LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Be sure to ask what Nitro Dave's S/H charges are. - Resolved

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2005, 09:38 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thumbs down Be sure to ask what Nitro Dave's S/H charges are. - Resolved

I figured since they were a sponsor of this site I would order some NX jets from them, even though I could have gotten them a little cheaper close to home. I figured 10 bux for 2 jets was fair, and maybe 3 bux for shipping.

The jets were 10 bux just as I was told, but the CC bill was $20.50! Yes the shipping and handling charges were more than the jets. So if shipping was around 3 bux (which I am damn sure it is) then it cost $7.50 to handle them.

I planned on getting a Ramcharger timing tuner. Does anyone know where to go to get one?

This is the first time in dealing with a sponsor that I feel I got ripped off. I have delt with Fast Toys, AMW, Speed Inc, TByrne, Thunder Racing, Textrailia, A&A Corvette, Straightline performance, ART, and After thoughts.

I know it wasn't a huge order, but when it more than doubles without me being advised, I have a problem with that.
Old 07-13-2005, 09:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

First question is did you call them and ask them about it? I may have been an error.

Second did they ship it UPS? Seems to me that just about everything that goes UPS is between $7-10 no matter how small or how close it is shipping.

Third give Dave a call and see what he can do. I am positive he will do everything possible to help you out.
Old 07-13-2005, 10:16 AM
10 Second Club

I called before posting this.
Old 07-13-2005, 10:25 AM
TECH Junkie

Was the pacage shipped UPS ?
Old 07-13-2005, 10:27 AM
10 Second Club

I just checked with the people I ship things through, and it would have cost me $6.80 to ship it UPS. I was wrong on the shipping charges, but I would have like to have been told there was shipping and handling charges that added up to more than what the jets were worth.
Old 07-13-2005, 10:57 AM
LSxGuy widda 9sec Mustang

Most places have a minimum shipping/handling charge which is usually $9.95-10.95 no matter the size of the part. That slightly extra usually covers the packaging, tape, packaging peanuts and labor to pull and package the parts.
Old 07-13-2005, 11:13 AM
10 Second Club

I'll make a note of it.
Old 07-13-2005, 11:57 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

The shipping charges sound very normal and I don't think its something to get upset about. Using UPS our minimal charge on any item is $7.95 - $8.95. UPS scales go by pounds, so if the item weighs only a .4 ounces then its rounded up to a pound. Depending on location a 1 pound package ranges from $6.50 to $10.50. Also UPS charges a extra $1.40 for residential address and up to $2.20 if you live in the boonies.

Hope that helps some
Ryan
Old 07-13-2005, 12:17 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by UMI Performance
The shipping charges sound very normal and I don't think its something to get upset about.
It was sent to a business, not a resident in the boonies.

I understand I am to pay shipping charges, but I damn well better know about any additional fees like handling. I don't care if its $5.00 or .50 cents.

This is not up for anymore discussion. Bottom line is be sure to advise the customer of any hidden charges such as handling before the transaction is finalized. That is the very reason I stopped doing business with Summit.

Feel free to keep responding. I am through, I made my point.
Old 07-14-2005, 06:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

I have brought from Nitro Dave 5-10 times, and I have never had an issue with what the shipping was. Its hard to get anything shipped for under 10 bucks these days
Old 07-14-2005, 11:02 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Captaim Insaneo,
Im sorry you were not happy with the shipping charges.We have no controll over what UPS charges to ship.Every company out there has a small add on to cover the box,packing material,or envalope.I beleive our add on is 2.00.We have to cover the packing materials and the pay for the guy in the back packing your order.I do know alot of companys will not even sell two jets due to the fact that the credit card company charges more than the profit.We do not make any money off selling 1 and 2 jets.We stock thousands of dollars in these small parts as a service to you guys.To help you out.
Trust me I hear it over the phone from people all the time.Most laugh when saying man shipping is more than the part.They know it is out of my controll though.
I can tell you this we stock every Jet NX offers.So picking up the phone and knowing someone has it instock should be worth feeding ups.

I do understand the fustration of paying shiping.Just be glad you are not across seas.
However Thank you very much for calling us and giving us your support.Your support is what keeps small companys like ours open.
If I can do anything in the future to help you out please let me know.
Thanks
Dave
Old 07-14-2005, 03:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

I've brought this back for archive purposes. This is a great example of how Nitro Dave handles issues.

Quick Reply: Be sure to ask what Nitro Dave's S/H charges are. - Resolved