of all the parts I have. Bad part about it, he wont even return my phone calls or text's. So here's the story........

My friend (actually a school friend) had a LT1 turbo kit for sale. It had 2 turbos 2 intercoolers and all the piping, gauges etc for $1100. So of course I bought it. It came with a 67 and the supposedly 70mm turbo. The 67mm was used on his Z28 setup which made 425rwhp on 10#s. So he bought a larger 70mm which he never go to install. So I thought I got a helluva deal.

So after I sold the turbo and numerous other parts (not related to this situation) I was able to afford a new t4 turbo. So I got the turbo and started mocking things up and.............Nothing fitted!!!! The header pipes dont fit the flange is too small on the hotside piping(this is how I found out that the 70mm was not a T4 it was T3 hybrid). So now I have to go and find piping to fix what I initially thought was a great deal. The only thing I got outta the deal was a 2 intercoolers, a ebay BOV, 58mm throttle body, boost controller(dont know if it even works) all for $1k. I found all this out on Monday. I am at the point right now to figuring out if I should go through with the build or just be done at where Im at.

I did more research and I think these turbos came off a diesel application. I think the one you have has been rebuilt hence no oil marks, scraps, no exhaust residue. Im sorry again and I know its not right that just because I got screwed over that you have to be screwed too. I believe in karma and I assure you that I did not have a clue about it not being a 70mm. I wouldnt have even sit here and take the time to write all of this so you could understand. With all of that being said I hope you can forgive me for what happened to you. I know it sucks when you expect one thing and get something completely different...........
Shows he knew it wasnt what he advertised yet screwed me over anyway because he got screwed over. Awesome. I wouldnt buy anything from this idiot. He also claimed to be a police officer in another PM....lol. wow.