LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

QTP fails again, WHAT A SHOCKER!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2006, 10:46 AM
Import Patrol

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default QTP fails again, WHAT A SHOCKER!!

I bought my first QTP electric cutout, last year off of ebay. And about 2 months later, the motor fell apart. I bought it used, so I could not really complain.

I bought another one from a sponsor here, and had them install it. Well 5 months later and only 500 miles, the damn butterfly valve falls off the damn thing. I take rest of the cutout off, and put the plate on. And that when the problems started. To make a long story short, the valve some how got sucked into my exhaust, causing a major block in flow. So I had to get the exhaust taken down, and get the valve out.

What does QTP say about this, they want me to pay them to fix their junk. But when they asked for my invoice number, and I told them I did not buy it directly from them, instead I went thru a shop. They won't do anything.

STAY AWAY FROM QTP P.O.S. parts!
Old 04-06-2006, 10:49 AM
Teching In

They failed on my headers delievery date for past 2 1/2 months.
Old 04-06-2006, 11:04 AM
Import Patrol

I think I learned my lesson with them. They are a total rip off!
Old 04-06-2006, 12:15 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by ImportPatrolWS6
I think I learned my lesson with them. They are a total rip off!
Here's the picture for you too, I figured i'd post it for ya
Old 04-06-2006, 12:27 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ImportPatrolWS6
Ity seems your stories changed from when you emailed us. Stating you bought 3 of our units and all had a problem. Not once did you call us. We would helped you out. We would found out why there was a problem. By you not calling us how are we supposed know there is problem. Then you email us about problems a year later. You said you didnt know they come with a warranty even though in box there is a 7 page installation guide with all the warranty info. And if some has a problem more than once we try to figure out why. And 99% of the time its installed wrong and hitting the chassis or hitting speed bumps. Even then we still help the customer out.

We do offer support if you buy though one of our dealers. You still have not emailed us your invoice with a purchase date to know if you bought them new or used.

Im sorry your are not happy with our answers but our units are built very well. 15,000 so far and growing.
Old 04-06-2006, 07:29 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Quick Time
You said you didnt know they come with a warranty even though in box there is a 7 page installation guide with all the warranty info. And if some has a problem more than once we try to figure out why.
Besides missing parts, I recieved no installation guide, no warranty info, nothing. Called and emailed numerous times and recieved no help at all. I have emails saying how there is "nothing special with installation," and now you come on here and say you include a 7 page installation guide?
Old 04-06-2006, 07:41 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

i bought 2 of their 3" cutouts 2 years ago, brand new from them.... BOTH of them did NOT work at all. they did fix them but it took about 4 weeks.
Old 04-06-2006, 08:09 PM
On The Tree

Wow thats crazy I have had my 3" cut out for 2yrs and works like the day i bought it
Old 04-07-2006, 08:17 AM
Import Patrol

Originally Posted by Quick Time
ImportPatrolWS6
Ity seems your stories changed from when you emailed us. Stating you bought 3 of our units and all had a problem. Not once did you call us. We would helped you out. We would found out why there was a problem. By you not calling us how are we supposed know there is problem. Then you email us about problems a year later. You said you didnt know they come with a warranty even though in box there is a 7 page installation guide with all the warranty info. And if some has a problem more than once we try to figure out why. And 99% of the time its installed wrong and hitting the chassis or hitting speed bumps. Even then we still help the customer out.

We do offer support if you buy though one of our dealers. You still have not emailed us your invoice with a purchase date to know if you bought them new or used.

Im sorry your are not happy with our answers but our units are built very well. 15,000 so far and growing.
Let me clearify my self. I forgot, that the first one I had was a DMH, so I did not have 3 I had 2! The first one went out, which I bought off of ebay, SO there was no install guide or warrenty crap. The next one, I got from speed, and they installed it. So I never go a box or papers. This was not something that failed do to installation, so you can stop making excuses. This failed because you sell JUNK!

You told me to give you an invoice number. However I told you that I do not have one since I bought it through speed inc. SInce I told you that you have not responded.

So as this started. You have junk and when the scrap falls apart, you expect the buyer, to pay to have it fixed. YOU STUFF IS CRAP!
Old 04-07-2006, 08:40 AM
TECH Senior Member

ImportPatrolWS6, I'd suggest that you calm down as nobody wants to deal with a hothead. That will help get things settled, and please quit throwing mud.

PM him your invoice number from Speed Inc and copy me on the PM. Once that happens, he can help you more. I'd like to see this resolved without any more shittalking.

Also, if you aren't directly involved in this situation, regardless of whether you've dealt with the sponsor before or not, do not post up. Feel free to make your own thread, but do not join in this one.

Quick Reply: QTP fails again, WHAT A SHOCKER!!