LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

The Truth About Hi Flo Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2006, 05:49 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is a reason people get nervous. And here is an example of why :

https://ls1tech.com/forums/ap-engineering-complaints/308019-response-recent-ape-posts.html

He came on here blowing about how all is well and everyone will get what they paid for and we know now thats not exactly what happened..... I mean with excuses and everything it almost feels to people like the same situation is going down. You may not mean it to seem that way but it starts to follow suit like it is.

I'm not saying what happened there will happen here. And the kit looks awesome and I don't doubt its performance. But man you guys need to keep in contact with these people. I move a ton of volume at the business I run and I get tons of calls a day and I make sure each and every one of my customers hears from me no matter what it takes. It is very important they know that if they wanted to they could pick up the phone and talk to you or leave a message and hear back from you in a decent ammount of time on the same day. It may put things off a little but just that little phone conversation goes a long long way. It's hard for people to put so much into something they can't even see. Thats why its important you give them the best you can and thats yourself. If you can't show them what kind of business you run then show them what kind of person you are. If you respect your cutomer they will give you the same respect back.

Again I am not a customer. But I very much wanted to be. I'm hoping all goes well soon and you guys deliver a killer kit and a great price and everyone is happy and you prosper.

Good luck to you Hi Flo and I hope you can put an end to these problems.
Old 07-08-2006, 07:39 PM
On The Tree

Hahahahah you guys KILL me.....but for future reference....in ANY business you ALWAYS UNDER PROMISE and OVER DELIVER.....on that note....any real turbo kit w/o tubular manifolds is a waste of time and money...and also...this taking money before kits are MONTHS from shipping IS B.S.....it needs to stop...grow up....morgage your house...whatever it takes....WE ALL UNDERSTAND THAT GETTING A RUNNING KIT COST MUCH $$$.....but last time I checked you have to risk alot to gain alot. I just think its sad when people put up hard earned money...get their hopes up...and then are forced to wait without any inssurance of a final product.(phamspeed, Turbo tech, others) We all know suppliers like to screw around....but that shouldn't be the CUSTOMERS PROBLEM. Sorry about the rant...good luck with your kits...and as a final note.... a nice trickflow or AFR setup w/ cam, bolt on's and 100 shot will drag alot of these turbo setups for about $4000 on the high end.
Old 07-08-2006, 08:04 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 417 Motorsports
like i said before 321, although its better quality and more pure, due to its thermal expansion charicteristics its more prone to crack when used for street use.

that and what difference does it make it it passes x-ray if it still looks like ****? Welding something like this is mostly cosmetic since the thin wall tubing usually cracks on the side of the weld anyway, not the weld itself. Thin wall stainless in any kind of vibrating area always has issues. Especially when exposed to extreme heat. Not only does it have to be welded right, the whole design and structure has to be built secure and reinforced..brackets, gussets, ect..
Old 07-08-2006, 10:03 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Its so childish that this thread even had to be started.

I hope all you say is tru Bill, mostly because your customers deserve, not only a good kit... but they deserve a red carpet treatmentt from here on out.

STC failed... Hi-Flo's got a terrible rep...and was earned.... You will have to dig your way out.... but I beleive that these things can be overcome, and Hi-Flo can survive, and maybe thrive..if that is their intention.

Perhaps spending some of the $750,000 on a few quality employess would be a good start. Ones to deal with people.

My gut at the moment... not good. I'll say it again, prove me wrong.

I frankly dont think you built in enough profit to motivate yourselves to get this kit out.

Last edited by Jammer; 07-09-2006 at 03:39 PM.
Old 07-08-2006, 10:44 PM
TECH Addict

I've got a crazy idea....shut the **** up, and deliver the god damn kits already and stop bullshitting the readers and cutsomers.

All we want to see is a good product that is delivered to the customer. We don't give a **** about your lifetime warranty because by the time a weld cracks you'll be under like every other company.

Good luck, I like your kit design and hope everything works out
Old 07-08-2006, 11:16 PM
Launching!

I am not a purchasing customer, simply because I own a C4 vette and I am unaware of anyone who makes a turbo kits for our cars including STS rear mounts. so I was forced to build one myself.. It took almost 5 times longer then I initially estimated and I am not sure I would want to try to duplicate it. several small glitches along the way were disheartening but I take a great deal of pride in my work and craftsmanship, so i went the extra to refine the system as it was built..

