LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

JDP Motorsports (Utah)

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 10:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JDP Motorsports (Utah)

I didn't want to have to do this, but I can't sit idlely by as I get the shaft...spending tons of money for a broken car. After 6 weeks and a ton of $$$ later, my SS has become a paper weight. You would think that dropping off a perfectly r...unning car and spending some cash, you would get the same...if not better in return. Finally after weeks of diagnosing and re-assembly, the car was picked up last week. Only to have it fall apart the following day. Long story short, I would have assumed that JDP would back their customers...wishful thinking on my part. This is not to bash, but to only express how disappointed I am in the quality of work and customer service. I was told the car would be picked up last week...no phone calls back after several messages have been left. Time to cut my losses...$$$. So with that being said, the car is in another shop's hands and I am confident that the problem will get resolved (as I knock on wood). My apologies to those who have or currently stick by this shop, I am just frustrated and upset with this whole mess.

PS-Sometimes its best to stick with your gut and not take a chance.

Thanks to Jordan for standing by his work..out more money now for a motor....THUMBS down!!!! I dropped off a perfectly running car and got this back in return. He has done nothing to help or make this "right".

Old 05-09-2012, 10:58 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Somehow 9psi, 22* ignition timing, and a zeroed IAT timing modifier table, doesn't seen like a smart tuning strategy. Unfortunately, Sweet SS is paying the price.

Sad.
Old 05-09-2012, 11:44 AM
TECH Apprentice

Post of the pictures of your MLS gaskets you paid for that weren't MLS. Also post up the spots on the block where it looks like someone took a die grinder to it to surface it. Plus pictures of the "decked" heads that don't look decked at all.
Old 05-09-2012, 11:49 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As people can tell, here in Utah we are a pretty close knit group that watches out for one and other-
I also stopped by and saw the damage as it was taken apart for inspection in the new shop. Several issues here that need to be made right.
Old 05-09-2012, 02:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I will get ahold of some of the other pics not attached. But yes, they were not MLS head gaskets and the blocked is scratched from them taking a grinder to it.
Old 05-18-2012, 05:57 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Well, be happy they weren't mls gaskets if they f'ed up the block and heads because mls gaskets aren't very forgiving to imperfections in the mating surfaces. Like I said in the other thread, this sucks that they did that to you.
Old 05-21-2012, 12:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how about you post what was done and what happened, this post has zero information in it....

Quick Reply: JDP Motorsports (Utah)