LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Midwest Chassis-Bad Experience So Far

Old 05-03-2016, 07:58 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Midwest Chassis-Bad Experience So Far

I am not one to complain and very easy to get along with but, at this point in time, I feel as if I need to let everyone know of my not so good experience with Midwest Chassis as of today.

I ordered a full Viking drag coil over kit for my 2000 SS from Midwest Chassis. First off, when i called and ordered, I asked them to email me a receipt of the order. I never received an email.

I travel for work and when I got home, I started going through the boxes i received. One box was drop shipped from viking with all the coils and shocks. The second box was shipped directly from Midwest. I opened the box from Viking and all the coils and shocks were in it. I open the box from Midwest and there were 6 clevis brackets in it. I start thinking to myself that there should be 8 brackets instead of 6. So i tried to call Midwest multiple times last Friday with no answer. I thought, ok, its Friday afternoon so maybe they are gone. I send an email to them for instructions on how to install the kit. I get an email back saying there is no instructions and that it is a basic install.

Ok, since it is just a basic install, let me throw this at you, anyone reading this.

I receive 150# coils, 300# coils, 2 C211 shocks, & 2 C213 shocks. I received 3 different brackets in the box from Midwest. Four of the brackets are exactly the same but, 2 of them have a thick spacer washer.

Giving you the information above, could anyone tell me which shocks go on the front, which shocks go on the rear, and which brackets go where? Yet, it is a basic install. In my opinion, I bet it is a basic installation but, I need to know where the mentioned before parts go on the car.

So I dig in deeper about the 6 clevis brackets and not 8. I start looking at the brackets and figured out which brackets went on the lower rear but, it was still not clear which brackets went on the top rear. (the ones with the spacer or without the spacer) So, I start looking at the front, and see that I've can place 2 of the 6 brackets up front, this leave 2 brackets left. 2 more of the brackets need to go on the upper rear, so this leave 0 brackets left. Ok, now I am really confused since all 4 shocks I received are built to be bolted to clevis brackets. By the way, I didn't receive any other emails until I called on Monday morning before I had to travel out again for work. So basically, the weekend was wasted waiting on an answer from Midwest.

So Monday morning rolls around and I called Midwest. I just have to say, it was not my lucky day. I get to talk to the most rude, unprofessional person i could possibly talk to. I start asking questions about the brackets and the person is confused. He puts me on hold, which I am assuming he has to go ask someone, then comes back and tells me that there was supposed to be t-bar brackets for the front lower shocks. (I did not receive the brackets.) Ok, so he tells me they will sent them to me. No problem, understandable, mistakes happen.

So, I start asking about which bracket needs to go on the front upper and how to install it. So the guy puts me on hold and again, assuming he has to go ask someone. He comes back to me and tells me that the one with the spacer goes on the upper front. Ok, so I am in my garage looking at the upper control arm trying to figure out how this thing mounts to it. So he goes on to explain and tells me it needs to go in the hole in the control arm. Ok, the hole in the control arm, which of the 6 holes in the control arm. He puts me on hold again, and again assuming he has to ask someone. He comes back and tells me I need to remove the middle rubber boot in the center control arm and install it in there. So i do this and email him a picture of it. I get a call back from him telling me that i have it installed correctly on the control arm. Now, I ask, since the center rubber boot has 2 studs and 2 nuts in it for installing the upper control arm to the car, I ask how I need to install this back to the car. I again am put on hold. He comes back to me and tells me I need to supply my own hardware. I am like WTF. I was told this is a direct bolt in when I ordered it. So, basically I went on a rant with this guy about the lack of customer service I am receiving and at the minimum, pictures and information should be provided with parts. He goes on to tell me that the viking shocks are drop shipped and they have no control over the information provided. I go on to tell this guy, I purchased it from him, Midwest Chassis, my money went to Midwest Chassis not Viking, I should receive the information from Midwest Chassis. He does not understand what I am saying and continues to tell me the viking shocks are drop shipped and they cant control the information given. So again, I try to explain to him that I purchased the product from him, not viking and I should at least receive information on the product I purchase and at a minimum, an installation guide. Nothing, the guy just wouldn't get it.

So we go on and he tells me I need to use the stock bolts and nuts from the upper control arm and install them in the holes that are closer together, (closer to the center of the car). So, this makes no sense to me either being an engineer myself. I am removing 4 securing securing bolts/nuts with studs from the upper control arm and when reinstalling, I only go back with 2???? This makes no sense. So the guy tells me this is what I need to do. So i go on to explain how this is a drag car and that being an engineer myself, this makes no sense. So he goes on to insult me by telling me that he speaks to engineers all the time that dont understand how to install their products.

Again, WTF. Did this guy just say that!!

So, I basically give up and get off the phone with him.

I send an email to the one on their website asking for them to confirm they have sent the t-bar brackets with a tracking number. I get an email back telling me to stay in contact with this same person (dont want to give the name right now). So, I reply with (I would prefer to talk to someone else other than MWPERSON. I found his customer service skills to be poor and I am not comfortable speaking with him.
Please have someone else other than MWPERSON to contact me and I can explain everything that is going on.)

As of today, I have not received one email return from Midwest nor a voicemail/call trying to fix the relationship with me nor any information on the shipment of the t-bars.

Also, just to note, i have sent a message directly to Eric SSVert here on LS1Tech on my experience with Midwest requesting him to contact me and to help repair this relationship. I am also requesting the tracking information to verify I will be receiving the t-bar brackets.

I would also like to talk to him more about the installation and help build an install instruction, since there isn't any, so they can use it in the future. I am not giving up on Midwest, I just don't trust the guy I talk to on the phone. When messaging prior with Eric about the kit, he answered all my questions and was very patient with me.

I look forward to hearing from Eric on this issue. I have left my cell phone number in the message & emails i have sent. I am onsite working so, if you get a voicemail, please leave me a message with a return phone number and I will call you back. I will be back home Friday and hopefully we can work this out.

Look forward to hearing from you.
Old 05-06-2016, 05:34 AM
11 Second Club

To give an update, it has been almost 4 days and nobody from Midwest Chassis has contacted me about the T-bar tracking information nor the questions I have concerning the installation.

I sent an email early this morning requesting Eric to contact me and to possibly discuss returning the entire kit with a full refund due to the lack of communication and customer service.
Old 05-06-2016, 11:16 AM
Banned

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Eric and the guys have always taken great care of me. I know once Eric is aware of the situation he will get you taken care of.

Aaron @ Thompson Motorsports
Old 05-12-2016, 09:41 AM
11 Second Club

Just to give an update.

I received the t-bar brackets yesterday but, I haven't had time to start the installation.

I did receive a message from Eric explaining the installation and I could tell he knew what he was talking about.

I will keep everyone updated on the install.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Midwest Chassis-Bad Experience So Far