LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion (https://ls1tech.com/forums/)
-   LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback (https://ls1tech.com/forums/ls1tech-sponsor-feedback-70/)
-   -   Combination Motorsports WARNING!! - RESOLVED (https://ls1tech.com/forums/ls1tech-sponsor-feedback/474052-combination-motorsports-warning-resolved.html)

kcfan 03-21-2006 11:27 PM

Combination Motorsports WARNING!! - RESOLVED

Long story short. I bought an iron block, AFR heads, numerous suspension conponents and a Moser 12 bolt. I spent well over $12,000.00 with CM.

I ordered a 12 bolt Moser WITHOUT traction control and CM mailed me a Moser WITH traction control. Sam Smith, CM owner, basically said you're stuck with what we sent you.

Dave who is in sales said that I told him my car has a traction control button. Dave is a lying SOB and I know whether or not my car has a traction control button. Dave is trying to save face with the owner because he screwed up my order and the owner, Sam Smith, doesn't have enough balls to correct his employees mistake. I am pissed off! Now I have to try to sell the new moser at a loss or send part of the rear end back to Moser to fix and spend shipping each way and $500.00 additional dollars.

I have filed a complaint with the Las Vegas Better Business Bureau, the Attorney General's office and will take CM to small claims court.

STAY AWAY FROM COMBINATION MOTORSPORTS. IF THEY SCREW UP YOUR ORDER DON'T SAY I DIDN'T WARN YOU!!

MADMAN 03-22-2006 07:14 AM

Not to stir anything but why cant you use the 12 bolt. With or without traction control has no bearing on whether it will work in the car. Plus you got a more expensive rear end with the traction control options.

SMSFRC99 03-22-2006 08:55 AM

I was wondering the same thing

Boose 03-22-2006 11:06 AM

Sorry, For the screen name but I have not had a chance to change it.

I am Sam Smith President of Combination Motorsports Inc.

Mr. Peters ordered the Moser from us on the 27th of September 2005. When he placed the order Dave asked him if he had 3 or 4 channel abs. Mr. Peters did not know. Dave asked him if he had a ASR/TCS button on the dash above the radio. Mr. Peters said "yes" and the order was placed. At the end of February 2006 Mr. Peters called Dave and told him that he had sent him the wrong 12 Bolt, and wanted Dave to send him a new 12 bolt without traction control. Dave asked me about this and we went over his notes and I also talked with Mr. Peters. We talked with Moser and they had a solution to the problem, but it would cost $500.00. I informed Mr. Peters of this, but he wanted a new 12 bolt.

I believe that Mr. Peters got the part that he ordered, but he ordered the wrong part.

The link below shows that in Janurary of 2006. 3.5 Months after Mr.Peters placed the order he still is unsure if the car has traction contronl or not.

Janurary 2006

I am sorry that Mr. Peters ordered the wrong part. We found a solution for him but it was not acceptable.

Sam

CMSDave 03-22-2006 12:25 PM

Gee, where to start.

As far as my integrity goes, you must have forgot the part when you first called to talk about this project and I warned you that you were basically creating a race car setup and the cost of this deal was going to be more than just slapping a turbo kit on this car and I asked if you were sure that this was what you wanted.
You said you wanted 600-700rwhp and I asked if you had ever been in a car like that.
You said that your current car was the quickest you had ever driven and I expressed my concerns.
You told me this was your dream to build this car, so be it.
Even though you had no clue of any of the parts you needed, I had to rely on Dan McLaughlin to help you select the right parts, and I didn't want to stand in the way of your dream car.

Fast Forward to the conversation in February when I tried to explain the difference on the traction control, yet again, you stopped me when I said "10 bolt rear", "3channel ABS", "4 channel ABS", having no clue what those terms meant.
As the above posts state, it can still be used, it could've been fixed but you chose your own route.

BTW, all of the supporting evidnece has been faxed to our contact at the Nevada BBB and she is aware of the situation.
Your small claims court suggestion of 2400.00 and change won't fly as the fix including shipping would've been 500.00 and when they see the copies of these threads you started, well you can do the math from there.

One more thing before I go, as long as we're on the topic of dishonesty, I think this guy has a question:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...ighlight=kcfan

kcfan 03-22-2006 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by CMSDave
Gee, where to start.

