LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

TTP Matt NEVER offered anyting AND did what he could to get the thread locked!

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 01:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default TTP Matt NEVER offered anyting AND did what he could to get the thread locked!

See TTP not responding thread below.

There was absolutely NO fabrication of anything from my end. His last post is entirely untrue and NEVER offered ANY type of assistance other than asking more questions. I would have LOVED ANY type of help and would NEVER have turned ANY assistance down.

Do not lock the thread until both parties are able to explain!

As a matter of fact...Here is the entire last PM sent to me on 18OCT:

Will show them to Nick and get back to you.

Thanks,
Matt
That is in concern of the plug pics I sent him...at his request.

Last edited by chevroletfreak; 01-08-2009 at 01:43 PM.
Old 01-08-2009, 02:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

Here is the car that I purchased.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/vehicles-...r-12-bolt.html

I wonder where I got the idea that TTP owned it.....Lets see, it was posted by Matt of TTP and sold by Billy of TTP.

I really was only waiting for the next response from him to try to work something out. Now I know that I was SCREWED.

Here is what it all comes down to and why TTP should receive this negative feedback....

FACT - TTP built a motor that could not handle a couple thousand miles and a few trips down the track. It threw a rod bolt causing thousands in damage and requiring complete replacement. From the heads to the oilpan.

FACT - TTP provided a very poor tune (now I will put that out there since their tune caused complete fouling of the plugs every few engine starts.....4 times)

If that is not enough then….

FACT – There may not be a warranty, but it would sure be nice if a sponsor would stand behind something built entirely by them. Apparently, they will not.
Old 01-08-2009, 02:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so you don't have a verbal or written agreement indicating that the car would be warrantied in case of mechanical failure, even if such failure occurred from your own abuse (yes drag racing is abuse, and stuff breaks)

Sounds like you're pissy that you broke your car drag racing it and now want to get a "bailout" from TTP lol

heck, why even offer warranties? It should jus be a given that if you abuse a vehicle by drag racing it and then something goes bad, the previous owner of the vehicle should fix it no questions asked lol

aftermarket parts fail... it's a fact of life ... if you want a reliable driver w/a warranty, buy something new from a dealer lol
Old 01-08-2009, 03:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Please read the other thread. SO EVERYONE KNOWS - I know that I do not have a written warranty AND I know that they don't have to do anything AND I know that parts break. Additionally, not many things cause ARP 2000 rod bolt failure. The primary reason would be a faulty install.

Either way, this is the FEEDBACK forum and I am posting FEEDBACK.

FACT - TTP built a motor that could not handle a couple thousand miles and a few trips down the track. It threw a rod bolt causing thousands in damage and requiring complete replacement. From the heads to the oilpan.

FACT - TTP provided a very poor tune (now I will put that out there since their tune caused complete fouling of the plugs every few engine starts.....4 times)

FACT – There may not be a warranty, but it would sure be nice if a sponsor would stand behind something built entirely by them. Apparently, they will not.
Old 01-08-2009, 03:59 PM
9 Second Club

I would be a little upset myself, but this is the nature of the beast.
I think the misconseption here is that you said you bought the car from TTP, but in reality you bought the car from Billy, the OWNER of TTP. This dosn't make it a car that you purchased from TTP, just the individual owner of the company. Hope you get it worked out.

This car is currently owned by Billy Adler @ TTP. You can contact Billy or I via PM or phone (His LS1tech name is TTPBilly). You can also call the shop direct at 973-365-2270 for further questions.

" Originally Posted by chevroletfreak View Post
I purchased a car from TTP built only by TTP with less than 700 miles on the ENTIRE built drivetrain…..front to rear....."

I'd love to see the receipt of TT Performance Parts Inc. selling you this car, why? Because there is none, you never bought it from the company OR myself.

We have been through this so many times at this point you are just harassing my company. I'm not going to keep replying back to these attacks. PERIOD
Old 01-08-2009, 09:34 PM

well sir thats racing **** breaks...plain and simple.....move on
Old 01-08-2009, 10:29 PM
TECH Resident

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

After reading the prior thread and reply from TTPMatt, I really think you are being very unreasonable.

First of all, TTPMatt states you did NOT buy the car from him, or TTP.

Next, as stated, you broke the motor going down the track. Welp sorry - all bets are off, and that is from the manufacturer. The best rods in the world are only warrantied for craftsmanship, not performance in racing conditions. The car had 19 dyno pulls on it, if something was to break it should have happened there and before 19 pulls were made.

Matt offered you parts at cost - You should have taken it and not bashed them. I wish I would get that deal after something breaks from racing.

Realize you bought a performance modified car, not a showroom stock car. You raced it, it did what happens when you race.
Old 01-09-2009, 09:50 AM
LSX Mechanic

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Instead of wasting time on the internet bashing TTP for something they didn't guarantee, and use that time wisely and fix your car.
Old 01-09-2009, 11:21 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ATwelveSec02Z28
First of all, TTPMatt states you did NOT buy the car from him, or TTP.
Who did I buy it from then? Apparently, I am still trying to figure that out also. It was posted by Matt, but I primarily dealt with Billy....both from TTP stating the car was entirely built by TTP. I stopped dealing with Billy when he stopped responding....oddly enough that happened after the car shipped to me.

