LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Thunder Racing taking a long time to ship items / wont reply

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2010, 07:02 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Thunder Racing taking a long time to ship items / wont reply

I orderd a TRex cam, valvesprings, seals, locks, retainers, and push rods from Thunder Racing two weeks ago, and I still haven't received anything. I was wondering if they're known for taking a while to ship parts out, like if they have to grind the cam as orders come, or they don't keep some things in stock.

What bothers me more than taking so long to ship the parts is I've tried contacting them by phone and email and I'm yet to have any replies. When I called during their business hours, no one picked up the phone, so I left a message. Two days later after no response I sent an email, which I still haven't received a response from.....
Old 11-23-2010, 09:24 AM
11 Second Club

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

When I went to order my cam I placed an order and about time I was expecting it to show up they called because it was backordered for a couple weeks...so I canceled and ordered something similar from Comp cams direct for a lot cheaper. Cost myself some HP but I did get my car together on schedule...I had taken a certain week off work so I needed stuff ASAP.
Old 11-23-2010, 09:33 AM
TECH Regular

Received 114 Likes on 83 Posts

Had a friend order a cam kit from there for his 97 corvette. After waiting 2 months for his backordered items he canceled and bought a vortech supercharger from somewhere else instead. Hes vowed to never order from thunder racing again...
Old 11-23-2010, 09:43 AM
TECH Apprentice

dammit......

thanks for the input guys!

I'm gonna give them another call today, see if I can actually get a person on the line. If they give me some "backordered" BS i'm gonna cancel the order and get a custom grind from comp.

Last edited by BlackBirds; 11-23-2010 at 09:49 AM.
Old 11-23-2010, 09:57 AM
12 Second Club

Damn that sucks.
Old 11-23-2010, 09:59 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Customer service has been a struggle for them for awhile now.
Old 11-23-2010, 10:06 AM
11 Second Club

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackBirds
dammit......

thanks for the input guys!

I'm gonna give them another call today, see if I can actually get a person on the line. If they give me some "backordered" BS i'm gonna cancel the order and get a custom grind from comp.

Yeah give them a chance but if you don't hear from them I would look into an eps grind. Geoff used to work for thunder IIRC
Old 11-23-2010, 11:35 AM
TECH Apprentice

called them up today and someone picked up the phone this time haha

He said they got confirmation today that the order was on the inbound truck to them, so I guess it will be to me sometime next week.....

Last edited by BlackBirds; 11-23-2010 at 11:45 AM.
Old 11-30-2010, 11:41 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys, I'm not sure why you are having trouble contacting us by phone, but I know that we are on the lines all day 6 days a week. We have four people who handle calls/emails and walk-in customers. From time to time, we can get tied up with calls and walk-ins because my sales guys will take the time that they feel each customer needs and we don't want to rush anyone through when they have questions. Those of you who have called in and spoken to one of our guys for 2+ hours on a tech call know that we will take the time needed with each customer.

If you have an issue getting through for any reason, you can email me directly at angie at thunderracing.com. Unless I am out of the office (rarely) I check my email all day long.

If you leave a message in our voice mail system, all calls are returned before we leave for the day, which may not be until 9 pm some nights.

I guarantee you won't find a group of people who are more willing to help you than we are. At times we get overwhelmed with calls/emails/walk-ins, but I promise that we are doing everything we can to get each customer taken care of and I will continue to explore new ways to make sure this happens.

As a side note, Saturday's during LSU home games are typically a good time to call because we usually don't have ANY walk-in customers during that time, LOL!

Angie

Quick Reply: Thunder Racing taking a long time to ship items / wont reply