LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Better prices

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2005, 10:58 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Better prices

How about a better price on ls1 stuff in general from sponsers. It's rediculas what they want for ls1 parts -2k for a crank cmon-the same stroke crank for a sbc is under 300 - No wonder why we cant compete , this motor has been out since 97 prices should of dropped by now
Old 04-17-2005, 11:06 PM
ACW
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Moving to the Sponsors Feedback forum

Last edited by ACW; 04-25-2005 at 11:08 PM.
Old 04-17-2005, 11:16 PM
Teching In

thanx just fumeing
Old 04-18-2005, 01:05 PM
Teching In

I am on a mad search for a company that will produce these parts out of forged steel and not platinum like these must be made of .I'm working on a few that might be "future sponsors"willing to profit off the quantity that would be ordered by all the ls1 guys who want to build their cars but simply do not want to go broke or even in dept to do it.Ford guys have factory backing, and purses that are WAAAY up there in a racing series backed by the manufacturer. "qouted" so we have to do all the research and all the trial and error for these guys --thats no problem but a Second mortage to do it is pathetic ---Anyone who believes it is worth 1500-2000 dollars and even more , pay for a freeking crank needs to check out the same part made by the same company out of the same material but for a different motor once. there would be a ton of ls1's in the 7's and 6's if you didnt have to be rich ,to do it. We already have to pay a buttload to have sleeves put in the way it is .I'm on a mission thats all
Old 04-18-2005, 03:18 PM
TECH Veteran

dude the only reason prices for the ls1 stuff is high is because the motor has been out for less than 10 years. personally im amazed at how many companies have developed and released stuff for these motors in such a short time. the sbc stuff took a lonnnggg time to get stuff as cheap as they are. until more companies are makeing stuff and even more people are using these motors prices will be what they are. so calm down.
Old 04-19-2005, 02:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why would any business lower their price if customers are willing to pay a premium? If you think F-Body parts are overpriced have a look at C5 parts and labor rates..

Mark
Old 04-19-2005, 09:05 PM
Teching In

Exactly --why would they if everyone pays it
And no one but me works on my car -so labor is not a factor in this thread .
I'm talking parts -Being ripped off must be cool in your world
Old 04-20-2005, 02:54 AM
TECH Senior Member

simma down young paduwon. prices are high b/c there isn't the ENORMOUS market that there is for other motors....aka not as much competition. give it a bit longer, and the more engines on this tech are out there, and the longer the aftermarket thrives...the bigger the market will get and you may see prices go down a bit. f-bodies and vettes are a rich mans toy per se, or a kids dream. either way they'll pay whatever it costs.

Quick Reply: Better prices