LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Im a gmrspeed nut hugger and this is why

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2006, 03:38 PM
chronic masturbator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Im a gmrspeed nut hugger and this is why

this is long but worth it,

In the past year and a half I have had some real big problems, with a "shop" in the ohio area. here is alittle backround on that.

In late 2004 I contacted a local "shop" to have some things done. Which were some suspension stuff and a oil pump o-ring as well as get the engine ready for the turbo i was going to be installing the next season anyways they so no big deal. I then tell them its not a huge hurry since its winter time so no biggie. Early 2005 I call and see how its coming they then say there is a prob I ask what? the guy says blown headgaskets. I told him ok I kinda figured that and I tell him to go ahead do those and lifters since I had one on its way out anyways. He says fine but cannot do the work until I pay for the stuff up front. I say fine and pay the rest up front. We then discuss that the car will not be done for beginning of 2005 season since they were "busy" long story short I called and harassed them every other day/week and always got excuses "the engine is out and apart just waiting on some odds and ends should be done next week" come to find out no work was done other than the hacking done when taking the engine out. Not only that but he had sold my tubular k-member and never ordered any other parts.

PRESENT day, I have the car shipped to GMRSPEED where they get a mess of a car (if it was me I prolly wouldnt of taken the job), but they say fine they'll finish it up so I go ahead and pay them to do the job. So they start on the job get the heads off and put the new lifters and headgaskets on, they then take the oil pan off to do the oring and lone behold I have metal everywhere in the pan. It turns out that the bearings are all wiped out. (due to the previous shop running the car with low oil pressure), so now the bottom end needs totally checked out and refreshened. Normally this would not be a problem except I had just lost my job in Febuary. So unfortunatly I call joel back and tell him that I will have to come up and trailer the car back. After I hang up with him, I get a call back from leo say that they are going to finish the job and that I could pay it back after the engine was done. To me this is HUGE ive never had such good customer service ever. I really cant thank them enough. SO to you people 2nd guessing GMR dont because you'll be missing out on a great shop expierence.

Thanks again GMR guys
Gary Wright

*edit I have had some emails about who this other "shop" was, It was LS1source but I will say after the shop split up Brian who really wasnt involved much in the matter payed half of what was owed so now its up to the other guy bill to own up*

Last edited by dynedta; 03-15-2006 at 05:10 PM.
Old 03-18-2006, 06:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dynedta
this is long but worth it,

In the past year and a half I have had some real big problems, with a "shop" in the ohio area. here is alittle backround on that.

In late 2004 I contacted a local "shop" to have some things done. Which were some suspension stuff and a oil pump o-ring as well as get the engine ready for the turbo i was going to be installing the next season anyways they so no big deal. I then tell them its not a huge hurry since its winter time so no biggie. Early 2005 I call and see how its coming they then say there is a prob I ask what? the guy says blown headgaskets. I told him ok I kinda figured that and I tell him to go ahead do those and lifters since I had one on its way out anyways. He says fine but cannot do the work until I pay for the stuff up front. I say fine and pay the rest up front. We then discuss that the car will not be done for beginning of 2005 season since they were "busy" long story short I called and harassed them every other day/week and always got excuses "the engine is out and apart just waiting on some odds and ends should be done next week" come to find out no work was done other than the hacking done when taking the engine out. Not only that but he had sold my tubular k-member and never ordered any other parts.

PRESENT day, I have the car shipped to GMRSPEED where they get a mess of a car (if it was me I prolly wouldnt of taken the job), but they say fine they'll finish it up so I go ahead and pay them to do the job. So they start on the job get the heads off and put the new lifters and headgaskets on, they then take the oil pan off to do the oring and lone behold I have metal everywhere in the pan. It turns out that the bearings are all wiped out. (due to the previous shop running the car with low oil pressure), so now the bottom end needs totally checked out and refreshened. Normally this would not be a problem except I had just lost my job in Febuary. So unfortunatly I call joel back and tell him that I will have to come up and trailer the car back. After I hang up with him, I get a call back from leo say that they are going to finish the job and that I could pay it back after the engine was done. To me this is HUGE ive never had such good customer service ever. I really cant thank them enough. SO to you people 2nd guessing GMR dont because you'll be missing out on a great shop expierence.

Thanks again GMR guys
Gary Wright

*edit I have had some emails about who this other "shop" was, It was LS1source but I will say after the shop split up Brian who really wasnt involved much in the matter payed half of what was owed so now its up to the other guy bill to own up*

Ok, I just left the Cleveland AutoRama, and the dyno guys that were there said ls1source is still around. IM confused now??? But after reading you post here I dont think that I want to take my truck there anyway. So my question is where do us NE Ohio people take are vehicles to be tuned. I heard of a place in Hudson called BigTymers or something like that....

Need some help on this b/c I dont really want a mailorder tune...
Old 03-18-2006, 07:48 PM
Teching In

GMR Speed they know there sh*t www.gmrspeed.com
Old 03-18-2006, 09:55 PM
chronic masturbator

ls1source is nomore and the one guy bill who was with ls1source started another shop called horse power alley stay away from him, I agree with what was said above gmrspeed will be able to hook you up
Old 03-19-2006, 05:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

awsome...they will get my business then. They are located in Hinckly right?
Old 03-19-2006, 10:21 AM
chronic masturbator

yep they are
Old 03-19-2006, 03:59 PM
Suspended Sponsor

Gary glad to help you out bro...... your in a crappy the car came to us in a crappy situation, we want to do anything we can to help get you back on the road/track...btw congrats on the job you got since this post... now we can really get crankin

Moe, we would be glad to get you tuned shoot me a PM and let me know what you have done and we can get some pricing together and get ya in and tuned.
Old 03-20-2006, 04:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

pm sent to ya leo
Old 03-31-2006, 07:07 PM
Teching In

yeah well i must say leo the car is one the i hope either saturday or sunday but let me know how things go i have a white ta to go take my 4g out of and a red dualie too so wish me luck