LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

my opinion of midwest chassis and my purchase

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2017, 06:44 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 157 Likes on 128 Posts

Default my opinion of midwest chassis and my purchase

a few bugs but all in all very satisfied. I got a fab 9 with 4 corner viking coilers and full rear suspension with heim joints. its a lengthy review but if you want honesty take the time to read. This is not a product review, simply MWC as a company related. Product review will be posted in gears/axles later.

1) Was quoted 3-4 weeks delivery when ordered first or second week of november. I believe i got it second or third week of december. This is nothing new but worth mentioning since this is an honest review. other threads MWC commented saying they only have one person assembling, and ship time would be much faster if you didn't want them to assemble.

2) ordered the rear with 4 channel options. Thought i was safe cause for the first few times i took it up to 80 i had no warning lights, but that was short lived. like many others i have ASR OFF and ABS INOP. BRAKE light is not on. had this same problem on my other z/28 with an s60. will get another set of sensors to try and swap in like everyone else, but I'm pretty sure i know what the result will be. Seems like only gm can successfully build a 4 channel rear that works, since pretty much every other rear out there has these issues besides a few lucky guys.

3)due to miscommunication on both sides, received a short torque arm instead of a long torque arm. MWC and i were able to make arrangements to get the proper arm, and i personally feel like they handled the situation correctly.

4)Made multiple calls regarding ordered status, and quite a few tech calls, and always seemed liked they wanted to listen and solve my concerns. (maybe they are good actors idk)

5) have moderate gear whine that gets drowned out at highway speeds, despite following MWC break in and gear oil recommendations

all in all, i would order from them in the future without hesitation. By far the worst part is the abs. really wish i could have that functioning due to it being a street car and have to pass inspection. i knew the wait will be long due to what others have said so already prepared for that, but a little more honesty about rear ship date up front would be nice. The product sells itself tho. Great fabrication work, and really bolted up great. alignment shop complimented it when i had it aligned. thanks again MWC. if i decide to ruin my stock look and get a cage you will be my first call.
The following users liked this post:
kyphur (06-01-2021)

Quick Reply: my opinion of midwest chassis and my purchase