I think alot of this is probably true of the HiFlo kits.. the first few sets are going to be the hardest to produce.. you will deal with outsourced work companies that will under bid the job to get it then realize too late their mistake and that job order becomes less important as they are upset at the amount of work they are doing for such a little amount of money. on the other hand that outsourced company will not be re-used and the price to complete that work will be raised to avoid another under bid or will be awarded to another company at a higher price who can GAURANTEE completion of service in a timely manner.. not much like the posts I have read by some of the people deposited on these kits. Yes this is going on behind curtains of the business process I am sure as it does in many companies and should not be put in front of the end buyer as an excuse... but if thats what is happening it is a line of communication to keep the deposited buyer abreast of progress.

I firmly agree with many of the previous posts that once this kit is on the market and the supplier chain is solid, the outsourced work chain is solid, and the kits are being produced on a strong functioning time line with the kinks worked out of production.. more accurate time frames for shipping will be formed, kits will be manufactured and stock will begin to accumulate. If this was ATI in their first months of business and were hit with an order.. do you think they would be able to deliver as they initially suspected? the mistake was brought up of over promising, I won't beat that in further as They are aware and I am sure have been every time the phone rings, they have to stop work and take twice as long to get back into what they were doing whether leaving a wrench by the phone etc etc.. little things for a small company take their toll.

the end buyers have been waiting with little or no knowledge and perhaps some broken promises which will require a great deal of rectifying before trust can be re-established if it ever will. this is a fact... but I think those who hang in there and get the kit will be pleasantly surprised and genuinely happy with the result of such a well thought out kit.. YOU SIMPLY CANNOT BUILD THESE WITH THE PARTS AND MATRIALS USED FOPR THE PRICE THEY ARE OFFERING. PERIOD!!!!!

trust me I pinch pennies and worked on a "budget" I am envious of the guys who can drive their cars while waiting for the kits to arrive.. I did not have that luxury. but yes procharger arrives in a week.. their R&D is lack luster.. they have been rude to me on the phone, very un-informative to fixes to their C4 drive systems.. maybe its not like that in the F-body community, but I paid good money for a supercharger kit and should have received the same service for that money.. maybe because the forced induction section on the corvette boards is smaller they care less about us getting word out of bad service who knows.. but to say they are good in every aspect is just NOT TRUE they also have faults.

I am rooting for Hi-Flo, they are building a good product.. they were excited about telling everyone on here about it.. had they waited and turned out the product only after having sets in stock ready to ship.. perhaps you would have bought something else and then posted a thread that they should have come forth with news sooner and you would have been happier with their kit.. either way for those who wait.. I am pulling for you.. for those not waiting I understand your grief and aggravation, but think it through.. you're near the end.. and you will just be more upset to settle for something you had already talked yourself out of when everyone else is installing their kits and you are reading their posts... just offering some words of wisdom.. maybe just a few more days...???? rests on you guys to make the call, but if it only took 9 months for me to get a kit or even 1 year... hmmm I would have been thrilled.. especially since this kit is about 1/3 of what I have invested.

Chris

Last edited by lcvette; 07-08-2006 at 11:24 PM.
Old 07-08-2006, 11:41 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just WOW at some of these responses.
Old 07-09-2006, 01:04 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sound like they bit offf more than they can chew.It take a lot to mass produce a product. Money and time. Me my self i would have made the kits like 5 at a time and sell em as i make em. Give the costumers a chioce either wait for the kit or find a nother kit. a lot of the guys are right communication is very very important and when a person put down a deposit it becomes even more important to work with the person that gave you the money. The kits are nice from what i seen, hope you guys get things together.
Old 07-09-2006, 01:32 PM
Launching!

It is obviously they were out to make a quick buck at the fourm members expense. Wen your kits are all copies and you put in minimal work of your own to make them work. It is not like you had to do research or have any design time. You ripped off other companies kits, and you can't get them out. What exactly is the hold up on the kit. Please don't say it is all the quality you put into the kit. That is just BS. You took others designs, and made them out of SS, which is a bad idea to begin with, and pawned them off as your own. I wouldn't buy one of these kit just becasue you lack of service and your bad business practices.

The only reason i would like to see you produce some, is so everyone gets what they paid for.

If the 70K of the members money didn't matter to you, why did you take it upfront?
Old 07-09-2006, 01:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

kinda funny how marco got his corvette kit "designed" (cough hp kit cough) and installed before the f-body kits went out.
Old 07-09-2006, 01:39 PM
10 Second Club

communication is key no matter what business you're in.
Old 07-09-2006, 01:44 PM
Banned

Willem @ Fuel Injection Concepts's Avatar

Again, whose kit did we copy for the F-Body? Again, we did not copy the HP kit for the vette, the turbos are just in the same place. EVERY PART IS COMPLETELY DIFFERENT. This takes just as long to design as a kit from scratch.
Old 07-09-2006, 01:51 PM
12 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

I hope it all works out for you Bill... Sorry you ran into some trouble getting those turbos finished... Good luck.
Old 07-09-2006, 01:54 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by algws6
kinda funny how marco got his corvette kit "designed" (cough hp kit cough) and installed before the f-body kits went out.
Kind of funny how everyone expects turbo kits to be unique, there are only so many places to put a turbo, crawl under your car and look around for a few hours, you can pretty much figure out every way that a pipe can be routed and everyone has tried most of the combos.