As far as my integrity goes, you must have forgot the part when you first called to talk about this project and I warned you that you were basically creating a race car setup and the cost of this deal was going to be more than just slapping a turbo kit on this car and I asked if you were sure that this was what you wanted.
You said you wanted 600-700rwhp and I asked if you had ever been in a car like that.
You said that your current car was the quickest you had ever driven and I expressed my concerns.
You told me this was your dream to build this car, so be it.
Even though you had no clue of any of the parts you needed, I had to rely on Dan McLaughlin to help you select the right parts, and I didn't want to stand in the way of your dream car.

Fast Forward to the conversation in February when I tried to explain the difference on the traction control, yet again, you stopped me when I said "10 bolt rear", "3channel ABS", "4 channel ABS", having no clue what those terms meant.
As the above posts state, it can still be used, it could've been fixed but you chose your own route.

BTW, all of the supporting evidnece has been faxed to our contact at the Nevada BBB and she is aware of the situation.
Your small claims court suggestion of 2400.00 and change won't fly as the fix including shipping would've been 500.00 and when they see the copies of these threads you started, well you can do the math from there.

One more thing before I go, as long as we're on the topic of dishonesty, I think this guy has a question:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...ighlight=kcfan

Dave,

I may have not originally known whether or not my stock 10 bolt had traction control but I did know if my car had a traction control button or not. Let me repeat myself. I know whether or not my car had a traction control button and I NEVER told you my car had a traction control button when the car did not. Why would I tell you my car has a traction control button when it does not?

You made a mistake with my order and now you and Sam are trying to make me out the bad guy and you called me a liar by saying I told Dave my car had a traction control button. You imply that I am dishonest when you say this guy has a question in your response. First of all, look at my perfect trading record and 2nd of all go on Ebay and look at the trading record of Cheruscat. This guy bought a cam from me and I told him that it might be awhile before my builder would get the cam out of my car and mailed to him. Ultimately, the guy didn't want to wait and I PayPaled him his money back.

How about some supporting evidence from Moser about the cost to fix a traction control 12 bolt to a non traction control 12 bolt.

BY THE WAY, THIS IS HOW COMBINATION MOTORSPORTS TREATS SOMEONE WHO SPENDS OVER $12,000.00 WITH THEM!!

JUST THINK HOW YOU WILL BE TREATED!!

CMSDave 03-22-2006 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by kcfan
Dave,

How about some supporting evidence from Moser about the cost to fix a traction control 12 bolt to a non traction control 12 bolt.

The quote Sam and I gave you was our cost trying to help you(obviously that time has passed, but feel free to call them and get your price.
1-260-726-6689

MADMAN 03-22-2006 02:34 PM

KCFAN you are building a race car so what would the ABS be needed for???

By the way the $500.00 is what I pay for the fix you need so that is a good price.

minty 03-22-2006 03:36 PM

I think that its Irrelevant if he can still use it or not.....I am not saying either side is right or wrong Madman, but whether or not he can still use it is not the issue so lets not keep bringing that up....People want what they want and paid for.....If I ordered GM motive gear and you send me a different companies gear I wouldnt use it. My disclaimer is that I am not taking his side, just saying the problem isn't if it can still be used.....

MADMAN 03-22-2006 07:58 PM

Minty hows it been going??

I agree with you totally. CMS is trying to fix the problem. The customer wants something different. The best thing for all myself included is to back away and let the 2 parties deal with it.

Originally Posted by minty
I think that its Irrelevant if he can still use it or not.....I am not saying either side is right or wrong Madman, but whether or not he can still use it is not the issue so lets not keep bringing that up....People want what they want and paid for.....If I ordered GM motive gear and you send me a different companies gear I wouldnt use it. My disclaimer is that I am not taking his side, just saying the problem isn't if it can still be used.....

kcfan 03-23-2006 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by MADMAN
KCFAN you are building a race car so what would the ABS be needed for???

By the way the $500.00 is what I pay for the fix you need so that is a good price.

Madman,

The car will be built like a race car but will be 95% street so ABS is important to me. Like I said, stay away from Combination Motorsports because if they send you something you didn't order you will be stuck because Sam and Dave have shown me that I am not important to them even though I spent over $12,000.00 with them.

KCFAN

MADMAN 03-23-2006 09:46 AM

Well hopefully you 2 can work it out.

Snapps 03-23-2006 12:18 PM

Taking note**** Added CMS to the black book... Shame on them... real shady.

