LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Do Vendors (BTR) Have Too Much Business?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2017, 09:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Location: Ottawa Ontario, Canada - where arguing "DA" is for the slow and weak...
Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

Default Do Vendors (BTR) Have Too Much Business?

Twice I called BTR asking for help ordering a set of 11/32" pushrods - two weeks between calls. Both times it was "we'll call Trend and get back to you". No follow-up. I had to go straight to Trend to order the parts, which cost me more both for the parts and shipping. It took 20mins for me to complete my order with Trend - including them fielding all of my tech questions while I was juggling my 2 year old's demands.

I get that this is a "busy time of year" - but these are made to order parts. So, beyond potential lead time there should be no good not reason to respond to the customer in a timely fashion with a price.

I am beyond disappointed. Going direct to the manufacturer to get decent service seems to be more and more common in my experience.
Old 02-18-2017, 12:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Location: Ottawa Ontario, Canada - where arguing "DA" is for the slow and weak...

Apologies to the mods, wrong forum.

Cheers!
Old 02-20-2017, 10:55 PM
The Scammer Hammer

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

No apologies needed. I know Brian and Company were moving to a new "brick and mortar" so maybe that's where the issues came from, or at least I hope. Brian HIMSELF has always called me back any time I've ever needed. I hate to be like this, but I'm thinking this was a one-off.
Old 04-28-2017, 08:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

I am going to close this out by saying that I never heard a single word back from BTR.

Trend was outstanding to deal with - with respect to tech advice and customer service, shipping and handling, and the quality of the product.
Old 04-28-2017, 08:52 AM
FormerVendor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by mOtOrHeAd MiKe
I am going to close this out by saying that I never heard a single word back from BTR.

Trend was outstanding to deal with - with respect to tech advice and customer service, shipping and handling, and the quality of the product.
Hello Mike,
I was just made aware of this situation today. I'm sorry for the lack of follow up from my staff, this certainly isn't the way we normally do business. I'd like to send you a PM for more details.
Thanks,
Brian

Quick Reply: Do Vendors (BTR) Have Too Much Business?