Maryland Speed=poor customer service - LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion



LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Maryland Speed=poor customer service

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-01-2017, 07:15 PM   #1
TECH Apprentice
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
rkupon1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 335
Default Maryland Speed=poor customer service

Guys, steer way clear of this half arsed company. Placed an order on 8-17-17. Still nothing n no tracking numbers as i was promised itd ship this week. How do people like this stay in business? Im upset enough to not even want anything they sell...just my money back
rkupon1 is offline  
Old 09-01-2017, 09:20 PM   #2
Truck Premium Sponsor
iTrader: (11)
 
MarylandSpeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 756
Default

I don't know who you are, but if you pm me I would glad to help you. We were short staffed most of the last month because a close relative who worked with us became ill and passed. Most of our staff has been at services that week. I have had this business for 15 years and have done the best I can to make sure us being a small, family run business never impacted our customers. This time hit us more than I could have expected. I am sorry for any inconvenience it caused. We tried to put notices on all the customer service emails.

Last edited by MarylandSpeed; 09-01-2017 at 09:40 PM.
MarylandSpeed is offline  
Old 09-02-2017, 09:53 AM   #3
TECH Apprentice
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
rkupon1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 335
Default

Why bother pming you??? I ve emailed a couple times=run around. If you got time to get on this forum n respond, than you ve got time to respond to my emails as im a PAID IN FULL customer. I asked you initially to be made aware of any back orders or other reasons why my order hasnt shipped. My car is takn up valuable space n time as i sit here n patiently wait some kind response.

The fact that you dont know who i am is hilarious! How many people could have placed an order for a cts v on the 17th??? Furthermore, how many of us did not have our parts shipped in last 2wks??? Not looking good for ya there bud

Last edited by rkupon1; 09-02-2017 at 10:00 AM.
rkupon1 is offline  
Old 09-02-2017, 09:56 AM   #4
TECH Apprentice
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
rkupon1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 335
Default

Sorry for your losses, and i mean that. But i orderd my parts on the 17th. No excuses anymore. If they back orderd or you simply have no clue whats going on, than tell me the truth, n i ll make a decision. At this point, id prolly just prefer my $$$ back so i can shop elsewhere. Thanks in advance
rkupon1 is offline  
Old 09-09-2017, 08:08 AM   #5
TECH Apprentice
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
rkupon1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 335
Default Maryland Speed=Rip off/Scam alert

Its now Sept 9th. I ve asked for a refund several times via email and phone conversations with Brandon F of Maryland Speed. After pointless argueing and useless banter, he finally agreed to refund me my money. Still no refund, no communications, and no evidence of a refund being processed in my favor. Guys, am I asking a lot here? He was paid in full on the 17th. I have every email showing the entire conversation leading up to this point. I'm now in talks with both my CC company and Paypal resolution/dispute department. It appears this could take up to 90 days to resolve. Meanwhile this clown gets to continue to do business on here and with Paypal. That's not right. Had I seen threads like this or mine, I would have steered clear. Unfortunately they get locked or deleted, and buried in the sections where they could be beneficial to future potential buyers. I feel like this vender is protected because he pays to be on here. I also feel like alittle help/response/acknowledgement from the moderator would have been nice too.
rkupon1 is offline  
Old 09-09-2017, 11:31 AM   #6
LS1Tech Administrator
iTrader: (3)
 
RPM WS6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Lincolnwood, IL Member: #317
Posts: 23,036
Default

Multiple threads on this are not welcome, one thread is enough and it has been merged with the original thread and edited down to only the pertinent information. As per section rules, please do not post additional threads and please do not reply to threads that belong to other members. Threads in this section are to remain between the vendor and involved party, no bandwangoning is allowed. All posts regarding your issue need to be contained within this feedback thread. Please be sure to follow all section rules going forward.


Thanks,
-Admin.
RPM WS6 is offline  
Old 09-09-2017, 02:31 PM   #7
TECH Apprentice
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
rkupon1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 335
Default

Gotchya. Problem solved, paypal n credit card company are on it. I ll just accept it and await up to 90days for my money back.