JZ'sTA 03-23-2006 12:42 PM

I have bought some high dollars items from CMS and was very happy with their product and customer service.
Sorry to hear about this mix up, hope things get worked out.

Boose 03-23-2006 01:23 PM

Let me make one thing very clear. I have no problem fixing my or my employees mistakes. I am even willing to help out people that have ordered the wrong parts.

A customer orders a custom 12 bolt assembly for his car, and he orders the wrong part. 5 months later he calls us and says it is the wrong part. He is told that for $500.00 Moser can fix HIS mistake. This is our cost by the way not retail. The customer says no I want you to send me a new 12 bolt assembly. He is told that is not an option, and that the $500.00 fix is his best course of action. Since he is 60 days past out deadline for stocking parts returns and special order parts are not returnable. Instead he decides that the courts are the best action.

Just for a few examples here are a few other companies return policies:

Thunder Racing

We cannot accept returns on parts that have been used or installed. No returns will be accepted after 30 days. No returns on non-stocked or special order items. Prior authorization must be given before any return can be made. Please call 225-754-7223 for a return authorization number. All returns must be made within 30 days of purchase date, and must be in original packaging. A 20% Restocking Fee will apply. Returns must be accompanied with a copy of the invoice AND a completed return form or they will not be honored.

Wheel 2 Wheel

Returns: Please contact Wheel to Wheel Powertrain (via e-mail or 1-248-589-1190 EXT. 348) to get a return authorization (RGA) before making any returns. We do not offer a return policy on special order items. Some manufactures require the parts be sent directly to them and not returned to the place of purchase for warranty. Parts to be returned must be in brand new condition. All returns must be sent prepaid no collect shipments will be accepted. For your protection you should insure the items you are returning for their full value. Write the RGA number on the outside of the return package. All returns should be sent to the following address: Wheel to Wheel Powertrain 32505 Industrial Dr, MI 48071.

Our return policy

Returns: We cannot accept returns on parts that have been installed, unless you have received prior authorization to do so. Any in stock item can be returned for up to 90 days from the day the order was placed. You must have a return authorization from one of our sales associates to return items. Please include your name, order date, and contact phone number in the box being returned so we know who sent the part back. We do charge a 15% restocking fee on all stocking items. All special order items are not returnable. Shipping charges are not refundable and are the responsibility of the buyer.

As you can see this is not shady. We have one of the most lenient policies, and tried to offer Mr. Peters a solution.

This is all I have to say.

Sam Smith

Slowhawk 03-23-2006 01:38 PM

How did it take so many months to figure out it was the wrong part? Did you really know if you had 3channel or 4 channel ABS? Sounds like you just ordered the wrong part or gave the wrong information and now want to put the blame on someone else for your stupid mistake.I'm surprised they offered to change your rear at there price after this,I wouldn't.

We've spent a hell of alot more $$ through CMS than you,hell, our last shortblock cost more than $12g and they've always been easy to deal with and work with us.

You should be happy that they were willing to work with you and not tell you to piss off after the attitude :)

Slowhawk 03-23-2006 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by Snapps
Taking note**** Added CMS to the black book... Shame on them... real shady.

Taking note**** Don't deal with Snapps because he believes anything***probly shady

CMSDave 03-23-2006 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by kcfan
Like I said, stay away from Combination Motorsports because if they send you something you didn't order you will be stuck because Sam and Dave have shown me that I am not important to them even though I spent over $12,000.00 with them.

KCFAN

This bothers me when anybody says this because you downgrade the importance of the guys who piece meal their projects together and can't afford to do a massive makeover.
These are the guys who keep every store on here running.
We treat everyone the same as far as honoring every aspect of the customer's needs, regardless of money spent.
This isn't the Bellagio.

As far as the "shady" comment goes, the beauty of the internet is that the plaintiff gets to call anyone associated with the process "ball less, lying son of a bitch", or anything else he wants without any proof or provocation for the most part.
My definition of shady would be holding on to his $12K for five months and then sending him lesser parts then what he ordered or just disappearing altogether.
All of his items were received in a timely manner and over 6 hours of phone conversations were involved with his order because of the lack of knowledge and information needed to get the right combination for him.
And when he had more family problems we entertained the idea of his request to cancel the order that included the rearend, which we could've done at the time and you would have only been out the shipping charge for the rear as it was enroute.
I'm pretty sure I could've persuaded Moser to help with that at that time, not five months later.

