LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Speed Inc. - Good customer service, but problems with supplier (Resolved)

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2006, 09:16 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speed Inc. - Good customer service, but problems with supplier (Resolved)

I recently purchased a Dana S60 rear end as part of the GP the Speed Inc had going on, I called a week or so later and added a DS and I was assured that it would be shipped with the rear end. Larry was very prompt with all his responses, and also very patient with my myriad of questions. I waited my 4 weeks, sent an email on the 4th Friday and Larry let me know the rear end was shipping that day. Great news!!! I got the rear end Friday of last week, 4/7, and that's where it all went bad.

I received the rear end, cut the straps, and huh? No driveshaft to be seen. I call Speedinc, talk with some one on the phone who tells me that they'll get with Larry, I go on hold, then he gets back on and asks me if Larry had told me I needed to contact Martin at Strange. I told him no and he said that Larry would call me back. As promised, I get a call back about an hour later, Larry tells me he's sorry, but the DS is still sitting on the dock and didn't ship. He also said it was going out that day, and would arrive in a day or two. I thought it was resolved at that point.

Wednesday rolls around, still no DS, I send Larry an email, once again, a prompts response. He calls me later in the day after checking with Strange and this time he tells me it still hasn't shipped out because it hasn't been made yet. They were out of the yokes. Last I had heard it was sitting on the dock ready to go out. Larry promises me that it will go out on Thursday. This time I request a tracking number so that I can know when I may finally get my car back on the road. I wait all day Thursday, and still no call, no email, no tracking number.

Friday starts with me sending an email to Larry, then a while later an email to Martin and Larry. Only this brings a reply, and eventually, a tracking number. I'm still with out the DS, the tracking number doesn't work, and I'm guessing the DS that Larry promised would ship out Friday two weeks ago, and then again on Thursday of last week, may have finally shipped Friday. Via UPS tracking it should arrive today (Tuesday), a full week and a half past when it was promised.

Larry has promised me discounts on a future order, but that would mean giving them more money, and risking lengthy delays to receive products. I have been assured by Larry via multiple emails that it isn't his fault, and while I agree, it is his supplier and therefore his responsibility. I have asked Larry for a bit of compensation on this order due to the delays and misleading run around but he has declined. Larry did attempt to have the shipping changed to "Next day air" once it shipped out on Friday, but was unsuccesful. Sent Larry an email yesterday, again asking to make this right, as of now, still no response from Larry. At this point I can say, with confidence, that I will think long and hard before ordering anything from Speedinc in the future, regardless of the price.

Cliffnotes: Ordered Rearend and DS from Speedinc. One showed up, the other did not. Promised shipping multiple times, still no DS. Think it may have finally arive today. Larry blames Strange, won't do anything about it unless I order more merchandise from him
Old 04-18-2006, 09:48 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,099 Likes on 721 Posts

*Snip*
Originally Posted by fbody1
I have been assured by Larry via multiple emails that it isn't his fault, and while I agree, it is his supplier and therefore his responsibility. I have asked Larry for a bit of compensation on this order due to the delays and misleading run around but he has declined.
Sounds like Strange took a while before making the driveshaft. Sounds like Larry has really tried to expedite it. If he offered you a break on future purchases that's the way to go. Many places would just shrug and say it happens.

ADMIN
Old 04-18-2006, 09:52 AM
Staging Lane

Larry has offerend me a credit that I feel is equitable. I would like to again say that I feel his Customer Service was great, I was just not happy with the continual passing of responsibility. My analogy would be that if I place an order with Best Buy for a DVD player and I'm given a shipping date of x/x and it doesn't ship on that date, I hold Best Buy responsible and when I complain, I complain to them, not Sony or who ever makes the DVD player.
Old 04-18-2006, 10:08 PM
wrencher

I have been to strange first hand & seen the operation.
That place is crazy busy. They have stuff all over the place & 12's 9's & S60 are not even the majority of the buisness.

Quick Reply: Speed Inc. - Good customer service, but problems with supplier (Resolved)