LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

TTP Matt NEVER offered anyting AND did what he could to get the thread locked!

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 08:45 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to hear about your car, I hope you get it fixed.

Question though… It sounds like to me that your gripe is going to be with “Billy” who sold you the car. Just because he works for TTP that does not mean that TTP did the rebuild on the motor. Did you see receipts? Did he offer a warranty? How do you know if he didn’t mickey mouse the motor together after hours? I’m sorry, but I really don’t feel that you have a case or complaint against TTP as a company. Even if there were a warranty, it would most likely be for the original owner and not transferable. You bought a used privately owner high performance car, not a used car from GM with a warranty.

Matt at TTP as a company and person has always been a stand up guy with me. He helped me with my f-body project, offering sound advise with a fair price.
Old 01-13-2009, 05:31 PM
8 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by tektrans
If I bought a car that was built by a supposedely reputable shop and the motor went after a few trips down the track I'd be pissed.
From reading the for sale thread it sure sounds to me like TTP is endorsing the car as their involvement being a MAJOR selling point.
"19" Dyno runs?????????, right there I would not have bought it, hehe
Does anyone have a link to the original for sale post?
Old 01-13-2009, 07:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Firehawk441
Does anyone have a link to the original for sale post?

Yes, the original link is post # 10 in this thread....in that link look at posts #33,43,60 and it sure looks like it's still Matts car.( awww hell just read the whole 3 pages and it seems Matt does almost all the posting and negotiating on the car)

But im confused as to what the OP is looking for at this time ?

IMHO..i think this kid bought a whooped on beat up shop mule and didn't know any better...and was sold on the fact that it was a TTP built monster..and guess what..he got a TTP built POS..thats why they were selling it...that car never ran right back in the day ( and yes i dont post much anymore but, i've been on this board from the very begining. I rember this car always being broke down and Matt always having excuses for it )

In the end it's buyer beware and i guess this kids out of luck...but all in all the sale of the car was a little shady/misleading to say the least.

Last edited by Mike 00'SS; 01-13-2009 at 07:14 PM.
Old 01-13-2009, 07:05 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by chevrunner21
19dyno runs??? sounds like a shop car that they tested parts on a basically beat the life out of lol.
Sorry but a shop car will see alot more than 19 dyno runs. That isnt that many dyno runs and is no diffrent than hitting it on the street anyways.
Old 01-13-2009, 07:35 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by 2001z
Sorry but a shop car will see alot more than 19 dyno runs. That isnt that many dyno runs and is no diffrent than hitting it on the street anyways.
Yes I agree, trying different combos etc. but not on a fairly new motor-19 on a new motor c'mon.....
Old 01-13-2009, 07:45 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Mike 00'SS
Yes, the original link is post # 10 in this thread....in that link look at posts #33,43,60 and it sure looks like it's still Matts car.( awww hell just read the whole 3 pages and it seems Matt does almost all the posting and negotiating on the car)

But im confused as to what the OP is looking for at this time ?

IMHO..i think this kid bought a whooped on beat up shop mule and didn't know any better...and was sold on the fact that it was a TTP built monster..and guess what..he got a TTP built POS..thats why they were selling it...that car never ran right back in the day ( and yes i dont post much anymore but, i've been on this board from the very begining. I rember this car always being broke down and Matt always having excuses for it )

In the end it's buyer beware and i guess this kids out of luck...but all in all the sale of the car was a little shady/misleading to say the least.

I don't get the "TTP built monster" theory. They built the motor and tuned the car that was sold but as far as I know there are no 1/4 mile "monsters" that have come out of that shop as of yet. They do more of the fabricating/ road course stuff but (and I could be wrong here) as far as I know the absolute BEST 1/4 mile time that has EVER come out of that shop has been Pete's old car and it ran a 9.98 N/A with a solid roller 427.
Hardly a "monster" IMO and it would seem that your saying the car in question NEVER ran right before is accurate unfortunately for this unlucky buyer.
I've talked to Matt at Etown once or twice-seems like an ok guy when you talk to him but this is pretty shady stuff going on here-maybe we're not getting the whole story here, wish Matt would chime in here for clarification.
Old 01-13-2009, 08:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I don't get the "TTP built monster" theory. They built the motor and tuned the car that was sold but as far as I know there are no 1/4 mile "monsters" that have come out of that shop as of yet. They do more of the fabricating/ road course stuff but (and I could be wrong here) as far as I know the absolute BEST 1/4 mile time that has EVER come out of that shop has been Pete's old car and it ran a 9.98 N/A with a solid roller 427.
Hardly a "monster" IMO and it would seem that your saying the car in question NEVER ran right before is accurate unfortunately for this unlucky buyer.
I've talked to Matt at Etown once or twice-seems like an ok guy when you talk to him but this is pretty shady stuff going on here-maybe we're not getting the whole story here, wish Matt would chime in here for clarification.
lol...ok maybe calling the car a monster was a little aggressive but any car with (taken from the F/S thread) a............

