LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

I've Had it with Yank

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2005, 07:14 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default I've Had it with Yank

I just noticed this section and thought this post was appropriate here also.

This is the thread that I started and explains the steps during my dealings with YANK on a C5 2002.
bad converter from Yank

At the end of the day the converters from YANK could not be used. The stock convert was rebuilt and all is well now. It cost me $1500 in parts and labor to get Yanked around.
Old 05-07-2005, 10:03 AM
10 & 11 Second Club

Originally Posted by billc5
I just noticed this section and thought this post was appropriate here also.

This is the thread that I started and explains the steps during my dealings with YANK on a C5 2002.
bad converter from Yank

At the end of the day the converters from YANK could not be used. The stock convert was rebuilt and all is well now. It cost me $1500 in parts and labor to get Yanked around.
In that thread it seems that Yank was wanting to help but you went with what your installer said over Yank. We also have an experienced tranny shop in Orlando that seems to screw up every 4l60 and conv swap but do good work on other stuff. I have been running Yank converters in 4 different cars and I think they are great, I`ve raced them in both my current cars for 3 years now with excellent results, drivability w/street car(02 Formula) is very good also.
Old 05-07-2005, 10:13 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Caveman
In that thread it seems that Yank was wanting to help but you went with what your installer said over Yank. We also have an experienced tranny shop in Orlando that seems to screw up every 4l60 and conv swap but do good work on other stuff. I have been running Yank converters in 4 different cars and I think they are great, I`ve raced them in both my current cars for 3 years now with excellent results, drivability w/street car(02 Formula) is very good also.
Yank blew us off when we sent the first converter back and they said it was good and charged a restocking fee. The second one had insufficient clearance and a bad vibration, 3 weeks now with the stock rebuilt converter and no vibration or clearance issues. We also have a similar confirmation from another customer in that thread. I will not believe that this is coincidence. The installer has put Yanks in several F-bodies successfully.

In this public forum Yank wanted to help me, believe me, in private conversation and correspondence this is not the case.

Quick Reply: I've Had it with Yank