LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Racetronix refusal to warranty bad pump.

Old 05-01-2017, 06:24 PM
Teching In

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Racetronix refusal to warranty bad pump.

Well i ordered a hotwire kit and a fuel pump for my 02 ws6, first the hotwire kit came with no instructions so i contaced texas speed who referred me to the racetronix tech forum. Never could get instructions and i was told to search their forums or google it. Well a couple weeks later i installed everything and immediately had problems getting the pump to prime so i again got on their forums and was ultimately banned because i was (non-cooperative) even tho i did everything they asked me to do. This afternoon i reinstalled my factory pump and the car starts immediately without having to prime it 3 or 4 times, i tested and tested over and over again the fuel pressure, the regulator, the flex hose and everything else like they asked. I was told that i would have to purchase another pump for 150 bucks and send them the old one back and they would determine if it qualified for a refund. This guy was a total a$$, i have screenshots of everything he and i posted before he had a chance to delete my comments and ban me. I know the options are limited but i recommend no one buy from them ever. If the product ends up being defective you wont get a refund unless you purchase another pump and wait. I will be refuting the charges and contacting the BBB. I do not intend harm on them in any way i just want to warn others so thrry dont get burned like me. IMO this forum should not allow them to be a sponsor, it takes 5 minutes of searching to find that their customer service is abysmal.
Old 05-02-2017, 04:54 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by BamaWS6
Well i ordered a hotwire kit and a fuel pump for my 02 ws6, first the hotwire kit came with no instructions so i contaced texas speed who referred me to the racetronix tech forum. Never could get instructions and i was told to search their forums or google it. Well a couple weeks later i installed everything and immediately had problems getting the pump to prime so i again got on their forums and was ultimately banned because i was (non-cooperative) even tho i did everything they asked me to do. This afternoon i reinstalled my factory pump and the car starts immediately without having to prime it 3 or 4 times, i tested and tested over and over again the fuel pressure, the regulator, the flex hose and everything else like they asked. I was told that i would have to purchase another pump for 150 bucks and send them the old one back and they would determine if it qualified for a refund. This guy was a total a$$, i have screenshots of everything he and i posted before he had a chance to delete my comments and ban me. I know the options are limited but i recommend no one buy from them ever. If the product ends up being defective you wont get a refund unless you purchase another pump and wait. I will be refuting the charges and contacting the BBB. I do not intend harm on them in any way i just want to warn others so thrry dont get burned like me. IMO this forum should not allow them to be a sponsor, it takes 5 minutes of searching to find that their customer service is abysmal.

Instructions are packed with EVERY FPA-001 pump assembly!

Assuming this was check-valve related we provided a link with pictures on how to easily service the check-valve which would save downtime and wasted hardware. A fuel tube and clamps would have been sent at no charge.

We offered to issue a RGA and refund the purchase of a new pump assembly pending return and inspection of the old pump. This did not meet with your approval.

You chose to rant on our forum and make threats because we did not agree to your demands.

You may call Texas Speed and arrange for a RGA through them. Perhaps their policy allows them to ship you a new pump without a deposit or a return.

Manufacturer / Distributor of Automotive Fuel Systems, Components & Electronics

Please support a Racetronix dealer near you for personalized service.

>WEB SITE<
Old 05-02-2017, 05:44 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Racetronix
Instructions are packed with EVERY FPA-001 pump assembly!

Assuming this was check-valve related we provided a link with pictures on how to easily service the check-valve which would save downtime and wasted hardware. A fuel tube and clamps would have been sent at no charge.

We offered to issue a RGA and refund the purchase of a new pump assembly pending return and inspection of the old pump. This did not meet with your approval.

You chose to rant on our forum and make threats because we did not agree to your demands.

You may call Texas Speed and arrange for a RGA through them. Perhaps their policy allows them to ship you a new pump without a deposit or a return.

Buddy u just proved you have comprehension problems i said the hotwire kit didnt come with instructions. I didnt threaten you, i have screenshots of every single comment back and forth before you blocked me from your forum. Your service is horrible and u refuse to warranty your faulty part. You flat out told me that your refund would depend on your inspection of the pump and after the amount of difficulty i had with you on the forum i felt that no matter the results you would still refuse to warranty the part. Im not about to risk my hard earned money any further dealing with a shotty company and send you another $150 bucks. That would be stupid of me. I performed every test you asked and dropped the tank several times while me and 2 other master technicians confirmed over and over for you. If u choose not to do the right thing i will copy this thread to every forum i can find. Thats not a threat its a promise because you have now pissed me off, go ahead and try to refute my story. I have proof and several witnesses. I could go on and on but im so furious at this point im just gonna drink a beer and chill. Thanks for ruining my experience with racetronix and texas speed!
The following users liked this post:
mk3cn4 (02-14-2022)
Old 05-02-2017, 05:49 PM
Teching In

All you gotta do is send me a check valve, tube and clamps and i will let it go.
Old 05-02-2017, 06:10 PM
Teching In

And i guess you think its ok to keep demanding that i drop the tank AGAIN AND AGAIN to confirm what was already properly diagnosed. These cars arent the easiest to pull the tank out of, the part that ticks me off is the fact that i did diagnose the problem correctly the very first time. Today i got sick of it and cut a trap door so i could get this sorted out without major headaches. I removed your pump and reinstalled my old pump with new clamps and guess what it starts immediately. YOUR PUMP IS A DUD!!!
Old 05-02-2017, 06:10 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

The option for direct warranty replacement was provided and you deemed it not acceptable to you.

You will have to deal through your vendor Texas Speed for warranty.

Manufacturer / Distributor of Automotive Fuel Systems, Components & Electronics

Please support a Racetronix dealer near you for personalized service.

>WEB SITE<
Old 05-02-2017, 06:13 PM
Teching In

Thats a damn lie, you wanted me to order another pump first. That isnt acceptable for any customer. I cannot believe that any company operates that way.
Old 05-02-2017, 06:16 PM
Teching In

Now because of your bs i have to order another set of filter socks, hardware, an inline check valve, fuel tube and clamps. I daily drive my car and you have **** all over me. I dont want your pump anymore, i will deal with a company that wont screw me.
Old 05-02-2017, 06:28 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Racetronix
The option for direct warranty replacement was provided and you deemed it not acceptable to you.

You will have to deal through your vendor Texas Speed for warranty.
I am currently dealing with texas speed on this issue and i believe they will do whats right. I am trying to get a different pump from them without your name on it, i dont even want people knowing i have your junk in my car!
Old 05-02-2017, 08:07 PM
Teching In

They dont advertise phone number or address..... that alone says enough.
Old 05-02-2017, 08:27 PM
Teching In

I think im gonna get the aeromotive 340 from texas speed, im sure their products and customer service are better.
Old 05-03-2017, 10:28 AM
Teching In

Texas speed is awesome they are sending me an aeromotive 340 and swapping it for the junk racetronix pump. Thats how customer service should be! Dominic is the man.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Racetronix refusal to warranty bad pump.