LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

UPS sucks, had to drive accross town to get a package--scam attempt?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2006, 07:35 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default UPS sucks, had to drive accross town to get a package--scam attempt?

I ordered a big block chevy deep oil pan, I was tracking it up to today. Got home from work and it says it's been delivered but it wasn't here. Got online and it said it was delivered to another town.
Called UPS, they gave me the address to where it was delivered to, not in the other town but about 15 minutes away.
I hauled *** over there to see whats going on. Two car garage, one door up, a primered third gen f-body in there, something old behind the closed door.
I thought scam.
I saw a box by the front door, got out of my truck, picked it up IT HAD MY ADDRESS ON IT! Which BTW is nowhere near or similiar to the place it was at.
I grabbed it up like a football and looked around for someone to talk to.
There was a guy in back with a weed eater, got his attention, he said he called UPS to come get it. There was a tiny sticker on it with his street name, my address number. He said his house was the only one on that street, it looked like it.
But he also said he called ups to come get it, well before I got there I was on the phone with ups for 1/2 hour, I would think they would have known he called and would have told me it's scheduled to be picked up.

Anyone know about ups labels? I'm looking at the little sticker with the other guys street address on it and there is a print date on it of today at 6:13pm, thats about 15 minutes before I was talking to them on the phone.
UPS tracking shows it delivered at 2:06 pm.

Somethings up with all this.

I know this has nothing to do with sponsor feedback but I would guess a large percentage of sponsor parts deliveries are shipped by UPS.
Old 06-11-2006, 11:46 AM
Staging Lane

The label your talking about is called a PAL (preload assist label). It probably has a different number and letter designation on it like C65 or D32 as well as a color written on it (red, blue, grey, etc.) is this correct? Each ups employee that handles that package after that label has been attached is supposed to make sure that label matches the actual address label. The different letter, number, and color designations simply tell the different employees where the package is supposed to go, like a certain conveyer belt will be red belt. What evidently happened in your situation is that a glitch somewhere got the numbers of your address correct but somehow messed up the street name and no one caught it. The little computer that the ups driver carries with him has the address of all his stops in it but the address in his computer is whatever address is on that little PAL label and if it wasnt correctly matched to the actual address label and he doesnt think to check it then thats how something like that happens. The fact that the guy happened to have an F-body is probably a coincidence. Hope this helps?
Old 06-11-2006, 11:49 AM
Staging Lane

Also as far as the time written on the tag thats probably the time from the day before when it was actually going through the system. Check the date on the label?
Old 06-11-2006, 01:37 PM
Banned

I don't know, the small label has no color, it just has the tracking number, no barcode,
It has P:MF2, S:IN, I:225. under it is 09C-4140 under that the tracking number.
It has the date it was printed, the time was 6:13 which is close to when I was talking to them in the evening, I later found out they use military time so that obviously was printed in the morning.
Plus even though the house number they delivered it to was different than any number on the box, it was actually the only house on the street.

It's just very uncomfortable because once I find out tuesday what undersize my bearings need to be I'm going to place a $900 order from Summit.

But speaking of Summit their box shipped FedEx was on my front porch Friday, a day earlier than expected.
All I care is that I did get it. Hope it doesn't happen again.
Old 06-12-2006, 10:27 AM
TECH Senior Member

I've had that happen before with a set of wheels. 3 of the wheels made it to my house on Oakley Court. The 4th was delivered to Oakley Lane (but different house number). 4 identical boxes with the same name and address on all 4.

Fortunately Oakley Lane was about 2 blocks away, and the good neighbors just brought me my wheel.

Quick Reply: UPS sucks, had to drive accross town to get a package--scam attempt?