LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Race Proven Motorsports - Top Notch

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 10:45 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Race Proven Motorsports - Top Notch

Took my recently finished build to Race Proven Motorsports in Delaware. I went through quite a process interviewing different shops/tuners and Fran made me the most comfortable. We took the car down from NJ to Fran's shop to get a full tune on the setup below. Fran and his staff were top notch and I never felt more comfortable having my car in someone else's hands. As with probably any new setup, there will be a few snags but RPM took care of everything.

I also didn't mind the comfortable lounge with flat screen tv/movies to keep me calm in between dyno pulls.

For those unfamiliar with the build, here is the link to the build thread and a list of mods have been included below. This was a home built setup and my first time building an engine in general from the block up.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-in...wer-build.html

Engine:

383 LT1 4-bolt splayed mains
Forged JE -31cc Blower Pistons
Forged Callies Dragonslayer Crank
Forged Callies 5.7 Rods
Custom LE Blower Cam
Trickflow 21 deg heads - Worked by LE (ported, polished, new valves, dual springs, etc)
Ported LT1 Intake by LE

Computer:

EFI Connection LS1 PCM Conversion

Blower:

Procharger F1-A 12-rib race system
Race Open Bypass

Trans/Clutch:

McLeod Street Twin
Level 3 Tick Performance T56

Fuel:

Twin In-tank Walbro setup
80lb High Imp. Injectors

The results are below and I'm very very pleased with the numbers. I was hoping for anything over 650rwhp and the car did even better. RPM mentioned that it will pick up a bit more with some miles on it but again, I'm very happy with the way everything went. As I planned with the parts selection, the driveability is much improved over the old heads/cam setup with the cc306 and spec 3 clutch. The rest is up for me to finish up and get it all set for the open road and eventually the track.

On to the numbers and video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yM-ECxRfPiU

Quick Reply: Race Proven Motorsports - Top Notch