LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Thompson Motorsports: Before buying a engine ask how they ship them

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2018, 08:05 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Thompson Motorsports: Before buying a engine ask how they ship them

So I ordered a long block and this is what arrived. original lead time was 6-8 weeks and this is how it arrived on the 11th. I really am regretting my purchase from Thompson Motorsports. They didn't crate it, they put it in a stapled plywood box. There were no straps or supports inside to keep it secure. I will now make sure I ask for detailed crate pictures before I make any comparable purchases.

Old 04-30-2018, 08:12 PM
On The Tree

For good measure, one of the inside where there was no supportts and one of the stilt-like pallet construction with the 2x4s in the center.
Old 05-01-2018, 09:44 AM
On The Tree

If it had been on a cradle there would have been some evidence of it. From the sizing, I don't think there would have been room for a cradle in there. shippers bang things up but it is a Merchants responsibility to package it proper. so this is what $8,000 gets including a $300 shipping/crate fee
Old 05-01-2018, 01:29 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

When I got mine from them about 3.5 years ago, it came in a box screwed together, and the block was secured to the crate inside.

That box was dropped, hence the wrapping around it. I would never have signed for it.
Old 05-01-2018, 01:56 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,489 Likes on 1,072 Posts

As TMS is a site sponsor, this has been moved to the Sponsor Feedback section. ALL Feedback section rules apply from this point forward. For folks who are unfamiliar with the rules of this section, please review the sticky at the top of this section.

Thanks.
-Admin.
Old 05-01-2018, 03:39 PM
Banned

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

This is interesting to see. We have shipped more than 5,000 motors in those crates worldwide and have made less than 20 claims. I am sorry that you had an issue with UPS, We would be happy to take a look at the motor and ensure it is not damaged. Also happy to fix any issues that have occurred due to the shipping. We do ask that no customer ever accept any products damaged in shipping to ensure that they do not have to deal with any issues.
Old 05-01-2018, 11:49 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Exclamation

Apparently my earlier post was ignored by several. Please be sure to famailarize yourselves with the rules of this section prior to posting. Negative third party input/bandwagoning is not welcome here, and will not be tolerated. This issue will remain between the sponsor and the OP.

Further disregard for the rules will result in unwanted account action against those parties which are not involved. No more warnings on this issue.
Old 05-02-2018, 03:34 PM
On The Tree

Hello Thompson,

I am not interested in a damaged, inspected and returned engine. Independent of how many engines have been shipped what arrived on my dock was not packaged correctly. You may have gotten lucky with this packaging method but that does not mean that you are taking a proactive stance on ensuring the product would not become damaged. I would like a full refund.

My email correspondence with your personnel have some inconsistencies in regards to return authorization and I feel that you have not been honest on simple things up to this point. How can I be expected to have faith in your product/inspection?

Last edited by 75tonyA; 05-02-2018 at 07:20 PM. Reason: typo and added a sentence
Old 05-03-2018, 05:07 PM
On The Tree

So it has been one month since the damaged crate arrived and I was hoping we could get this worked out.

To be more specific, it has been one month and 2 days since I rejected the shipment.
One month since I followed up with Thompson and was told it was authorized for return.
Three and a half weeks since the shipper verified it was still not approved by Thompson Motorsports and was still here in town at the hub.
Two and a half weeks since Thompson Motorsports signed return packing slip that it arrived back on their dock.

Where is the customer service?
Old 05-04-2018, 04:40 PM
On The Tree

A couple business days later and no resolution, the engine has been at your facility since 4/17.
Old 05-08-2018, 08:48 AM
Banned

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

We recieced the motor back from UPS. it seems it took quite some time to arrive back. We are un able to refund anything until the motor is returned and now that it is back we can do so. I am sorry that it was damaged in freight and also sorry that it has caused you so much trouble. Now that we have it back it will be processed shortly.
Old 06-20-2018, 07:11 PM
10 Second Club

Received 55 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by RPM WS6
Apparently my earlier post was ignored by several. Please be sure to famailarize yourselves with the rules of this section prior to posting. Negative third party input/bandwagoning is not welcome here, and will not be tolerated. This issue will remain between the sponsor and the OP.

Further disregard for the rules will result in unwanted account action against those parties which are not involved. No more warnings on this issue.
Wrong, according to the policy, positive bandwagoning isnt allowed either, so you should probably ban yourself.
Old 06-20-2018, 08:37 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Originally Posted by DietCoke
Wrong, according to the policy, positive bandwagoning isnt allowed either, so you should probably ban yourself.
You bump a post from 6 weeks ago for this? LOL.

Our policy is as fair as it realistically can be; it's not new, and it's not open for debate. Ultimately, participation on this site is voluntary - nothing is keeping you here if you don't like the policies or have such an issue with the staff that you feel a post such as this is necessary.