I wonder how many more dissatisfied customers/members it will take before CHANGE?
rkupon1 is offline  
Old 09-12-2017, 06:29 AM   #8
TECH Apprentice
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
rkupon1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 335
Default

*UPDATE*
As of today, still no refund
Attached Thumbnails
Maryland Speed=poor customer service-screenshot_20170911-104937.png  
rkupon1 is offline  
Old 09-12-2017, 08:13 AM   #9
Truck Premium Sponsor
iTrader: (11)
 
MarylandSpeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 756
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkupon1 View Post
*UPDATE*
As of today, still no refund
You do not have a refund because Saturday Morning (3 days after you canceled and an hour after you asked me to "look into it") you opened up a PayPal dispute which can take 10 days to resolve. I tried to call you Saturday to resolve this and you refused to take my call. You posted above you don't care how long it takes to fix through your bank and PayPal and it is in their hands. Now a day later you are blowing me up because you still don't have a refund? If you did not dispute stuff this would be settled by now.
MarylandSpeed is offline  
Old 09-12-2017, 08:59 AM   #10
TECH Apprentice
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
rkupon1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 335
Default

Yea yea yea....issue my refund n your paypal/cc disputes go away. You let it get to this point. I asked early on to be made aware of back orders and the ETA of my order. I pateintly awsited weeks. I was told next week itd ship. Than i started politely asking for a refund prior to sept. 6th. Once i saw more bs, lies, n no proof you d do anything you said, including my refund. Than it got ugly. Havnt you heard, the customer is always right? Good luck staying in business pal. I own n operate a small n successful business too. Hell, i ve been wrong, i ve made mistakes, i ve owned em all and made it right. Lawsuit/dispute free for 6yrs+ now. Google my company name, you ll see. We both know what happens when we google yours. I refuse to answer your calls bcuz you like to argue n bribe people with deals n further discou ts. I no longer wished to discuss anything other than my refund. Thank you again for making this easy and doing the right thing here. 700+ views as of this morning and counting. Keep the excuses coming. I ve got every email n text from you still.
rkupon1 is offline  
Old 09-14-2017, 05:14 AM   #11
TECH Apprentice
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
rkupon1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 335
Default

Well, im not trying to ruin this guys business, but he s leaving me no choice. He REFUSES to issue a refund on pure spite alone! I have the text messages to prove it. He s aware he has 45 days to "respond" to the dispute. So even tho he knows he ll lose and i ll be returned my hard earned money. But he doesn t give a damn bcuz thats 45+ days i wont have MY money. I ve missed out on labor day sales and other vendors who had my parts in stock. So now its just a game to Brandon F. at this point. He s perfectly ok with that. Says he sleeps just fine at night. So be aware people! Basically your at his mercy the moment you pay for these parts that arent really available. I asked early on to be made aware of any back orders or ETA. He simply out right LIES to you. I told him to refund my money n all paypal/cc disputes will be closed. He could care less outta spite. I tried contacting the BBB, but he already has an F rating. Im making people aware of this on other forums as we speak. It ll take some time, but until I get my money back, its JUSTIFIED! What I DONT understand is how he can still do business via paypal n forums with so many strikes against him in such a short time period. Itd be nice if they suspended his abilities until issues are addressed/resolved! Forcing him to man up n handle it sooner. Remember guys, all i wanted was parts or a refund since aug 17th. I have niether. 800 views and climbing!!!!!

If i thought ANYONE here did NOT believe me, i d post up all proof, emails and texts. But it ll jus eat up valuable time and server space.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandSpeed View Post
You do not have a refund because Saturday Morning (3 days after you canceled and an hour after you asked me to "look into it") you opened up a PayPal dispute which can take 10 days to resolve. I tried to call you Saturday to resolve this and you refused to take my call. You posted above you don't care how long it takes to fix through your bank and PayPal and it is in their hands. Now a day later you are blowing me up because you still don't have a refund? If you did not dispute stuff this would be settled by now.
Stop lying...i ve asked for proof several times my refund was even initiated within the time frame you had promised in that email. You refused to show anything. So i had no choice but to go that route. You continously LIE, issue the damn refund and this ongoing thread will simmer down. As will the paypal n cc disputes. They ll be immediately closed! Answering any of your calls would have led to more argueing. Period.

"You ll get a refund thru paypal in the next day or two. We send it to our accountant. Thanks"

Remember this lie? I mean email? Among several others leading up to it. Who could believe anything you say or do?

