LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Granatelli Wires Are Not Warrantied for Life

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2015, 01:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Granatelli
*Lecture by Granatelli...*

the pry marks at 11 and 1 really trouble me. It makes the picture highly suspect - sorry

Either way we agree to replace the one wire as a show of good faith - that is if he still wants it
I'm not going through to dissect your essay, but I assure you I did read it. I can understand how a business (small or large) would only be responsible for the failure of items within their control (ring gap, improper clearances, etc). Furthermore, I can appreciate it. I hate that McDonalds was considered responsible for a lid failure on a cup of coffee... not like they made the lid, why should they be responsible? Let me throw out a couple items that really stuck out to me:

1. Pry marks? Really? Tell yourself what you want, I didn't put a screw driver on it until it had to come off the plug.

2. #8 is relatively easy for me now, since I have coil relocation brackets, no EGR, no AIR and race style longtubes. I can touch the plug from below or above. It's not easy, but I can get my hand on the boots. Matter of fact, I've got it to where I can put a torque wrench on that plug. How many guys can say that about their F-body?

3. 99% failure on the #8? Again, no MSD failures. And when I install MSDs, I put them on the #8 cylinder just like the others. And I pull at the boot like all the others.

4. I will accept your show of "good faith", PM sent with address. But rest assured, you will not have this warranty issue with me, nor anyone I talk to wires about, again.
Old 01-01-2016, 05:55 AM
On The Tree

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Granatelli warranty on the wires.

The GRANATELLI policy has been the same and never changed. Granatelli Performance Ignition wires are warranted to be free from defects in materials and workmanship FOR LIFE.

This warranty applies only to the original purchaser and only as originally installed on the vehicle. If failure should occur, defective product in question must be shipped back prepaid to the address listed on the box. Replacement or refund is at the discretion of GMS and is limited to the replacement of the defect part only. Consequential charges (such as labor) or damage will not be considered.

So that means we don't cover installation error and removal errors. We don’t cover wires that melt because they were touching the exh manifolds or headers. It’s a common sense thing.

WE DO COVER A BAD CRIMP - that would be on the manufacturer - We all agree.

Now we are told "the pry marks on the crimp happened AFTER the customer already broke the wire". So he had to use pliers to get it off. That means the crimp held up and stayed on the plug as designed.

By Granatelli design, The terminal is integral to the boot. They become one in the same once crimped.

LIFETIME by anyone's standard cant mean "regardless of care"

Last edited by Granatelli; 01-04-2016 at 03:10 PM.
Old 01-01-2016, 08:34 AM
That's MISTER MODERATOR

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

OK folks, let’s take this down a bit.

Themealonwheels, you’ve stated your case, made everybody aware of the situation and in the end you’ll be receiving a replacement plug wire.

Granatelli, you’ve explained in detail what the old and new warranties are and under what condition you will or will not cover a broken wire.

Everybody else, make your own decision what is best for you and be aware what manufacturers cover under warranty and why.
Old 01-02-2016, 10:12 AM
On The Tree

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul Bell
OK folks, let’s take this down a bit.

Themealonwheels, you’ve stated your case, made everybody aware of the situation and in the end you’ll be receiving a replacement plug wire.

Granatelli, you’ve explained in detail what the old and new warranties are and under what condition you will or will not cover a broken wire.

Everybody else, make your own decision what is best for you and be aware what manufacturers cover under warranty and why.
Respectfully - There is no NEW warranty because nothing changed. Its the same warranty its always been. If it is breaks we fix it. If you break it - you fix it

THIS IS JOE GRANATELLI THE OWNER - PLEASE EXCUSE MY STAFF. THEY ARE JUST TRYING TO SET THE RECORD STRAIGHT AND ITS GETTING HOSTILE. WE JUST WANT HAPPY CUSTOEMRS. NO STRESS. I HOPE WE WERE ABLE TO MAKE THE CUSTOMER HAPPY. TO BE CLEAR THESE ARE STILL THE HIGHEST PERFORMING IGNITION CABLES ON THE MARKET

MY GUYS SHOULD HAVE JUST HELPED NOT BANTER BACK AND FORTH - I HAVE ADDRESSED THE ISSUE

Last edited by Granatelli; 01-04-2016 at 03:13 PM.
Old 01-02-2016, 11:41 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,468 Likes on 1,059 Posts

Time to put an end to this one. It seems that the situation is resolved as a new wire has been offered by the vendor. All of the facts are here for review, but the continued 3rd party comments (had to again prune) are just not necessary.

Thanks,
-Admin.

Quick Reply: Granatelli Wires Are Not Warrantied for Life