LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Thunder Racing BAD BUSINESS ETHICS

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2012, 12:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Thunder Racing BAD BUSINESS ETHICS

I ordered a custom grind for my motor back in October. TR said COMP Cams would drop ship it. After pointless excuses and no returns on phone calls or emails, I finally cancelled my order in January and ordered from another vendor here who told me it should have only taken 1-2 days to grind. I got my order delivered within 4 days after ordering it. I am still waiting on my refund from TR and it's almost the end of February. I am going to do a charge back with my credit card company.

I also found out that TR are lying to customers as they lied to me. I called COMP Cams and they told me they never received any order. After spending 30 minutes with them on the phone and them seeing if they missed it, I just realized the order most likely was never placed. COMP Cams told me a grind is 1-3 days and they are not back ordered and this was not the first time customers having to bypass TR and calling them to find out where they order is when it was never placed.

If you have an order with Thunder Racing and they are giving the excuse as I have read here in all the other feedback about manufacturers being back logged, etc., don't believe it. Call the manufacturer yourself.

One of their former employees also told me that they are having money problems and are using customers monies to pay their bills and that is why orders are late.

My buddy ordered some BMR parts and it took almost a month to deliver. Angie at TR said BMR was backordered. The guys at BMR said the order was never placed.

Read all the feedback here on Thunder Racing. It's all negative and now they are no longer sponsors. I posted this on Thunder Racing's facebook page along with all the other negative postings there and they have basically banned anyone from writing on their page and deleted all the complaints there.
Old 02-27-2012, 08:57 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had the exact same issue on a clutch order. Sucks to hear you got the run around.
Old 02-27-2012, 09:08 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not trying to get involved in A flame war about another vendor but I can attest to the fact that COMP is very prompt at getting custom grinds out the door. They usually quote ms a week to ship but get them out in 2-3 days
Old 02-29-2012, 08:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Wow, I have been out of the scene for years, but they used to be my preferred vendor.
Old 02-29-2012, 08:27 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 98_1LE
Wow, I have been out of the scene for years, but they used to be my preferred vendor.
^ This.
Old 02-29-2012, 09:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

I had the exact same issue. I ordered a part from them and after being treated like an idiot I lost my temper and demanded my money back. I posted on here and got a PM from the manufacturer of the part I ordered, telling me they owe him a ton of money and did not place MY order with him. They were telling me He was backed up and did not have any available.

Look to your right ---------> NOT A SPONSOR ANYMORE !!!!!
Old 02-29-2012, 10:44 AM
10 Second Club

They have been screwing up for a while now. A quick search for Thunder in this forum comes up with many negative threads. Sad to see what can happen to even the best shops with poor management and staff.
Old 03-08-2012, 03:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I had bad luck with them as well. I placed an order for a cam kit and after getting the run around for about 2 months I cancelled the order. I then ordered a cam from Vengeance racing which had to be ground by Comp also and I had it in about a week. I had good luck with TR in the past but I would stay away from them now.
Old 03-08-2012, 06:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Man, what the hell is up with Thunder Racing? These guys have been one of the longest LSX shops around. Sucks that they cant get any orders right or anything.
Old 03-09-2012, 07:29 AM
TECH Apprentice

I order a auto meter gauge from them and receive it 2 month after i order it (DAMN).What broke the camel back was,i order a TA Performance girdle that suppose to have the TR emblem engraved on the girdle. I also again waited 2 month for this item.When finally got item,no TR emblem was engraved on the girdle.
Old 03-26-2012, 10:19 PM
Staging Lane

Ordered a racetronix fuel pump and wireing kit from these guys a week ago, and i still hadnt received any emails by today, so i gave them a call, after 4 different calls i finally got through to a person and it turns out it is backordered according to them. It would have been nice to at least have them email me this info since now its going to be at least a week before the damn thing ships out, and i was hoping to get my car on the road this week! Very bad buisness ethics according to me
Old 04-05-2012, 04:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

I had a similar experience when ordering some lug nuts from them back in November. Placed my order online and figured they were in stock, nothing on the webpage told me otherwise. After waiting a week, I finally called them to see what was going on. They said they were out of stock and they were going to be shipped to me directly from the manufacturer. I waited a few more days and then got an email from TR saying that my item had been shipped. Unfortunately, the lugs were shipped to TR, instead of me directly, so I had to wait even longer.

I think it's kind of shady to do business this way. If the item is out of stock or backordered, then they should make an immediate effort to inform the customer. That way the customer can either choose to wait it out or cancel the order. I was in a time crunch and really needed those lugs quick so I wasn't happy about the run-around. If I had known that they were not in stock, I would have canceled my order and found them some place else. I guess that's exactly why they didn't tell me, so they could make the sale and get my money regardless. Bad business practice!
Old 04-08-2012, 07:25 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Sucks....
Old 04-08-2012, 08:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yep, had a buddy order a 12-bolt from them - according to TR, it was complete, had been shipped (directly from Moser) and was supposed to arrive by truck last week. After noone showed up, a quick call to Moser revealed Thunder Racing had never even placed the order...

If you've got a car, motor, parts, etc there, I'd highly suggest you get your **** before they have a 'fire sale' and lock the doors like a few other shops that have gone under... I feel its only a matter of days
Old 04-09-2012, 01:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Going.... going.... GONE.
Old 04-13-2012, 08:37 AM
11 Second Club

I ordered a cam and have the same story. I was never charged and that's the only difference. I got my Stroker cam direct from Comp in 2 days. This was after waiting 2 months and calling 8 times a week.

It makes me wonder what they ARE doing since they are not placing orders. What ARE they working on?

I've spent over $20k with them over the years and this is just disgusting.

This thread needs a lot more visibility and people need to be aware of what they are doing. It's illegal.
Old 04-18-2012, 06:49 PM
Teching In

the guys who have purchased parts and cancelled received there money back?
Old 04-18-2012, 06:54 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

It truly looks like the ship is sinking.
Old 04-18-2012, 08:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just ordered a roll bar from them and they called the next day to set up shipping arrangements. Hoping I have luck there the only ones that took paypal for my order.
Old 04-18-2012, 08:36 PM
11 Second Club

Wow, I have been out for a while as well, but TR used to be the only place I would order from. This is very very sad if they are now stooping to such levels!! Very sorry to hear this!!!

Quick Reply: Thunder Racing BAD BUSINESS ETHICS