LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Mike Lavigne @ Thunder Racing

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2011, 01:01 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Mike Lavigne @ Thunder Racing

I bought my 2nd GTO used, from a local guy that said the car was built an tuned out of state(I won't say the shop name because they are a sponsor), by the original owner. I decided to put it on the rollers to see if the tune was good. Where I live we have a few reputable LSx shops, and I decided to go to my long time friend Mike, who just started tuning for Thunder Racing. He's been in the game a long time, and has tuned every LSx car he's ever owned, numerous locals, and has also helped me with my first GTO quite a few times. So we put it on the dyno and discover the tune is off really bad. The A/F is all over the place and the timing is nearly 30 degrees. Instead of fighting to correct the tune we come to agreement that he start over with one of his tunes and go from there. After about 4 hours of total dyno time the tune gets finished. The drivability is WAY better than before, and the car just flat out pulls. The A/F is 12.9 all the way across, and the timing is around 24-25 degrees. The tune was done in horrible weather(96 degrees).

Anyway here is the final dyno sheet. I will post the original dyno sheet after the holidays. I didn't tell him to email that and they won't be back at the shop until next week. My mods are in my signature.

Old 07-05-2011, 02:59 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's the baseline compared to the final tune.

Quick Reply: Mike Lavigne @ Thunder Racing