LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Thompson Motorsports LS3 issue Resolved by TMS.

Old 06-11-2015, 10:48 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by The Alchemist
As a moderator, I take offense to your claims that we cover up and hide complaints. Will we move a complaint to the Sponsor feedback section, sure, because that's where it belongs. This thread for example, belongs there, and not in the Gen IV internal section.

I can see any post or thread that has been deleted, and I don't see your posts being deleted. Removed threads don't just dissapear, they go into another section with restricted access to site admins only.

I get that you're pissed off at TMS, and that's your right. But there is no need to come into every one of their threads and bash them over your experience with them. All it does is make you look like a bitter person.

I'm no liar. I stated what I was told and I believe the person. He stated he could have them removed which he has been accused of doing. You need the posters name which I'm sure you can get. I will get in touch with him to get in touch with you. I don't believe he made that story up and it is copy and pasted from my PM's. Thanks
Old 06-11-2015, 10:53 PM
9 Second Club

For the record, in the thread that Kyle posted, the only posts that were edited or deleted were by Stunningman of his own posts.
I'm not the only one that edited post.

I guess you missed where Thompson edited his post from saying the front of the thrust bearing was screwed up to the rear of the thrust bearing was screwed up. Again claiming the th350 was causing his junk TMS crankshaft to take out the thrust bearing.

But wait those pictures of the crank show. The crank was bent on the mains 3 and 4 journals. EVERY Professional that has seen those pictures state the crank was bent except Thompson.

Take this one for example. It was started by a customer with an issue. That issue was resolved, yet Stunningman decided to revive the thread over a month after anyone else had posted in it, just to bash and vent. That's a thread hijack by definition, and typically it would get deleted since it has no place here.

Will a sponsor reach out and ask to have a post or thread deleted if it's just an unhappy customer who's simply bashing, it's happened. TMS hasn't done that, but it has happened before. Before we do anything, we try to encourage the unhappy customer to seek some kind of resolution with the sponsor. We may reach out to the sponsor to find out what needs to be done to make things right.

Moderators aren't perfect. But I like to think we do a pretty good job here keeping everyone on the same page.
What page are you on? I'm not trying to be a *** but... you say you're offended by me saying threads can and have been deleted... then a few post later you state that you can and do delete them if they ask and the circumstances are just right.

Then you make a accusation that I'm the only one that edited posts in the other thread where TMS edited their posts. Which is clearly explained due to circumstances regarding "supposedly" getting the item fixed and "promises" made.

Then you tell people that I revived this thread after a month of inactivity just to bash TMS. the post above mine 6-03-15 ...the post above that is 6-03-15. My post is 6-04-15.

How is that a month?

It's on the first page of Gen IV internal engine forum... I ran across it. I share my experience. I have responded to post directed at me or about my situation.

Only person off topic ATM is Lemons... Judging from his analogy and every post he has made... I really don't think he can help it.

Last edited by The stunningman; 06-12-2015 at 03:09 AM.
Old 06-12-2015, 07:34 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by The stunningman
I'm not the only one that edited post.

I guess you missed where Thompson edited his post from saying the front of the thrust bearing was screwed up to the rear of the thrust bearing was screwed up. Again claiming the th350 was causing his junk TMS crankshaft to take out the thrust bearing.
You accused us moderators of editing or deleting your posts, and I am able to see that you were the one who edited and deleted your own posts. Please try to follow along, I know it's hard.

What page are you on? I'm not trying to be a *** but... you say you're offended by me saying threads can and have been deleted... then a few post later you state that you can and do delete them if they ask and the circumstances are just right.

Yes, we have the ability, and sometimes move the threads to the correct section, or delete posts from people who do not belong posting in someone else's thread. But if you start a thread, as you did, we won't delete your thread just because you have a complaint with a sponsor. Do you understand? Think of it like being in court and having a complaint against a vendor. You're simply in the back of the courtroom yelling and interrupting. You'd get thrown out if you did that, and the same thing happens here. You've said your peace, you have your own thread to bitch and moan, so stay out of other people's threads. DO YOU UNDERSTAND?

Then you make a accusation that I'm the only one that edited posts in the other thread where TMS edited their posts. Which is clearly explained due to circumstances regarding "supposedly" getting the item fixed and "promises" made.

Again, you accused moderators of deleting your posts, and I looked at your thread, and saw the posts of yours that were deleted, and you deleted each one.

Then you tell people that I revived this thread after a month of inactivity just to bash TMS. the post above mine 6-03-15 ...the post above that is 6-03-15. My post is 6-04-15.

How is that a month?

I saw the post you made on 06-02-2015 putting up your motor for sale and pointing to your sales ad. Yes, it got deleted by another moderator because it didn't belong in here. Again, you forget that we can see even deleted posts. So yes, you bumped this thread after nearly a month.

It's on the first page of Gen IV internal engine forum... I ran across it. I share my experience. I have responded to post directed at me or about my situation.

