LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Patience wearing thin with J&J speed shop

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2006, 04:13 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thumbs down Patience wearing thin with J&J speed shop

First off I have to say that I purchased a 12 bolt moser from them and they gave me a good deal and I recieved it right away. Because of this good sevice I ordered a 3'' cromoly driveshaft from them. I ordered this Friday April 7th. I recieved an invoice for my order the following Monday April 10th. About 2 weeks went by and I didnt have anything so I called and spoke to them directly and was told that they would get back to me on the progress of the order. I didnt hear back. I have since left several messages on their answering machine, emailed them several times, and pmed a few times. It has been over a month and a half and I still dont have my driveshaft, and I havent recieved a single word back about my order. I have been more than patient until now. Hopefully this gets resolved quickly, I hate that it had to come to this.
Old 05-26-2006, 04:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Did they give you any sort of lead time?

I've never done business with J&J, but when I had my custom driveshaft made, it took ~3 weeks. Looks like you're going on 6 weeks now, tho. That's, well, odd.

Did you pay with credit card? Did they charge it already?
Old 05-26-2006, 07:21 PM
TECH Veteran

If you paid by CC and dont have it by 90 days and your CC has been charged,DO NOT let it go past 90. I know you can still get your card credited back after 90 days but its a lot eaiser if you do it BEFORE the 90 day mark.
Old 05-30-2006, 04:18 PM
TECH Regular

Default credit card

Yeah I paid by credit card, and fortunately they havent billed me yet either. I think I will probably end up canceling the order and ordering one from another sponser. Do you recomend anyone that can get me a driveshaft fast and for a descent price?
Old 05-30-2006, 04:23 PM
Restricted User

It's crunch time right now, lots of people ordering parts for summer time and racing. It's sometimes even tough for vendors to get parts from suppliers. Also take into consideration it was Memorial Day weekend and some people take the entire week and/or part of the week off for vacation. They are good people, I'm sure they'll come through for you.
Old 05-30-2006, 08:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by fastGBcamaro
Yeah I paid by credit card, and fortunately they havent billed me yet either. I think I will probably end up canceling the order and ordering one from another sponser. Do you recomend anyone that can get me a driveshaft fast and for a descent price?
Hi
considering they have not charged your CC, that is good news. why not give them a chance. If they charged your CC, then you would a good bitch but they didn't, things happen.
thanks
Bill
Old 05-31-2006, 05:30 PM
TECH Regular

Default a chance?

I feel like I have been giving them a chance for over 6 weeks. They have not got back to a me a single time about any progress what so ever. I f I just got an email, pm, or phone message saying that it will be a couple of weeks I would be ok with that but they have not responded to any of my attempts to contact them.
Old 06-02-2006, 02:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Wow, 6 weeks, and they won't reply to you? That's no way to win over customers! Sounds like they simply dropped the order. I don't care who you are, it does NOT take 6 weeks to build a driveshaft. 2-3 weeks, max.

I'd cancel.
Old 06-02-2006, 02:42 PM
TECH Veteran

Ive never waited for more than a week for a driveshaft. Most I have picked up the same day. Obvuiously thier source is backed up...but atleast they didnt charge you yet. Thats a good sign.

Find a local drivshaft shop. They can make one for you in a day. Same quaility.
Old 06-02-2006, 03:35 PM
7 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not to bash either, but dropping the ball and not giving you a simple call or e-mail in 6 weeks time, whether your card is charged or not, is complete BS. I'd cancel and order elsewhere (likely they'll scramble when you try and cancel).

Derek

Quick Reply: Patience wearing thin with J&J speed shop