Paypal-awaiting SELLERS RESPONSE currently. Does this seem like a vendor who is trying to make it right n get this done with? Or a spiteful man who is gunna milk it out for as long as possible to prevent me from getting my hard earned money back? It certainly does NOT appear it s "OUT OF YOUR HANDS" now does it
Attached Thumbnails
Maryland Speed=poor customer service-screenshot_20170914-064216.png  
rkupon1 is offline  
Old 09-14-2017, 06:33 AM   #12
TECH Apprentice
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
rkupon1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 335
Default

Low n behold, we have some movement on his end. Not sure if its a refund or not, but he s responded to paypal at least. Unfortunately, the benefit of doubt is long gone out the window, but i will update accordingly.
Attached Thumbnails
Maryland Speed=poor customer service-screenshot_20170914-072444.png  
rkupon1 is offline  
Old 09-14-2017, 01:20 PM   #13
LS1Tech Administrator
iTrader: (3)
 
RPM WS6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Lincolnwood, IL Member: #317
Posts: 23,036
Default

Some of your posts have been merged. Posting separate replies every 15-20 minutes without any new updates or open conversation between parties just appears to be excessive thread bumping. The agenda here should be to get this issue resolved, not increase thread activity.

Also, there have been two other members who have not taken the section rules seriously and have made unwelcome comments in this thread (now deleted.) No further reminders will be given to such members, infractions will be issued for further violations of section rules.

-Admin.
RPM WS6 is offline  
Old 09-14-2017, 03:24 PM   #14
TECH Apprentice
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
rkupon1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 335
Default

^^^The other members comments are on them, not me. Me posting every 15-20min is perfectly relevant as I started to communicate with him as a direct result of these UPDATES. You gotta understand something, I'm the victim here. Not him. He s very dishonest and is NOT trying in good faith to resolve this issue. And in doing so, its plenty pertinent to see how he reacts and in what time frame. Please allow this thread to be real time. I have another pic to post showing a screenshot from him Finaly proving my original thoughts that not a SINGLE action for a refund was made on his end til this morning. That's a fact. If your gunna over referee my thread n show Bias, than have at it. Butcher it up, make him out to be an ok guy who "is trying his best". The chronological order here is very important as it exposes more n more dishonesty and spite on his end. Again, I truly wish you were more on my side here. Id love to see how you d react if your hard earned $$$ was taken from you!?!? It should not be considered excessive thread bumping if actions like these are happening live time! I can see the way this thread is going n I'm sure it ll get deleted or locked. What can I really do here? Others deserve to know EXACTLY what is happening, how it has happened, and when! If its untrue, let him rebuttle it and prove me wrong! If theres increased thread activity, its because of his actions plain n simple.
rkupon1 is offline  
Old 09-14-2017, 03:26 PM   #15
TECH Apprentice
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
rkupon1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 335
Default

The rules have been clearly stated, id prefer you not clutter this thread up re itierating them towards other members I have no control over. That's on them and is their problem. Any other comments just distract from my thread...
rkupon1 is offline  
Old 09-14-2017, 04:16 PM   #16
Truck Premium Sponsor
iTrader: (11)
 
MarylandSpeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 756
Default

No, the problem is, you are impulsive and unreasonable.

In this case, your order was 2 weeks old at the time of cancelation. It was for Gen I CTS-V sway bars, and Hawk HP Plus pads. Both of our suppliers were out of both parts because they are slow sellers, and we manufacturer ordered them. We gave you the best eta we could at the time of purchase.

You asked for an update via Friday 9/1 at 8:10 while most of our staff was out of town due to the passing of a family member/employee. Because no one immediately replied, you firebombed us on the forums an hour or two later (again on Friday night) with the post you linked to above.

We talked Tuesday, and went round and round. You called me "Bro" every other sentence. You admitted that even Summit did not have the brake pads. At the end of the day, we agreed that it would be canceled if it did not ship Tuesday. It did not, so I canceled the order. You sent an email apologizing for the attitude.

Now with the refund, since you paid with paypal, we have two ways to refund. The fastest way is catch money in the account, and refund it directly. Because it autosweeps twice a day, this can take a few days to catch it with the right amount. However when we do, the customer gets the money immediately. The other way is to send an echeck which can take a week. I was hoping to avoid this to get you a refund faster.

So then Saturday morning you emailed us saying you had not received a and would look into it. NOW KEEP IN MIND, ORDER WAS CANCELED THREE DAYS AGO. You proceeded to then immediately open a paypal dispute, which actually further delays the refund process. Then you come on here firebombing us again. I tried to call you within two hours of your initial contact, and you would not call me.

I texted you, and asked to call so we could resolve this privately. You still refused to call. You said "I'll wait 90 days now if I have to" (referring to Paypal). He also posted that above in this thread.

Then Monday you start text messaging at 7:30 AM asking where your refund is threatening to escalate bashing us in public more. That again ended in you would wait for paypal and their process.

All the while calling me a their for going through a process you initiated.

