LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Mixed Review About Texas Speed

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 02:04 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mixed Review About Texas Speed

I am mostly a lurker, but am on a few forums, but figured I would post this on here.

After much debate about doing a cam swap, and doing a ton of reading, I decided to go with the Texas Speed 231/236 cam.

I order the cam on April 12th via Texas Speed's website. It was my fault ordering on my phone, but I accidentally set up the specs for it to be "standard" which meant single bolt, and 111 LSA. When I received my confirmation email, I noticed this, and called Texas Speed, apologizing that I made a mistake, and needed it to be a 3-bolt cam, and cut on a 112 LSA. I can't remember who I spoke to, but they said it was no problem, and they would get it fixed, but they would have to have the specs sent to Comp to have them custom grind it (I figured this was the more popular cam anyway, I know it is with 5th Gen Camaro guys) but anyway, and it might take a few extra days. I told him that it was fine, and I apologized again about messing up the initial order.

Skip forward a few days, to April 17th, the cam was delivered. I opened up the box, just to make sure, and I read on the cam card that was 3-bolt, but on a 111 LSA. I wasn't happy, but figured I would call Texas Speed tomorrow (They were closed by the time the cam was delivered and I opened it up) and we would get it sorted out.

So the next day, I tried calling Texas Speed, line was busy, no biggie. I ended up emailing Matt, since he was the one who initially sent me the initial order email, explaining about the wrong cam. He emailed me back saying "I am looking at your online order and you left it as the default LSA, which is 111.". While that was true, I had called and the order was supposed to be changed to both 3-bolt, and 112 LSA. Needless to say, it kind of rubbed me the wrong way, so I called Texas Speed back. Spoke to someone else, explaining the situation, and he mentioned I would have to ship the cam back, and they would get the new one shipped to me. So he gave me a RMA #, and not 15 minutes later, I drove to the nearest FedEx and got the cam shipped off to Texas Speed. Shipping it back to them, via Express Saver, was $38.85. What I guess I kind of missed, and didn't catch, was I had to pay for return shipping? When it wasn't really my fault when I was assured the original order was fixed.

The cam was delivered back to them Friday, April 20th, and I figured that they wouldn't get a new one sent until the new one was received back, makes sense. Skip to yesterday, April 25th, I got a call from Texas Speed, actually left a voicemail since I was at work, saying that they needed a Credit Card so they could get it shipped out. So when I was finally able to call them back, which was about 20 minutes later, I did, and he said the same thing, needed a credit card. I first thought it was because it was for proof for my account or something. He then said it'd be $17 on the card to get the new one shipped out to me. I think I was too excited about finally getting the new/correct cam shipped to me, that I didn't question them, why do I have to pay for return shipping, again, for something that wasn't my fault.

I told a few of my local car friends about this, and they agreed that it was wrong that I had to pay for both, return shipping for the old cam BACK to Texas Speed, AND to get the new cam shipped to me from Texas Speed, when via phone, the originally order was told to me that it would be fixed, and would be 3-bolt, and 112 LSA. Is not really the $55 in shipping that concerns me, it's the principle of the matter.

I've ordered a few other parts from Texas Speed, within the past few months for my cam swap, and haven't had an issue, but this one hasn't been too great.
Old 04-28-2012, 07:19 PM
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Im unsure who you spoke with but I would like to apologize for the misunderstanding. We strive to have the best customer service in the business. If you have a concern with the way things were handled feel free to give us a call and we will be happy to get things straightened out, and discuss what happened. Once again I apologize for the inconvenience.

Quick Reply: Mixed Review About Texas Speed