I realize we'll be judged by the internet, and we'll be the only ones who can receive any negative effect of this.
I can deal with that as every other shop has to when someone makes a thread titled: "Sorryass shop didn't answer their pm", when they couldv'e gone another way with it.

I just wanted some clarification for the shady quip.

kcfan 03-23-2006 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by Boose
Let me make one thing very clear. I have no problem fixing my or my employees mistakes. I am even willing to help out people that have ordered the wrong parts.

A customer orders a custom 12 bolt assembly for his car, and he orders the wrong part. 5 months later he calls us and says it is the wrong part. He is told that for $500.00 Moser can fix HIS mistake. This is our cost by the way not retail. The customer says no I want you to send me a new 12 bolt assembly. He is told that is not an option, and that the $500.00 fix is his best course of action. Since he is 60 days past out deadline for stocking parts returns and special order parts are not returnable. Instead he decides that the courts are the best action.

Just for a few examples here are a few other companies return policies:

Thunder Racing

We cannot accept returns on parts that have been used or installed. No returns will be accepted after 30 days. No returns on non-stocked or special order items. Prior authorization must be given before any return can be made. Please call 225-754-7223 for a return authorization number. All returns must be made within 30 days of purchase date, and must be in original packaging. A 20% Restocking Fee will apply. Returns must be accompanied with a copy of the invoice AND a completed return form or they will not be honored.

Wheel 2 Wheel

Returns: Please contact Wheel to Wheel Powertrain (via e-mail or 1-248-589-1190 EXT. 348) to get a return authorization (RGA) before making any returns. We do not offer a return policy on special order items. Some manufactures require the parts be sent directly to them and not returned to the place of purchase for warranty. Parts to be returned must be in brand new condition. All returns must be sent prepaid no collect shipments will be accepted. For your protection you should insure the items you are returning for their full value. Write the RGA number on the outside of the return package. All returns should be sent to the following address: Wheel to Wheel Powertrain 32505 Industrial Dr, MI 48071.

Our return policy

Returns: We cannot accept returns on parts that have been installed, unless you have received prior authorization to do so. Any in stock item can be returned for up to 90 days from the day the order was placed. You must have a return authorization from one of our sales associates to return items. Please include your name, order date, and contact phone number in the box being returned so we know who sent the part back. We do charge a 15% restocking fee on all stocking items. All special order items are not returnable. Shipping charges are not refundable and are the responsibility of the buyer.

As you can see this is not shady. We have one of the most lenient policies, and tried to offer Mr. Peters a solution.

This is all I have to say.

Sam Smith

Hey Sam,

First of all Sam, I didn't order the wrong part. You shipped the wrong part so this is YOUR mistake. The reason the mistake was not discovered for 5 months was because the rear end was shipped to my builder and the rear end has been setting boxed in a climate controlled shop since delivery. Small shops can take a while to complete a build and this project has taken over one year already. Frankly I could care less about what your or other companies policies are because this is YOUR mistake. You just don't get it, do you?!

Sam, you don't need to tell me Moser will fix this for me because it was Dave that screwed up and ordered me the wrong part. You need to handle this in a reputable way and pay the $500.00 yourself and for whatever shipping is incurred. I am not going to be out one dime for your screw up. I never told Dave my car had a traction control button. Why would I tell Dave my car had a traction control button when it does not? This doesn't make any sense. Dave would rather call me a liar than to admit HE made a mistake and you have chosen to back your employee and screw a good customer.

Sam, you have two options here.

1. Pay the $500.00 for YOUR mistake and shipping both ways or

2. Have a compaint filed against you with the Las Vegas Better Business Bureau. Have a complaint filed against you with the Nevada Attorney General's office. Be taken to small claims court and possibly bring suit against your company by private attorney.

BE WARNED: SHOULD YOU ORDER SOMETHING FROM COMBINATION MOTORSPORTS AND THEY MAKE AN HONEST MISTAKE AND SEND YOU THE WRONG PART THEY WILL NOT ADMIT THEIR MISTAKE EVEN IF YOU ORDERED OVER $12,000.00 IN PARTS FROM THEM. JUST IMAGINE HOW YOU WILL BE TREATED IF YOUR ORDER A LESSOR DOLLAR AMOUNT!!!

BUYER BEWARE!!!

Snapps 03-23-2006 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by Slowhawk
Taking note**** Don't deal with Snapps because he believes anything***probly shady

LOL so orginal there slowhead.. I mean slowhawk.. what a putz.