Only person off topic ATM is Lemons... Judging from his analogy and every post he has made... I really don't think he can help it.
Please let me know if you fail to understand anything I'm saying, and we can have a discussion and I will clarify things for you. From here on out, stay out of other people's threads. This is your one and only warning.
Old 06-12-2015, 08:19 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd break it down but Alchemist did it just fine.

Someone has a problem comprehending what is being posted. That half way shows where these other issues are stemming from.

Back to my normal tech activity.
Old 06-12-2015, 08:46 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 196 Likes on 138 Posts

I agree with JakeFusion, the entire valvetrain is the wrong combination of parts for 815whp. Does anybody else not see this? LS7 lifters, stock rockers, more then likely 5/16 pushrods...not exactly the combination of parts I would be using in this build.
Old 06-12-2015, 08:52 AM
TECH Senior Member

Well hell... I'm doing ls7 lifters, stock rockers, and normal ole push rods.. And plan on 1200Rw.

-Tons- of people do this.

Stock rockers are much better than many reasonably priced rollers.
Trunnion and the stockers are fine. HP isn't necessarily the limiting factor anyway.
Old 06-12-2015, 08:57 AM
9 Second Club

Please let me know if you fail to understand anything I'm saying, and we can have a discussion and I will clarify things for you. From here on out, stay out of other people's threads. This is your one and only warning.

Show me where I accused a mod of deleting my threads and posts? I didn't. However on the same note you say you deleted a post of mine?

You guys.
Old 06-12-2015, 09:01 AM
TECH Senior Member

As suspected.. Stunningman is Potato.
Old 06-12-2015, 09:04 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Show me where I accused a mod of deleting my threads and posts? I didn't. However on the same note you say you deleted a post of mine?

You guys.
I did not delete your post, another moderator did because you posted a link to your sales ad in this thread a month after anyone else posted in here.

You accused us of deleting and hiding complaints.
Old 06-12-2015, 04:02 PM
KCS

Received 307 Likes on 207 Posts

NO DOUBT the crankshaft was bent from the go due to the EXTREME hard start. That made me spend a pile of money trying to find starters that would turn it fast enough and eventually going to 16 volt.
When I was a machinist, I built an engine that did the same thing your engine did. It didn't even make it off the dyno before it trashed the main bearings and completely obliterated the thrust.

The next day, the owner of the company I worked for, the owner of the shop that built the car, and the owner of the car confronted me with the pieces of thrust bearing that fell out of the pan when they drained the oil. Luckily, I had a witness when I set and measured the thrust.

We got the engine back, tore it down, and sure enough the mains were trashed and the thrust was completely MIA.

Name:  IMG_0480-1.jpg
Views: 308
Size:  39.1 KB

I put the crank up on the v-blocks and just like your crank, it was bent about .003". This was only discovered AFTER the damage had been done to the bearings. It did not go in that way though.

It was also discovered that the crankshaft had been forced forward by something in the clutch/trans that was not set up correctly. There were actually indentions in the back of the crank from the input shaft.

We had the crank repaired and reground. The shop that built the car addressed the driveline problem. The engine went back together, ran on the dyno, and made approximately 700whp and the little 2.2L turbo engine lived happily ever after.

It seems to me that YOU have a very similar driveline issue that you are either unaware of or unwilling to admit to. You've determined the crank was bent, but that doesn't prove the crank went in that way. Only that it came out that way, which as my experience had shown, could have been the result of driveline issues pushing the crank forward. I'd imagine the engine would be difficult to start with the crank pressed up against the thrust as well.

You've had your chance to document your experience and express your anger, and no one has deleted or edited any comments or posts except you. Moving forward, you can figure out what's wrong with your car or you can continue to be angry with TMS; either way you will not be allowed to continue to bash TMS and revive threads like this where a dispute was resolved. This is not special treatment, this goes for anyone who has an issue with a sponsor.

Consider this your final warning.
Old 06-12-2015, 07:41 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Here's the thing, when you put a motor together, it requires you to rotate the assembly by hand to install the cam, torque the rockers properly etc. If the crank was bent, and you had such a hard time getting a starter to turn it over, then you would have felt that when assembling the long block. The first thing I did when I got my shortblock on the engine stand was to put a bolt in the crank and turn it over by hand and it felt smooth as can be. Guess what, before I ever put the key in the ignition, after everything was in the car, guess what, I put a breaker bar on the crank bolt and once again spun it by hand and everything felt great. Granted, the compression made it a little harder, but it was still smooth. Obviously, you didn't do that, or if you did, it was fine.

I've said my peace, I'm done with this.
Old 06-12-2015, 09:39 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,459 Likes on 1,052 Posts

The Alchemist and KCS have covered this well. I stand behind what they have posted and I agree with it.

This issue is done, and I'm locking this one as well. Time to put this to bed and move on. No further new threads, or derailment/reviving of existing/old threads, on this will be tolerated.

-ADMIN.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Thompson Motorsports LS3 issue Resolved by TMS.