Then today you wake me up with text messages at 6AM threatening me more until I sent you a screenshot showing the refund.

The reality here, is there is no rip off or scam. You ordered parts that were not even in stock at some of the largest suppliers out there. You decided two weeks was too long, so we canceled. The standard for refunds is a week, and you went ballistic after 3 days. The moderators lock/delete threads because members should not use the forums to extort vendors or hurt their business because they won't bend to irrational requests. No one ripped you off. I did not have any of your funds from the time you filed the paypal dispute they were on hold. You would have had your refund Saturday if you had let me process it before opening the dispute.


Quote:
Originally Posted by rkupon1 View Post
^^^The other members comments are on them, not me. Me posting every 15-20min is perfectly relevant as I started to communicate with him as a direct result of these UPDATES. You gotta understand something, I'm the victim here. Not him. He s very dishonest and is NOT trying in good faith to resolve this issue. And in doing so, its plenty pertinent to see how he reacts and in what time frame. Please allow this thread to be real time. I have another pic to post showing a screenshot from him Finaly proving my original thoughts that not a SINGLE action for a refund was made on his end til this morning. That's a fact. If your gunna over referee my thread n show Bias, than have at it. Butcher it up, make him out to be an ok guy who "is trying his best". The chronological order here is very important as it exposes more n more dishonesty and spite on his end. Again, I truly wish you were more on my side here. Id love to see how you d react if your hard earned $$$ was taken from you!?!? It should not be considered excessive thread bumping if actions like these are happening live time! I can see the way this thread is going n I'm sure it ll get deleted or locked. What can I really do here? Others deserve to know EXACTLY what is happening, how it has happened, and when! If its untrue, let him rebuttle it and prove me wrong! If theres increased thread activity, its because of his actions plain n simple.
MarylandSpeed is offline  
Old 09-14-2017, 04:46 PM   #17
TECH Apprentice
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
rkupon1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 335
Default

You are an absolute LIAR, and your time frame is off. Stop talkn n start posting up some actual proof! I have all emails n texts. This thread is gunna get me banned as you are heavily favored n protected. How many dam times did i ask for a refund? Answer the question, dont avoid it. And aftr you screenshotted your paypal activity this morning, it clearly shows you NEVER attempted to issue or process a refund til THIS morning. Lets see the first few emails where i asked for any back orders and the ETA! Yet, you ll still beat around the bush n avoid this question too. Please post pics of ANY THREATNING texts. I have them all. Look at the first pg of this section. Your name shows up quite a bit in seperate threads...does it not? Are we ALL out to get you n making this stuff up? Dont avoid the question, man up n tell the truth. The TRUTH. Your not big on accepting responsibility, you just try n flip the script n make me out to be wrong. I have the right to be anything i want, compulsive, impatient, etc. Bottom line is, you never attempted to refund my money until this morning. Show me where my refund process started please! More importantly, WHEN? Aug 17th remember? Its sept 14th. Do the math. Are you still gunna tell people its OUTTA YOUR HANDS? I proved this bs already this morning when it shows paypal waiting for you to respond. I ve already pm d the moderator asking him to lock this thread b4 i get into trouble. Nothing you do or say can be trusted. Nothing i am or have done can justify your lies and or actions thus far. Your very slick n cunning, i ll give you that much. Problem is you did the wrong person dirty, n i will not just lay down n catch you back tracking. You ve had multiple oppurtunities to ship parts, issue a refund, and or tell the truth. Lets start there. Im done here n prefer the thread get locked as its only gunna get nasty bcuz you continue on LYING and upsetting me. Thats why it took this long to get you to screenshot proof! My refund appears to have finaly been initiated as of this morning, sept 14th. You ve done nothing else prior. Mods, please dont delete this thread, but feel free to lock it. He is simply lying left n right. Its upsetting me to the fullest.

Last edited by rkupon1; 09-14-2017 at 05:21 PM.
rkupon1 is offline  
Old 09-14-2017, 05:03 PM   #18
Truck Premium Sponsor
iTrader: (11)
 
MarylandSpeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 756
Default

No lying at all.

You asked for an update Friday at 8 PM.

A thread showed up here about two hours later.

Your order was canceled Tuesday night/Wednesday Morning.

Saturday morning, you emailed me asking to look into why you did not have a refund

Within two hours you had already started a paypal dispute and made another thread here.

I spent Saturday morning texting you because you would not take my calls trying to resolve this privately. You refused and said you would let paypal and the credit card do their thing. You posted that in this thread too.

