LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Does Futral still exist?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2006, 07:58 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

I guess it will be bye bye for their business. Im with you Checkmate. Customer Service is where a lot of business fail and the best keep going....not even who has the better price, is who will stand behind their products....
Old 04-06-2006, 08:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Checkmate
Let me put it to you in plain english:

I don't give a damn how busy he is. I have a cam that is junk sitting in my garage and a car that has been waiting for a month now for a new cam.
He has a lot of very unhappy people here, if he keeps it up he will have all the time in the world because he will have no business.

And are you waiting for FMS to answer a call like the rest of us?
well BIG BOY why don't you buy a came from someone else if you don't want to wait? then when you get your new futral cam sell it to someone else. i have never seen a futral cam have problem selling for the asking price on this board. what i would do if i had a bad cam and couldn't get tham to answer the phone is... ship it to him with all the paper work that is needed and i'am sure that as soon as the new cores are ready and cam motion gets them cut they will be on there way back out. he does not cut the cams.

And no i'am not waiting for him to answer my calls! i choose to drive my happy *** over to his shop that is over 2 hours away. yes i could of had someone else build my setup that answers the phone every time i call. that is not what i CHOOSE to do! its all about a matter of choices!

and i was just letting you guys see it from my view. my post was not meant to turn anyone into SUPER DICK!

Last edited by EDawg; 04-06-2006 at 08:46 PM.
Old 04-06-2006, 09:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had a cam go bad as well. After an email, I sent my cam back to futral a little over a month ago. Guess what I just got in the mail today! A brand spankin' new f-13. Allan cam though, and im a happy customer. I did not call or email to check the status. Since candy left the company, thinsg have been a little backed up, but i figured it would get here as soon as it could, and calling dosnt make cammotion grind any faster.
Old 04-07-2006, 08:48 AM
TECH Senior Member

Unless you all can keep this on track, and leave the whining bullshit out of this thread, it will not last long.

Stay out of the thread if you aren't involved in this situation. Preaching to the choir and other bashing of Futral will not be tolerated. Complaining is one thing, but some of you guys bitch. Please recoginize the difference and keep it reasonable - not asking you all to be happy about the situation, just not go off on a rant every time you post.

The automotive performance industry doesn't quite work like all other industries, if you can't get use to waiting a little while then maybe you should buy a honda. 3 months is excessive, but a week or two is no big deal. I've NOT ONCE heard of Allan stiffing anyone.

Next comment about Allan's wife, will earn the user a permanent ban. She is no longer an employee of Futral Motorsports to the best of my knowledge, and therefor any negative comments concerning her will be considered a personal attack and will be deal with accordingly. Candy is a wonderful person and I have absolutely no tolerance for any comments against her.
Old 04-07-2006, 08:59 AM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Just for the Non-believers.

We lost four Comp cams in less then a year. It Happens.
Old 04-07-2006, 02:43 PM
11 Second Club

Guys, Like i have said in many other threads, as well as being mentioned here by several others. Im the only person working the front right now and due to my school schedule i can only work ~17 hours per week. Once summer hits i will be there full time answering phones and stuff so you shouldnt have any problems then. As for now, like previously stated, mondays are best for getting in touch with me since i am there all day. Tuesdays i am there from 2:30-5 and Wednesdays and Fridays I am only there from 9:30-11:30. Usually Mondays are the only days where i have time to respond to emails since the rest of the days I am swamped with orders that need to be shipped. I understand you all's frustration, but we really are trying the best we can to take care of you all. If you have a cam that you believe to be bad, and you can't get ahold of us, ship it back with a short letter explaining the problems and it will be taken care of, we will get a new cam out to you ASAP. Sorry for the long post but I hate to see people thinking that we dont care...
Old 04-07-2006, 02:46 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by EDawg
well BIG BOY why don't you buy a came from someone else if you don't want to wait? then when you get your new futral cam sell it to someone else. i have never seen a futral cam have problem selling for the asking price on this board. what i would do if i had a bad cam and couldn't get tham to answer the phone is... ship it to him with all the paper work that is needed and i'am sure that as soon as the new cores are ready and cam motion gets them cut they will be on there way back out. he does not cut the cams.

And no i'am not waiting for him to answer my calls! i choose to drive my happy *** over to his shop that is over 2 hours away. yes i could of had someone else build my setup that answers the phone every time i call. that is not what i CHOOSE to do! its all about a matter of choices!

and i was just letting you guys see it from my view. my post was not meant to turn anyone into SUPER DICK!
I'm not selling this cam because I don't sell bad parts.
Old 04-07-2006, 02:47 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by hawk232
Guys, Like i have said in many other threads, as well as being mentioned here by several others. Im the only person working the front right now and due to my school schedule i can only work ~17 hours per week. Once summer hits i will be there full time answering phones and stuff so you shouldnt have any problems then. As for now, like previously stated, mondays are best for getting in touch with me since i am there all day. Tuesdays i am there from 2:30-5 and Wednesdays and Fridays I am only there from 9:30-11:30. Usually Mondays are the only days where i have time to respond to emails since the rest of the days I am swamped with orders that need to be shipped. I understand you all's frustration, but we really are trying the best we can to take care of you all. If you have a cam that you believe to be bad, and you can't get ahold of us, ship it back with a short letter explaining the problems and it will be taken care of, we will get a new cam out to you ASAP. Sorry for the long post but I hate to see people thinking that we dont care...
I will call Monday, thank you for replying and if I can't reach you monday I'll send it back and hope for the best.
Old 04-07-2006, 03:44 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by hawk232

Well I'm staring to think otherwise. I still can't get a response back from anybody at FMS. I even sent you a PM and stated my situation to you and still no answer. I'm getting ready to take my business to another vendor. all that I'm asking is for some type of contact. Thats it........
Old 04-07-2006, 05:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Checkmate
I'm not selling this cam because I don't sell bad parts.
Old 04-07-2006, 06:07 PM
Launching!

guys be patient with them. I've always had great luck with getting ahold of them on monday's. Thats usually the only day i will try. Anyhow I'll try you guys monday, I'm sorry again i couldn't make my appointment monday and tueday this week. My grandmother went down hill sunday and passed away on monday. Sorry i was unable to give yall a better notice but this came very unexpected. Talk to yall soon.
Old 04-07-2006, 06:17 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
Just for the Non-believers.

We lost four Comp cams in less then a year. It Happens.

Man that sucks!!
Old 04-10-2006, 08:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Man you guys need to chill. I know you are in a rush, but good things come to those who wait. Futral has been known to be GREAT in the customer service department in the past, and I'm sure he will do everything possible to stay that way. I'm sure it's tough on him right now, just give him time to sort things out. If you need a cam right now that bad, just go somewhere else instead of bashing him.
Old 04-11-2006, 03:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Futral used to be known for great cams, great tuning, and great customer service. Ever since the hurricanes it seems like it has been just the opposite. Hopefully they can turn this around.

Quick Reply: Does Futral still exist?