Fresh LS6 Block (under 700 miles on it)
- Heat-treated/nitrated Stock 3.622" Crankshaft
- Diamond Racing Pistons -2cc Flat-Top Pistons(under 700 miles on them)
- Compstar Connecting Rods 6.125" (under 700 miles on them)
- Speedpro Main/Rod/Cam Bearings

- TTP Stage 4 AFR 225cc Heads (Port/polished in on top of AFR's CNC process) (under 700 miles on it)
- AFR Gold Dual Springs, Titanium Retainers, Hardened Spring Seats (under 700 miles)
- TTP Punisher V.4 Punisher Camshaft (under 700 miles)
- Stock Rockers
- T/F Hardened Chromemoly Pushrods
- LS6 Oil Pump
- Rollmaster Double Roller Timing Chain

- FAST 90mm Intake + NW 90mm TB (under 700 miles on it)
- Meziere Electric Water Pump (under 700 miles on it)
- ASP Underdrive Pulley
- Stock fans/radiator
- SLP 85mm MAF
- SLP Air Lid
- All smooth silicone linking Air lid to MAF to TB
- No Air Conditioning, however we can put back in the system if necessary

- Kooks 1 3/4 to 1 7/8 Headers (Mild Steel, Ceramic Coated, Air Fittings were removed and plate welded on)
- Borla 3" Stainless Adjustable Catback
- DMH Stainless Steel Exhaust Cutout (Attached where the Borla plates normally go for quiet to wild exhaust) (under 700 miles)

- Moser 12-Bolt Eaton Posi
- 33 Spline Axles
- 4.56 Pro Street Gears
- 4 Channel ABS (Traction Control + ABS Setup)
- 1350 Pinion Yoke
- Aluminum TA Cover
- BMR Tubular K-Member
- LPE 3.5" Aluminum Driveshaft

- TTP Stage 3 A-K T-56 Built Transmission
- 3/4 Steel Shift Fork
- Carbon Fiber Synchro Rings
- Vespel Shift Pads
- New Bearing/Seals
- SPEC Stage 3+ Clutch
- B&M Short Throw Ripper Shifter

- Powerslot Pro-Stop Rotors (4 Corners) (under 700 miles on them)
- Hawk HPS Pads (4 Corners) (under 700 miles on them)

it might not be a monster but i would expect pretty good things with all that stuff AND being installed AND being tuned by a profesional shop...that's all i ment to say.

BTW you got a pretty sick car there yourself and back in the acient times I had CARTEK tune my SS (it was cammed and sprayed) I ran that car for years on that tune and it passed NJ state inspection every year too.
Old 01-13-2009, 08:15 PM
8 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

This car is currently owned by Billy Adler @ TTP. You can contact Billy or I via PM or phone (His LS1tech name is TTPBilly). You can also call the shop direct at 973-365-2270 for further questions.

This is what I just read. Doesn't say it's (NOT) the property of TTP either. It says Billy @ TTP. The name TTP is all over that sale post. I have no opinion on this, but I can see where the new owner is coming from.
Old 01-13-2009, 08:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Firehawk441
Doesn't say it's (NOT) the property of TTP either. It says Billy @ TTP. The name TTP is all over that sale post. I have no opinion on this, but I can see where the new owner is coming from.
Yup, it's a little deciving to say the least...and Matt does almost all the posting and negotiating in the thread as well.
Old 01-13-2009, 08:34 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Mike 00'SS
lol...ok maybe calling the car a monster was a little aggressive but any car with (taken from the F/S thread) a............

Fresh LS6 Block (under 700 miles on it)
- Heat-treated/nitrated Stock 3.622" Crankshaft
- Diamond Racing Pistons -2cc Flat-Top Pistons(under 700 miles on them)
- Compstar Connecting Rods 6.125" (under 700 miles on them)
- Speedpro Main/Rod/Cam Bearings

- TTP Stage 4 AFR 225cc Heads (Port/polished in on top of AFR's CNC process) (under 700 miles on it)
- AFR Gold Dual Springs, Titanium Retainers, Hardened Spring Seats (under 700 miles)
- TTP Punisher V.4 Punisher Camshaft (under 700 miles)
- Stock Rockers
- T/F Hardened Chromemoly Pushrods
- LS6 Oil Pump
- Rollmaster Double Roller Timing Chain

- FAST 90mm Intake + NW 90mm TB (under 700 miles on it)
- Meziere Electric Water Pump (under 700 miles on it)
- ASP Underdrive Pulley
- Stock fans/radiator
- SLP 85mm MAF
- SLP Air Lid
- All smooth silicone linking Air lid to MAF to TB
- No Air Conditioning, however we can put back in the system if necessary

- Kooks 1 3/4 to 1 7/8 Headers (Mild Steel, Ceramic Coated, Air Fittings were removed and plate welded on)
- Borla 3" Stainless Adjustable Catback
- DMH Stainless Steel Exhaust Cutout (Attached where the Borla plates normally go for quiet to wild exhaust) (under 700 miles)