Next, as stated, you broke the motor going down the track. Welp sorry - all bets are off, and that is from the manufacturer. The best rods in the world are only warrantied for craftsmanship, not performance in racing conditions. The car had 19 dyno pulls on it, if something was to break it should have happened there and before 19 pulls were made.
I agree to a degree. Why do we pay to get the best if it still won't last. Rod bolts only fail for a few reasons. The primary reason being improper install. Either way, when trying to decide on a builder you will hopefully research to find one that stands behind their work and does it right the first time. Again, I was never offered ANY assistance and provided everything that was requested by him. I had actually never even asked for them to pay for or warranty anything. The only correspondece between us was to determine the root cause....up until the last post of the other thread. Now I know where he stands and that I was just being led on.

Matt offered you parts at cost - You should have taken it and not bashed them. I wish I would get that deal after something breaks from racing.
That is complete balogne post from him. I would have loved that offer also. It never happened.

Originally Posted by Damian
Instead of wasting time on the internet bashing TTP for something they didn't guarantee, and use that time wisely and fix your car.
Oh it isn't guaranteed? LOL. I understand that.....still.

However, this is the feedback forum and I am providing valuable feedback to others here that may be wanting to have a motor built and have someone stand by their work. I had a bad experience and am posting it.

Old 01-09-2009, 01:17 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

so you are the guy that bought the car from the above thread then?
Old 01-09-2009, 01:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Jeff@SpectacleSolutions

so you are the guy that bought the car from the above thread then?
Yes sir. That is why I posted it.
Old 01-09-2009, 01:37 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by chevroletfreak
Yes sir. That is why I posted it.
well, if thats the case.....I must say, i sympathize with you somewhat. As a shop owner though, I can say that if a customer suffered an engine failure while racing the car, I would be hard pressed to do very much.

theres not a shop on earth that could survive if they warrantied an engine unconditionally, under all types of use and abuse.
Old 01-09-2009, 05:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I don't know guy's after reading that F/S add...i kinda get the feeeling Mattt was acting/representing like he was the seller of a TTP built car..he refers quite a few times like he was the owner IE: post #33 and #43 and #60 .

One question..who's name was one the title when you bought the car....Matt or Billy ? Who did you pay, make a check out to Matt or Billy ?
Old 01-10-2009, 06:54 AM
TECH Veteran

It doesn't matter who's name is on the title, it was sold "as is" which means "no warranty".

This is not only for feedback but for resolution. chevroletfreak wants TTP to fix the car or discount parts and service and that is not going to happen as per Matt. It also means this issue has run it's course since he shot it past "feedback" only.
Old 01-10-2009, 07:35 AM
TECH Apprentice

Why did you take a car to the track or do any beating on it period with a bad tune????????????????????? I'm not taking any sides on this but just off of that i would say you f***ed up. seriously though why did you abuse this car at all if it was tuned so bad?
Old 01-11-2009, 05:13 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I didn't read the other thread but with it breaking on the track I say the warrenty is completely out the window.
Way too many variables with driving the car hard. 1 over rev could easilly wreck your motor.I've had customers over rev new motors and break valve springs within 500 miles of giving them the car.Rev limiter is at what ever you set but you hit that limiter hard and the motor could easilly hit 8k rpm. So,sorry to say,if it was my car I wouldn't even consider warretying it. Just an opinion.
Old 01-12-2009, 07:35 PM
8 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I've racked up one hell of a broken parts list in my 27 yrs. of racing. If this is your 1st year, I recommend deeper pockets. Welcome to Racing.
Old 01-12-2009, 09:17 PM
9 Second Club

If I bought a car that was built by a supposedely reputable shop and the motor went after a few trips down the track I'd be pissed.
From reading the for sale thread it sure sounds to me like TTP is endorsing the car as their involvement being a MAJOR selling point.
"19" Dyno runs?????????, right there I would not have bought it, hehe
Old 01-12-2009, 10:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tektrans
If I bought a car that was built by a supposedely reputable shop and the motor went after a few trips down the track I'd be pissed.
From reading the for sale thread it sure sounds to me like TTP is endorsing the car as their involvement being a MAJOR selling point.
"19" Dyno runs?????????, right there I would not have bought it, hehe
Yes that's that what i was saying as well....and we all know (us eastern forum guys) that this was Matt's personal car and then it was allededly(sp) sold as Billy car.....hmmmmm maybe incase problems with the car did come up it then Matt can wash his hands of the problem.
Old 01-13-2009, 06:35 AM
TECH Apprentice

19dyno runs??? sounds like a shop car that they tested parts on a basically beat the life out of lol.

Quick Reply: TTP Matt NEVER offered anyting AND did what he could to get the thread locked!