LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

LG Motorsports Huge let down!

Old 07-02-2005, 03:36 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LG Motorsports Huge let down!

After verifying their store hours, getting directions, and driving 200 miles, they are closed. I have been planning this trip for 2 weeks and took quite a bit of spending money with me. Two of the techs were there, and one was nice enough to let me look around, but said no salesman no sales. According to him, the boss said they could have the day off. Completely wasted trip. I guess I'll be driving to TR or TSP from now on.

I understand if the boss wanted to let his employees have an extra long holiday weekend, but would be nice to let your customers know. There wasn't even a sign on the door that they would be closed. Last minute descision I guess.
Old 07-03-2005, 10:08 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thats sucks.
Next time call before you go.
As a business this is very common to close early, or not open at all before a holiday.

I think I would have been pissed as well if I would have driven all that way for no reason. TR will take good care of you if you go that route.
Old 07-06-2005, 03:43 PM
TECH Resident

i've found lg motorsports to have very bad communication skills (i.e., not informing me of additional parts until i get there). i live 300 miles away so i can feel your pain. they can be pretty sloppy with details. this just further proves it to me.

as well, i got a lot of bad information from the tech i talked with at lenght about the transmission he worked on. i'm still sorting out issues after spending nearly $10,000 at their shop. i guess i wasn't a valued customer to lg.

Last edited by KGSloan; 07-06-2005 at 03:56 PM.
Old 07-07-2005, 02:15 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,089 Likes on 717 Posts

Was this on 7.1 or 7.2? It was a holiday weekend.
Old 07-13-2005, 06:31 PM
11 Second Club

Louis Gigliotti contacted me to apologize, and said he wanted to get to the bottom of this. It appeared to me that maybe they weren't supposed to be closed. He also made me an offer as an attempt to make things right.

What was the date, Time, and could you tell me the techs names?

Please give me a call personally, on my cell- (hidden for legal reasons).

I need to resolve this, and If you are still interested in doing business with us, I can help you out on the price.

I apologize for the inconvience, and I will do my best to make it right.

Thanks

Louis Gigliotti jr.
www.LGMotorsports.com
I was impressed that Mr.Gigliotti's contacted me, and felt like his customers were important to him. I sent him a message deatiling my trip to LGM, and told him that I had no intentions of bashing his company. I just wanted others to be aware of how I was treated before taking their business to LGM. He then sent this message.

Thanks for the reply. Let me know what/if you decide to purchase from us, and I will knock 50$ off, plus 1/2 price on shipping to make up for the trouble you went through.

Thanks

Louis
I decided to except his offer and give him a shot.

Louis,
I want to thank you for trying to make it right. I am going to give you a shot and take you up on your offer. I would like to purchase the Hooker cat back exhaust for my '00 SS, part# 16811. Please let me know how I need to go about this. If all goes smoothly, I intend to post that you went out of your way to make things right. I am also sure that I will place more orders with you in the future.
Thanks
Chris Rowlee
Louis responded the same day

You got it. Ill get back to you by the end of the day
That was Monday. Today is Wednesday, and I have not heard from him as of yet. It appears quite obvious to me that my original impression of LG Motorsports was correct. I don't know and won't assume why he didn't get back to me, but it seems he has no intention of working to keep his cutomers. He should at least keep his word. Maybe he thinks LGM was not at fault, but if this was the case, why would he have offered me a deal to make things right?

I ordered my catback from Byunspeed, and he took my order at 11:30pm on Tuesday. That is better customer service than anyone can ask for. I didn't ask for anything special from LGM, but they don't even do what they tell you they will. A simple pm is not that much to ask after they are the ones offering is it?

I will take all of my business elseware from now on, and I would like to ecourage others thinking about doing business with LG Motorsports to consider the info I have posted. There is no flaming here, and I don't condone such. I just want all of you to be aware of how LGM conducts business. I would expect a sponser of this site to take better care of its customers.
Old 07-13-2005, 07:36 PM
Adkoonerstrator

I'm not going to bash you or anything because your experience with LGM happened and no one can say otherwise. I would like to say a little something about a possible reason why Louis didn't get back with you like he said he would. Louis Jr. is on the road alot as a crew chief for his fathers race car. I'm sure he doesn't have internet access much on the road and this may be a reason he did not get back with you like he stated he would. I noticed that he has not been online since Monday and just offer up the above as a possible reason.

Again, not trying to discount your experience just offering up a possible reason why the follow up was not carried through with like planned.

I know Louis probably meant well and think he just ran out of time to get things taken care of.

Sorry you had a bad experience with them.
Old 07-13-2005, 09:54 PM
11 Second Club

I appreciate your input. That is one reason I didn't bash Louis. I know things happen, but if it were me, and I was trying to make something right for a customer, I would make sure to follow through like I said I would, or quite simply tell them I was on the road, and would contact them as soon as I had a chance. That would be completely understandable.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: LG Motorsports Huge let down!