LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Careful if you purchase something from TSP!! (Resolved)

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2005, 08:17 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry Careful if you purchase something from TSP!! (Resolved)

No hard bashing, but I am VERY disappointed in this! I thought I got a deal with TSP; they had promised me $800 flat with no additional charges for Pacesetter LTs and their true dual exhaust system. I check the bank and they charged $850, then claimed they could not fix it in their system. I know it is only $50, but I kinda needed it for my install. It made me mad because maybe they thought since I was a chick they could get away with it - well, they did. I doubt I will ever buy anything from them again. I'll tell you someone who I have ordered a million parts from and they have NEVER screwed up - Thunder Racing! I will just order all my parts from them now on cause at least they charge what they say they will!!
Old 06-30-2005, 08:24 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ive never dealt with tsp but thunder is f'in great. they couldnt give you a $50 credit or something. im a broke *** college student and someone could lose there life if they took $50 from me.... i would not let it go!
Old 06-30-2005, 08:42 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by fasttagurl
I check the bank and they charged $850, then claimed they could not fix it in their system.

Wait, the bank said they couldn't fix it, or TSP said they couldn't fix it? If the bank says they can't fix it, I agree. They just handle the transaction based on the amounts they are told. However, if TSP says they can't fix it, then THAT is a problem. Call TSP and talk to somebody. I bought my headers and y-pipe from them and got very pissed off when I got my y-pipe, but no headers. A quick call to them revealed that the headers were being drop shipped from Pacesetter, they gave me a tracking number and I received the headers the next day, as promised by the tracking number. A simple misunderstanding that was easily resolved.

-Mike
Old 06-30-2005, 11:04 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Michelle,
I'm sorry for the misunderstanding. I know I told you $800 for the parts, but there is nothing I can do to get around the State Tax. Because you are in Texas, there was roughly $50 in tax added to your purchase. But you being a woman has nothing to do with if you are charged for tax. That is ridiculous! The total on the parts should have been $884 with Tax& Shipping, but since you were in Texas, I set you up with a package price! The fact that I knew what I told you and wanted to help YOU out when you called, I credited back the shipping 4 days ago... and I would take care of you on the next purchase. If you want to discuss this further, please PM me or give me a call!

Jon
Old 06-30-2005, 11:08 AM
TECH Regular

see, that makes sence..
Old 06-30-2005, 11:10 AM
TECH Senior Member

Can't get around State Tax, and it sounds like you got a pretty wicked deal from them. $380 for the headers and $420 for their true duals sounds like a pretty good deal. If you need help on the install, let me know and we can work something out. I do all my own installs and I'm sure we can get some other folks together to help out.
Old 06-30-2005, 11:15 AM
TECH Senior Member

Wow, that IS a good deal I always assume the price is +tax if its an in-state vendor (that is the law, ya know). Kinda why I try to order from out-of-state and compare shipping cost to tax cost. For bigger $$ items, I usually come out ahead.
Old 06-30-2005, 11:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jon@Texas-Speed
but there is nothing I can do to get around the State Tax. Because you are in Texas
Not that its any of my business but you could take it out of you profit!
Old 06-30-2005, 12:38 PM
Super Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

Sounds fair to me....moving to feedbacl section.....
Old 06-30-2005, 01:49 PM
TECH Resident

Like Brains said: That's a killer deal any way you look at it. Jason, Jon, and the staff at TSP have always supplied excellent service to me and many others on here as well. TR is also top notch. The shipping VS. state tax is going to be a big concern for TX folks if they pass that new 'school tax' come September. Ya'll need to worry about that dumb *** law more than anything...Just my .02

Kev
Old 06-30-2005, 07:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Okay..since this was posted on a message board and is now fair game, I just HAVE to offer my opinion....

Too often, people are going to this board to bitch, moan and complain without even attempting to resolve the situation or not including all of the facts in regard to those sponsors they are bashing first, that **** needs to just stop....TSP has always been a great group of people to deal with, they have a very positive customer service ethic that cannot even begin to be compared with by another vender, and have some of the best pricing around.... Someone has to pay taxes on a purchase...who could that be...Oh wait, its the person initiating the business transaction!! Taxes are NOT PROFIT, they are transferred to the state on either monthly, quarterly or yearly basis, and TSP seems to be MORE than accomodating with you in this situation.

Lastly, the old "I'm a chick" excuse is pretty ******* lame, I'm sick of hearing how just because someone is a girl everybody's trying to **** them, blah, blah, blah....get over it and resolve the issue with TSP directly before bitching online.

Last edited by cyphur_traq; 07-01-2005 at 09:09 AM.
Old 06-30-2005, 11:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 00Z-28-LT1
im a broke *** college student and someone could lose there life if they took $50 from me.... i would not let it go!

Old 06-30-2005, 11:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Joker
Okay..since this was posted on a message board and is now fair game, I just HAVE to offer my opinion....

Too often, people are going to this board to bitch, moan and complain without even attempting to resolve the situation or not including all of the facts in regard to those sponsors they are bashing first, that **** needs to just stop....TSP has always been a great group of people to deal with, they have a very positive customer service ethic that cannot even begin to be compared with by another vender, and have some of the best pricing around.... Someone has to pay taxes on a purchase...who could that be...Oh wait, its the person initiating the business transaction!! Taxes are NOT PROFIT, they are transferred to the state on either monthly, quarterly or yearly basis, and TSP seems to be MORE than accomodating with you in this situation.

