LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Combination Motorsports, THE BEST!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2006, 12:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Combination Motorsports, THE BEST!!!

I was going to wait until the motor is in and running, but I will post the review as of now about them.....

I first met Dave at the "Las Vegas Invasion" back in Sept '05. I talked to him for a while, never met him before or talked to him before, he just sat down next to me and we ate lunch and chatted. Right off the bat, I could tell he was VERY personable and knew his stuff! He took the time to answer any stupid questions I had, give me advice on what to do and look for. I was telling him that I "one day" planned on doing a blown 408, and I would talk to him first about it. Well, about 2 months later my shortblock took it's last breath, and I was forced into getting a new motor. I was not in the position to do my blown 408 plan financially right now, and I'm one of those guys that likes to do things once and right, so I decided that a 347 rebuild was not what I would be happy with. So I called Dave and emailed some other shops about a 408 NA motor, and after deciding I went with CM. I then changed my mind and went to a LS2 402 setup, and Dave didn't give me any hard times, just changed the quote to the LS2 block and we were back on track.

Dave emailed me with updates, answered my questions, did whatever I asked him to do with the motor, like getting a crank gear for me since I didn't supply it, he supplied a rear cover for me since I couldn't get him one and was willing to let me send mine when I'm done in exchange. He had my heads flowed for me at an idependent shop, they put the entire mtor together for me, they allowed me to send the parts I had instead of making me buy new ones from them, like front cover, cam, rockers, heads, etc. They have detailed build sheets with their motors that show exactly how it was built, and I told him how I wanted it setup since it was a daily driver car and they were cool with that. He got me the pistons I wanted even though they didn't use them as their standard piston, etc.

We have spent a LOT of time on the phone, BS'ing and talking about the setup and my concerns, he never rushed me off the phone. Sam was totally cool when I had to talk to him, they run a well oiled machine over there and I couldn't be more pleased with the transaction so far.

They shipped the motor with absolute care, the crate was perfect when I picked it up, the motor was wrapped like crazy and had a ton of support all around it. Everything looks clean as can be and ready to rock and roll.

I would HIGHLY recommend EVERYONE to deal with Dave and Sam and the rest of the team at Combination Motorsports for anything you need, especially an engine build. The engine was done in about a month! It sat there for another month or so waiting for the heads to get done, and they didn't complain one second. I felt bad it sat there and took up room, but Dave said no biggy, it's safe and waiting for the rest of the parts.

Again, Thanks Dave and Sam, you guys are awesome, I will post more to this story when the motor is running and dynoed, but so far I can't find ONE thing to complain about.

When the car is running I will be taking a trip up there so you guys can see and hear it, and I want to take a tour of the facility if that's cool?

Big thumsb UP!
Old 04-20-2006, 01:43 PM
On The Tree

Wow, thanks Scott, sorry I didn't see this sooner.
I can't wait to hear it in anger.

I have to tell you, the Phoenix area customers that we have sent motors to have been some of the coolest guys I've ever dealt with.

Thanks guys.
Old 04-26-2006, 12:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah Dave is an awesome guy and Cmotorsports builds and puts out some real nice stuff. IM glad they became a sponsor on here
Old 05-02-2006, 01:05 PM
7 Second Club

Received 283 Likes on 187 Posts

I have to agree Scott! Combination motorsports definately treated me right and I recommend them to anybody who needs a new motor.

Quick Reply: Combination Motorsports, THE BEST!!!