LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Kooks Bad Experience

Old 06-08-2015, 09:38 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Kooks Bad Experience

Original Thread
http://www.performancetrucks.net/for...issues-537681/

First off, I want to say my first Kooks experience was great. I purchased LT headers and catted x pipe for my G8 GXP in 2009. Everything worked out great and I loved the exhaust. Unfortunately, everything has gone wrong in my attempt to recapture that experience on my second time around.

17 March 15
I originally ordered a connection pipe specific to the 6.0L 1500 Classic series of GM trucks.
Kooks part number 28523200
Kooks 28523200 01-06 1500 V8 3" Catted Connection Pipes

Around 30 April 15
Kooks sends out the wrong parts. It takes Kooks approximately 44 days to send out parts and they are wrong.

Around 11 May 15
55 days after the order. I receive the second attempt from Kooks to supply the correct parts. Completely wrong. They sent out a completely different product. It was a Y pipe for another vehicle with no way of fitting. Had to wait till weekend to ship back.

Around 15 May 15
Kooks “rushes” out another order. This time it is the correct pipe. However, the QC is not there. MAJOR fitment issues. Flange is not clocked correctly nor positioned correctly. Missing bolts from the kit. This was a major hack job. Whoever allowed this to ship has zero pride in their job and should be ashamed. I was able to take time out of my schedule and bend the two pipes together enough and reangle it. However the flange was so far off I had to redrill separate holes just to get it to work.

08 June 15
My second attempt to resolve this issue with Matt a sales manager with Kooks. Still haven’t heard anything definitive back as far as actually getting a RMA number. Or return instructions.
Kooks says I will have to pay for a new flange. But what is stupid is that they would have to cut it off and reweld anyways. They aren’t out of anything as far as a flange and I already bent the pipe for them due to being so slow at resolving this issue. Wow nice. I had to redrill the flange to get it to work because it took just 67 days to get this far, wrong product three times, and I had to use my truck.

If I knew ahead of time I wouldn’t have done business with them. Don’t get my wrong. They forced me to install it by waiting me out so long and needing to use my truck. It is stupid to go through all of this when they messed up 3 times and on the third time made no attempt at quality control before sending out the door.

You might want to consider another brand if you are buying headers in the future.

Before bending pipe.

After bending pipe.
Old 10-30-2015, 09:17 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Matt Neal at Kooks dropped the ball several times on this and I give up getting any help from Kooks. Issue was never resolved. Basically their kit doesn't fit and since it is such a low volume model it isn't profitable enough for them to fix the issues.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Kooks Bad Experience