Lastly, the old "I have a vagina" excuse is pretty ******* lame, I'm sick of hearing how just because someone is a girl everybody's trying to **** them, blah, blah, blah....get over it and resolve the issue with TSP directly before bitching online.
bitching online

Arent you doing the same thing? Being that your sick of hearing people bitch. Maybe were sick of people who bitch about people bitching.

I was serious, but that sounds funny now
Old 07-01-2005, 03:12 AM
Deranged Rat Fink

I 've bought quite a few parts from many sponsors on here. I buy from different sponsors for basically these reasons:
1. Reputation
2. Quality
3. Price
I purchased a LS6 oil pump from TSP and got all three of my above reasons. After a good first experience , I then bought a cam , timing chain & sprockets, retainers , pushrods , and valve springs. I was very pleased at their professionalism , quick delivery and reasonable prices. I have nothing negative to say about TSP. Sounds like to me the man gave you a fair explanation .I hate that you are upset at spending extra money but if you plan on continuing to mod your car , it's a fact of life.
Old 07-01-2005, 09:13 AM
TECH Senior Member

I think you're missing the point. TSP charged her $800. The state of Texas charged her the extra 50 bucks...........

Thats where she is getting pissed off. TSP can't help that too much. They've already cut out the shipping charges for her from what they've posted, what more do you want them to do? Cut into their profit margins? That makes perfect business sense to me.

50 bucks is nothin in the grand scheme of modding a car. I've spent over 5 grand on mine so far, and 50 bucks is nothin lookin back.

Please keep this discussion on track and stop bitching about people bitching, and about them bitching
Old 07-01-2005, 01:04 PM
10 Second Club

You know what? For someone who has NEVER had anything handed down to them and has had to work their *** off to do anything to their car - $50 IS SOMETHING TO ME!! And I can comment on any sponsor I want to because if you are even remotely professional you should never make promises you cannot keep. We agreed on a FLAT transaction of $800, which is a good deal, and if he could not have done that he should not have made the deal with me. He did credit $25 back to me, although I feel like it should have been done right the 1ST TIME!! Money comes short these days and I have a theory that if you want my business you get one chance to make it right or you will lose my business forever!! Just ask TR, I have spent over $3,000 with them in the last 2 months and they have been over-the-top with service!! That $25 that I will never get back is a tank of gas - but I am sure some of you do not look at it that way. Oh well, I spoke the truth and at least I know now for future reference. The staff at TSP was nice to be about it, but then again, they still promised me $800 FLAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-01-2005, 01:09 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by badjuju342
I 've bought quite a few parts from many sponsors on here. I buy from different sponsors for basically these reasons:
1. Reputation
2. Quality
3. Price
I purchased a LS6 oil pump from TSP and got all three of my above reasons. After a good first experience , I then bought a cam , timing chain & sprockets, retainers , pushrods , and valve springs. I was very pleased at their professionalism , quick delivery and reasonable prices. I have nothing negative to say about TSP. Sounds like to me the man gave you a fair explanation .I hate that you are upset at spending extra money but if you plan on continuing to mod your car , it's a fact of life.
You do have a point there!!
Old 07-01-2005, 02:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

http://www.glumbert.com/media/piehole.html
Old 07-01-2005, 05:48 PM
SSU, come over and relax

Originally Posted by fasttagurl
You know what? For someone who has NEVER had anything handed down to them and has had to work their *** off to do anything to their car - $50 IS SOMETHING TO ME!! And I can comment on any sponsor I want to because if you are even remotely professional you should never make promises you cannot keep. We agreed on a FLAT transaction of $800, which is a good deal, and if he could not have done that he should not have made the deal with me. He did credit $25 back to me, although I feel like it should have been done right the 1ST TIME!! Money comes short these days and I have a theory that if you want my business you get one chance to make it right or you will lose my business forever!! Just ask TR, I have spent over $3,000 with them in the last 2 months and they have been over-the-top with service!! That $25 that I will never get back is a tank of gas - but I am sure some of you do not look at it that way. Oh well, I spoke the truth and at least I know now for future reference. The staff at TSP was nice to be about it, but then again, they still promised me $800 FLAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
you agreed on $800 flat and that is what they charged you. if you wanna talk about that $50 why dont you talk to the state gov.

tsp did not get the $50 the state did.

its not their fault that you didnt understand the fact that you have to pay tax on things if you live in the same state.
Old 07-01-2005, 06:14 PM
ACW
TECH Veteran

They already gave you a good price on the parts... then they charged $50 for the tax on the $800 -- $50 is only 6.25% of $800, so unless you have an amazingly low sales tax rate (don't know about you, but I pay 8.25%), that's a discount there too... and then they refunded you an additional $25 (cutting into their profits by a further $25 after they already gave you a package deal on the initial prices)... Sounds like you got a darn good deal for your money and they did all they could to accomodate you, so I'd say this is resolved

Quick Reply: Careful if you purchase something from TSP!! (Resolved)