LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Nasty Performance- Very bad experience, dissapointed

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 06:19 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nasty Performance- Very bad experience, dissapointed

So here is my negative experience with nate at nasty performance. I first called to place a order on a fuel system including -8 feed and -6 return stainless steel lines with the necessary fittings, filter, and FPR, and rails for $800. Package came and it included push fittings with all rubber hose. After calling, nate explained they sent me the rubber lines because that is what they use when the customer specifies black rails/fittings which no how I ever did. Nonetheless nate seemed upset about the mixup but told me I could send the kit back to him and he would send me what I had ordered (the SS lines). After a day I just decided t keep the rubber hoses and push fittings because I knew sending it back and getting the right kit would delay my project weeks, and I didnt have that time and didnt want to deal with the hassle. Anyhow so I called him and told him that I would just keep the fuel kit they sent me and put it in.

It wasnt to much longer that I had the whole kit on my camaro and anxious to get my 700+whp beast up and running. This is where I became very unsatisfied with nate @ nasty per. Basically after installing the rails I developed fuel leak after leak, and all the leaks were coming from the top of the injector where it meets the rail. I ended up replacing the o-rings twice, buying a new injector, and then finally buying a new set of fuel rails to finally figure out it was nates fuel rails that were the source of the leaking problem. In this time I contacted nate two times. I thought maybe these rails had a machining flaw. He told me hes never had that problem before, so I just figured it had to be something on my part. Next he said the injetors I was using were 3-5mm shorter than factory injectors which was more than likely the problem since I was using 80lb deka seimans. He recommended I bend 2 of the fuel rail brackets to change the angle of the shorter injectors to get them to seat properly. I knew there had to be many others who have these injectors there camaros with no leak problems which finally just led me to buy new fuel rails and rail fittings to try the last possible solution. After the new rails came in, I tried them out and presto, no more LEAKS!, I was so relieved. I called nick to let him know his rails were the problem (like i mentioned ti him before, i just thought they were poorly designed rails) Basically after that he opted to send me the same fuel rails in exchange. I knew that wouldnt solve my problem because I knew the problem were HIS RAILS. So I shipped him his janky fuel rails back along with the 4 end fittings. He decided he would charge me a 30% restocking fee. So he refunded me $104.99 back when the rails were $150 and nothing for the fittings, even though his website shows the rails are $210 (i think they were discounted since I bought a fuel system package). After shipping I got $90 back, and I ended up spending $250 and many hours trying to get his rails to work. I sensed it from the beginning when I got the rubber lines and push fittings that he was trying to skimp my system to maybe make a little more on the system, but after everything I went through and to charge me a 30% restocking fee, I knew all he cared about was every dollar he could make on the system
Old 03-25-2010, 10:41 AM
FormerVendor

Not much to say as I told you several times to send it back I would make it right and you refused. You ordered a budget kit as our Braided kit is $1050 and wanted it in black (which I prefer to use the black hose I think its a better product) But despite I told you I would get you the right parts no charge just send the other back but you agreed with me and kept it. Then you had an issue with the rails you sent no pics or anything, I said I would send you another set again YOU refused and told me it was my design and a new set would not fix the issue which I have no idea what the problem was. You went ahead on your own purchased a different set of rails and I told you I would refund you for the other rails as soon as I received them back I wanted to evaluate the issue you were having. I received them back with no hardware or the problem brackets???? If there was an issue I would like to see it???? Also the rails were destroyed looked like they were kicked around the shop for a month I don't know how anyone would want that on there car. So I did as I told you I would refunded you -30% and had to throw out the rails as they were worthless to me. So if you are not happy its because you would not let me fix any of the issues you had.
Old 03-26-2010, 07:15 PM
Teching In

wow....all i can say is your response is a bunch of bs, this was nates excuse to send a cheaper kit, i actually specified 3 times over the phone i wanted stainless steel braided lines....all lies.....actually im not going to keep arguing....let me just say that I have dealt with many shops, fabricators and so forth and never once had any problems for parts that were 100 times more difficult to install than nasty's junk fuel rails, for example, trent @ coperformanceunlimited (blacknite) built a custom ysi supercharger bracket for me and is the biggest pleasure to deal with. Seriously if your thinking of a fuel system dont make the same mistake as me, go with lonnie, he seems like a genuine guy. Btw the fuel rails i sent back were not in perfect condition and i admit that, there were 1 or 2 places were the red anodized color came off less than the size of a pencils eraser and I know you didnt throw them away, i mean why would you, you have sold "thousands of this rails for the ls6 intake manifold with no problems" hopefully the BBB sends you a letter

Last edited by hamann1000; 03-26-2010 at 09:14 PM.

Quick Reply: Nasty Performance- Very bad experience, dissapointed