For example we've designed a lt1 kit and it is actually almost identical to the turbozone kit which we had never heard of before when our kit was made, infact i don't think turbo zone was a sponsor until recently, but we did all our design work with a LT1 in the air and through many hours of fitment testing, welding bend by bend making sure everything fit.
Old 07-09-2006, 02:12 PM
TECH Resident

Some of you people need to close your yappers if you dont know what your talking about. If you think i might be talking about you, i probably am. KNow what yoru talking about dont repeat something you heard in another thread on another board from your sisters cousins aunts dog.
Old 07-09-2006, 07:03 PM
Banned

Ohhhh I'm so tempted to call BS on this thread. But instead I'll ask a couple of questions.

1. Why is it that of the 3 kits mentioned (Fbody, Vette, 5.0) the Fbody one was the only one that you guys took deposits on? Like you said Bill, not like you needed the 70K.

2. Why is it that this kit took so damn long to produce when the 5.0 and Vette kits were already done? Or are they? http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...1&postcount=23 Thought you said you were holding off on selling the Vette kits until the Fbody kits were done. Hmmm So are you lying to us on Tech or them on CorvetteForum? Here's a link to the whole thread. http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...1425348&page=2

3. Why is it that on CorvetteForum you guys go by STC instead of Hi Flo? Different companies? So who makes the Vette kit?
Old 07-09-2006, 07:31 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by jeeves744
Is hi flow ever going to explain why turbols1SS had prochager books in his one box?
I would also like an explanation to THIS ******* MOVE?
Old 07-09-2006, 09:26 PM
Teching In

I'm going to say this with as much reserve as I can, call your CC companies, get your money back, when they do decide to **** eveyrone and declare bankrupcy, your never going to see a cent...and 70 isnt allot, being 1/10th of your investment, you've obviously never been in business, and I find it insulting you talk about people's money like that. Because you have some big backer your suddenly not worried about seventy grand, stop bullshitting, give them their money back, and go troll around a honda forum, they'll atleast put up with your ****, here , this is just old, stupid, and full of broken promises from a company that has nothing to show but a laughable bunch of excuses....and a promise of a great kit, but guess what....where's the kit?...

Short and sweet, im staying out of this, but IMHO, get your money back...if they don't need your 70k..it should be refunded promptly and easily...right?? Just try and get it back, you can always buy one again if it works out......bet you never see a cent..

and in the real world, **** gets done..it's not anyone's problem but your own you forked over a bunch of cash to make your kit polished, pretty, blue, green who the **** cares, send people what they paid for...This bs with the manufacturing process, who the hell are you using, basement fabrication? IF YOU HAD ANY BUSINESS SENSE YOU'D CONTRACT THE MANUFACTURING AND IF THE COMPANY VOIDED THE CONTRACT OR DIDNT ADHERE YOU COULD SUE THEM VERY EASY..I cant wait for the attack to come on my post here...enjoy living in la la land...with that 70,000 bucks you just STOLE (and yes, you took their money, you gave them nothing...that's stealing, until you give them their money back , or send them a complete kit...you're not anything but a crook..and 3 months is too long, most people could've made their own damn kit for that...1 year, ****..)ok, so lets say you took it from allot of members, keep feedin em bullshit..I suggest as i said, you refund them until you get your act together...

And people are still putting up with your garbage, just wait until someone gets the ***** to get a lawyer, then your backer won't be too pleased that your under investigation for fraud...and about ten other things I can think of just off the top of my head, your playing a dangerous game, and keep this crap up, you will get burned..so I suggest you stop coming up with these stupid upbeat posts to make people feel good, ship, or refund, noone cares about anything else..

Last edited by rocked; 07-09-2006 at 09:51 PM.
Old 07-09-2006, 10:34 PM
Sawzall and Welder Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi-Flo-
Being a business owner myself I'm curious how you spent over $700K getting this turbo kit off the ground.
Old 07-09-2006, 10:34 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Whistler
Hi-Flo-
Being a business owner myself I'm curious how you spent over $700K getting this turbo kit off the ground.
I'm sure purchase of the building they are in had something to do with it.

Quick Reply: The Truth About Hi Flo Turbo