- Moser 12-Bolt Eaton Posi
- 33 Spline Axles
- 4.56 Pro Street Gears
- 4 Channel ABS (Traction Control + ABS Setup)
- 1350 Pinion Yoke
- Aluminum TA Cover
- BMR Tubular K-Member
- LPE 3.5" Aluminum Driveshaft

- TTP Stage 3 A-K T-56 Built Transmission
- 3/4 Steel Shift Fork
- Carbon Fiber Synchro Rings
- Vespel Shift Pads
- New Bearing/Seals
- SPEC Stage 3+ Clutch
- B&M Short Throw Ripper Shifter

- Powerslot Pro-Stop Rotors (4 Corners) (under 700 miles on them)
- Hawk HPS Pads (4 Corners) (under 700 miles on them)

it might not be a monster but i would expect pretty good things with all that stuff AND being installed AND being tuned by a profesional shop...that's all i ment to say.

BTW you got a pretty sick car there yourself and back in the acient times I had CARTEK tune my SS (it was cammed and sprayed) I ran that car for years on that tune and it passed NJ state inspection every year too.
Thanks Man! Back in the day huh? I have probably met you once or twice then-been a Cartek customer for 10 years now.
Old 01-13-2009, 08:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks Man! Back in the day huh? I have probably met you once or twice then-been a Cartek customer for 10 years now.
I'm sure we've probably crossed paths once or twice then, back then the regular crew that was at most/alot of the Toms River meets were Marc, Alex, Kenny, Pete, Miriah, Phil, Chris. Granted I've lost touch with most of the peeps cause of life circumstances (ie: sold off the car ) but i still check up on this board almost every day just to keep up a little on whats up and going on. Not much of a poster, but when i see threads like this one, i feel like i have to add my 2cents.
Old 01-14-2009, 04:43 AM
TECH Veteran

Setting the record straight in this forum: Matt or anyone at TTP never asked to have the other thread locked.

This thread is going the same direction as the other one, on it's way to locked status as the same questions are repeats with the same answers.

Any further issue/discussion is to be taken up by the buyer with the seller using every other means than posts on this site.
Old 01-14-2009, 04:21 PM
Banned

Default Re: Chevroletfreak

I am not going to get into the b/s slinging , etc. between either parties. I am here to set the record straight:

I sold the car to Bill who does work here, now. At the time he did not, but at any point even if he did work here at the time it would not have mattered. This car was owned from brand new as a personal vehicle, never a shop car. The car was sold by myself personally to Bill in which we performed a motor build on the car after the sale. There was NO written, implied, verbal, etc. warranties on said motor.

I do not know the details of the sale between chevroletfreak and Bill. This is not my business to know any of these details. I sold the car as is to a private individual from a private individual. Just like as if John Doe sells his car to Jane Doe then then sells the car to chevroletfreak. John Doe has no commitments or attachments to said car unless a warranty was given, such as in this case it was not. There should be NO reason to contact me directly. Why did he not try to contact the person that he purchased the car from? I do not know. My only speculation is that he wanted something for free. A car that I was originally told blew up on road, in fact was let go spinning high RPM's at the track.

The pictures have been inspected by myself and other colleagues of mine. If our labor was improper and not torqued to spec, that rod bolt would never have lasted 3000+ miles. The motor was perfectly fine when it left here on a transport truck. Then it was stored, loaded on a ship, stored again, and delivered.

I have tried to deal with chevroletfreak direct, but I will not deal with someone that lies and fabricates stories. You accused me in other posts of being the seller, you lied to me directly and I find out the story on another message board of what really happened to the car. Then you attack me on the message board, so when I make the truth heard you just create another post? I never contacted Gearhed to shut down the posts. I never wanted to justify you with a reply because of all the lies, etc. that have gone down here. I don't think you deserve it to be honest.

Oh and to all the nuthuggers in the last post, I made no excuses about the black Camaro being down. I'd love to see where I posted this considering the car was a daily driver for a long time of mine. We also won the 11.5 index at the first ls1tech shootout in MIR with it, so I guess it was a clunker. Oh and the "monster" motors that we build, I don't see ANYONE complaining on these boards of my motors blowing. Please prove to me about these "TTP POS" motor builds. Oh and my kerminator solid roller 427 was a hydraulic roller 416 setup untuned carb that went 9.94. Funny thing is that since I've owned the Kerminator I never had to fabricate the dyno numbers it made, because our package proved a 50+rwhp increase. And you can come down any day and see any of my cars on my "low reading" dyno... We actually put all of the parts we sell to our customers into the motors, yes we at TTP have many things to hide, B/S!!!

Last edited by TTPMatt; 01-14-2009 at 04:31 PM.

Quick Reply: TTP Matt NEVER offered anyting AND did what he could to get the thread locked!