Then Monday morning you texted me asking for your refund. That conversation also ended in you would wait for paypal.

Then today you woke me up at 6AM made me send you a screen shot of the refund so you would leave me alone.

I mean that is the timeline right. What am I lying about?
MarylandSpeed is offline  
Old 09-14-2017, 05:06 PM   #19
TECH Apprentice
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
rkupon1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 335
Default

https://www.bbb.org/washington-dc-ea...wtype=negative



any of these stories/reviews sound familiar??? Please tell me its pure coincidence and I/WE are all wrong and crazy. A lot of the same deflection and arguing tactics going on it seems

Please use dates and or copies of actual emails/texts to back up your BS story telling. Than I can pick it apart piece by piece. It starts on AUG 24th, you remember don't ya. Sure wish I knew how to screen shot my emails or link em here. Shall I print em all out n take a pic in chronological order? Mite help anyone who is confused. Its real simple, every email/response can either be called LIE or TRUTH! Lets play!
You are still avoiding my simple yet basic questions? Please elaborate on the basics. Here they are

-When did I ask for ETA And/or backorders? your response? Was it a truthful response?

-When was I told my order would ship? your response? Was it a truthful response?

-When did I first ask for my refund? your response? Was it a truthful response?

-How many times did I ask for my refund? your response? Was it a truthful response?

-When did you say I could expect said refund? your response? Was it a truthful response?

-When did you actually PROCESS my refund? your response? Was it a truthful response?

-When(date) did you actually take any iniative to REFUND my money(including respond to paypal aka when it was outta your hands)? your response? Was it a truthful response?

7 questions,...Lets please stick to FACTS, leave the smoke n mirrors out of it.

Last edited by rkupon1; 09-14-2017 at 05:20 PM.
rkupon1 is offline  
Old 09-14-2017, 06:54 PM   #20
LS1Tech Administrator
iTrader: (3)
 
RPM WS6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Lincolnwood, IL Member: #317
Posts: 23,036
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkupon1 View Post
^^^The other members comments are on them, not me. Me posting every 15-20min is perfectly relevant as I started to communicate with him as a direct result of these UPDATES. You gotta understand something, I'm the victim here. Not him. He s very dishonest and is NOT trying in good faith to resolve this issue. And in doing so, its plenty pertinent to see how he reacts and in what time frame. Please allow this thread to be real time. I have another pic to post showing a screenshot from him Finaly proving my original thoughts that not a SINGLE action for a refund was made on his end til this morning. That's a fact. If your gunna over referee my thread n show Bias, than have at it. Butcher it up, make him out to be an ok guy who "is trying his best". The chronological order here is very important as it exposes more n more dishonesty and spite on his end. Again, I truly wish you were more on my side here. Id love to see how you d react if your hard earned $$$ was taken from you!?!? It should not be considered excessive thread bumping if actions like these are happening live time! I can see the way this thread is going n I'm sure it ll get deleted or locked. What can I really do here? Others deserve to know EXACTLY what is happening, how it has happened, and when! If its untrue, let him rebuttle it and prove me wrong! If theres increased thread activity, its because of his actions plain n simple.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkupon1 View Post
The rules have been clearly stated, id prefer you not clutter this thread up re itierating them towards other members I have no control over. That's on them and is their problem. Any other comments just distract from my thread...
LS1Tech provides a fair venue for all parties regarding sponsor feedback, the very fact that this thread exists is solid proof of such, whether you want to believe this or not. I am not on anyone's side, but you're attempting to dictate terms - something which is not appreciated nor welcome. You seem to have an agenda here which goes beyond resolution and summary of your issue and experience, and that's not the purpose of this (or any other) section.

We provide this forum to be a useful feedback resource as well as a means to bring dialog between sponsors and members with the hope of resolution, not a soap box series of angry rants posted every 20 minutes to keep the thread bumped.

Your last post above has now gone off topic, referencing issues and reports other than your own which, again, is not the purpose of this section. Perhaps the rules haven't been stated clearly enough after all - and as such, this one is done.

-Admin.
RPM WS6 is offline  
Closed Thread

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WTB 100mm maf kmeyer17 Parts Wanted 3 04-03-2017 08:35 PM
WTB 17 Inch Weld RTS's ZCAMARO28 Parts Wanted 0 01-28-2017 08:52 PM
whos makes a good 275/45/17 LStrev530 Wheels & Tires 1 10-12-2016 03:53 PM
Tire size for 17 x 8 rim? necrocannibal Wheels & Tires 2 05-04-2016 08:02 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:26 AM.


 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: