LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Forced Inductions:: UPDATE 1.5.07 PARTS SHIPPED

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2006, 11:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Forced Inductions:: UPDATE 1.5.07 PARTS SHIPPED

Well... I Place an order from Forced Inducions on Nov.17. I ordered tubing for the hot side of my twin turbo set up. When I talked to Jose on the phone, he said everything should be in stock, and I should recieve the package before Thanksgiving. I asked him to call when he shipped it, and give me a total on the price before he chared my card. Thanksgiving came, and no call or parts.

I been working out of state, so I only have a limited amount of time to work on my car. I was a little pissed about not getting my parts, but didnt understand why I didnt get a phone call. When I went back to work, I called Forced Inductions. I was told that they were out of the 45* bends I was needing, and would have to order them. That was O.K. because I wouldnt be home until X-mas anyway.

My wife called me when the package showed up.( Dec. 7th) I never got a call on the price before it was shipped like I was suppose to. I called my credit card and there was a charge of $650.00. I thought that was a little high for mild steel.

When I got home on the 21st. I opened the package. There was parts missing! No LS1 engine flanges, no 3" straits, no tight 1 3/4" U-bends!! Not even a packing list or ANY paper work!!!

I called Forced Inductions. I was told that they had their supplier send me the parts directly. They told me they would call and find out why the other parts wasnt shipped. I asked if I could get the parts as soon as possable, or a least by the 29th, because I was only home for the holidays and will be leaving on the 2nd of Jan. I also said I wanted a list of what I was charged for. He said no problem.

The past two days Ive been trying to get in touch with them. I keep getting the answering machine. I left a message, but didnt recieve a return call. And of corse I didnt get my parts! Now I have to wait until I come back home next time to work on the headers. That wont be until Feb. and I will only be home for the weekend.

Im about ready to send the parts back for a refund. Im sure I could find some other place that has better customer support, and be able to get me the parts by Feb. I just figured that I bought the turbos and WG's from them, that I would just deal with them for the rest of the pieces, but what a mistake!

This is what I got for $650.00 All is mild steel.....
7- 1 3/4" (3 1/4") U-bends (I only ordered 4 of these)
4- 1 3/4 90*s
4- 1 3/4 45*s
2- T4 flanges
4- WG flanges
2- collectors (stamped cheap ones)
2- 3" 90*s
2- V band clamps

Im sure Force Inductions will straiten all this out. (sometime anyway) But their lack of customer support and broken promises have rued the chances of me placing anymore orders with them in the future.

Thanks - Ron

Last edited by TT402LS1; 12-30-2006 at 01:02 PM.
Old 12-30-2006, 04:06 PM
TECH Veteran

They are most likely closed for the holidays though some are responding in email.

For anyone doing a build of any sort make sure you have all your parts *first* before setting any dates. It is not uncommon to have suppliers keep pushing back their supply delivery dates to the Sponsor. Please remember that when a Sponsor says "No Problem", they are looking at an invoice with a delivery date to them and expect that is when all will show up. There can also be extra time if there are any custom fits which is why, again, you should have all parts in hand before setting a build date.
Old 12-31-2006, 08:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

So everything is IN STOCK! AND 6 weeks (and counting) isnt too long to wait???? And no CALL BACKS to keep me updated? Charge my card without my O.K.! Didnt respond to MY PM's!......This is just poor customer service!
Old 12-31-2006, 12:03 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,099 Likes on 721 Posts

So you intend to keep stuff or return it?

ADMIN
Old 12-31-2006, 02:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Dont have the time to return it now. Im flying out tues. morning, and the UPS store is closed till tues. I'll give them until Feb. (which is very fair) But after that, its all going back! Im not going to call, Im going to wait and see if they step up to the plate and fix things on their own. But so far in the last six weeks, I never got one phone call or PM or e-mail! This order will still be the last one I place thew them!

Ron
Old 12-31-2006, 05:11 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by TT402LS1
Well... I Place an order from Forced Inducions on Nov.17. When I talked to Jose on the phone, he said everything should be in stock,
There is a difference between "should be in stock" and "we have it in stock" which is why I mentioned it.
Always be clear when ordering between those two statements.

I called Forced Inductions. I was told that they had their supplier send me the parts directly. They told me they would call and find out why the other parts wasnt shipped. I asked if I could get the parts as soon as possable, or a least by the 29th, because I was only home for the holidays and will be leaving on the 2nd of Jan. I also said I wanted a list of what I was charged for. He said no problem.
A drop ship will most likely not have any paperwork as that would be B2B though you did ask for a specific line item billing. That could have been sent to you at any time.
Always follow up with a pm, email, and snail mail address so no avenue of contact is missed. If you do not receive a response/information within a week of any holiday, then that would be a good time to bring up the matter so it is not left to the last minute for action.

Im about ready to send the parts back for a refund.
So far you do not have the proper paperwork to support the charge(s) on your card or so it seems (I do not know what FI has on record). You may want to request, in email/fax or snail mail, a specific line item charge sheet before you leave so it will arrive before you return in a month. Just about any shop will at least give you an estimate up front with a disclaimer it may cost more but would need your authorization to charge that amount. Unless you missed something in all the packing, it seems you did not get that invoice. That could have been sent to you and should have been done *before* the order was finalized.

If you have all the packing the parts came in you can still return what has been shipped to you thus far. The UPS stores will be open as well as independent packing and shipping centers, USPS can ship insured confirmation (though they will be closed Jan 2nd). Ground shipping is an option or you can ask for an RA# from Forced Inductions to have it picked up from a specific address (where your wife works? A neighbor?) after you leave.

This would be if you are truly not satisfied with their service overall and can find another company that will have the parts you want delivered by a specific date and no later - though with the holidays over it may be easier to send and receive items as promised.

If you have someone that can converse with FI while you are gone with all parts and charges to your satisfaction shipped out, it is also an option since you do have some of what you need already.
Old 01-01-2007, 09:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Everything WAS in stock except the 45*s. I was told that is the reason the package didnt ship right away (before Thangsgiving) When I got the order the 45* were there, but the engine flanges, 2- 3" straits, and 4- tight ubends wasnt. Why wernt they sent, if they were in stock? And why did I get 7 u-bends? I ordered 4- "regular type" u-bends and 4- "tight" u-bends.

I called several times.Most of the time getting an answering machine. When I did get thew, it was "no problem" - "I'll give you a call before we ship it". When I asked if they could get this sorted out before the weekend (Dec.29th) They sais "no problem" - "I'll give you a call before friday" When I made the order I told them I was gonna PM them, so all they needed to do was PM me back with the price and when it was shipping. They told me to include the order number,Which I did. The PM was read, but never replied to.

I asked for a "ballpark figure" when I placed the order. I was told "Its not gonna be too bad, mild steel is 1/3 the price of 321 stainless". Thats why I wanted the price before my card was charge. Nothing was sent. When I talked to FI they didnt know what was sent or why some peices was sent. How can they charge me and not even know what was shipped or what I was charge for? I put this order on my Visa. They have a record of the charges.

I dont know about where your from, but here the UPS store is closed today. Along with the post office, banks, etc... I fly out tomarrow at 6:15am. This hole thing is a mess, but it wouldnt be so bad if they would just inform me on whats going on. Insted of telling me they will call, and never do.

Like I said before. I'll ride it out with them. Im sure they should be able to get it straiten out sometime. I used to be a bodyshop manager before I change professions. I know how crazy a shop can get, especially around the holidays. But I never left any of my customers in the dark. And I always returned calls. I can understand being late on a deadline (I was once or twice a year) but I always called and gave them a reason. (even if it was my fault)

Yes, I have some of the parts I need. Im always able to call or talk to them while Im on the road. I have my cell with me at all times. And I have a lap top. FI has all my info (so they say) but NEVER got a call or e-mail or PM yet.
Old 01-01-2007, 02:39 PM
TECH Veteran

On a drop ship it wouldn't be uncommon to have 7 u-bends show up. Those were most likely supposed to go to FI and on the shelf then pulled for orders. My guess is they were trying to get your order out but had other parts coming from drop shipments - and didn't check invoices to see what went where.

If FI sends you an invoice (best would be to request one with the next shipment of all parts) then you will know if you are being charged properly.

As for what is open and what isn't, USPS shows they are open, UPS is only picking up overnights and most independent pack and ship centers are open.
Do you still have the packing to send back the wrong bends once they do contact you? Ask for an RA# to return the wrong U bends.

Post up as soon as you are settled as to what they are going to do to resolve this situation. They may have some claims on lost shipping over this which wouldn't surprise me given the time of year.
Old 01-04-2007, 04:52 PM
TECH Veteran

Just got the time to call Forced Inductions about your order.

The remaining parts you need were shipped yesterday (January 3). Tracking number was not handy and I don't like holding them up from getting to another customer looking for it (and I am also not the customer calling). If you call or pm them they will send/give over the phone the tracking number.

The invoice is also ready and will be sent.

You will have a total of 11 U-bends once the entire shipment is complete as they wanted to get you all the parts asap. This caused another drop ship that had U bends that should have gone on the shelf. Please ship those back when you are in town to do the build as they are not paid for parts.

The correct statement of "the parts are in stock" is true: at the time you called they were showing on the computer system as being available. However, with numerous orders coming in hourly, their computers did not update as their other centers were also taking orders. It is also why FI did a drop ship instead of waiting to get the parts to their center then sending them out to you.
This should have been made clear to you once you placed the complete order.

Now that the remaining parts are on their way, do you have someone to sign for them or make sure to pick them up and place them with the other parts? Let us know on that and if someone can notify you when the parts arrive.

Hope the build goes smoothly once you get back,

GEARHED
Old 01-05-2007, 10:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks. Hopfully all the parts are correct this time (with nothing missing).But as I said before, I asked,and they said they will call me when they get everything figured out. And again, no call or PM. I can understand they may be busy. But they need to increase staff if they can not give the customer proper support, or info when needed.

Thanks again, I will keep everyone updated once I get my parts.
Old 01-09-2007, 07:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

[QUOTE=GEARHED]Just got the time to call Forced Inductions about your order.

The remaining parts you need were shipped yesterday (January 3). Tracking number was not handy

The invoice is also ready and will be sent.

Well, nothing yet. Not a call, or PM, e-mail, Invoice, Or package! IF it was shipped on the 3rd, I would have had it by Friday (3 days shipping) or defentily by Monday (yesterday the 8th). Funning how the tracking number wasnt "handy" at the time.
Old 01-09-2007, 02:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well, just got an E-mail from Jose. He gave me the tracking number for my order. It wasnt shipped when you talked to him (GEARHED) It shipped on Friday the 5th. The package is on time and should be here tomarrow (Wed the 10th). Hopefully everthing is right this time, but I wont hold my breath.

Ron
Old 01-09-2007, 04:24 PM
TECH Veteran

You are gone and Forced Inductions decides to double check to make sure it is the proper parts before shipping it two days later.

My guess is instead of a drop ship where you would have too many U bends to ship back to them, they checked your invoice to ensure the proper amount of parts were in the box.
Old 01-09-2007, 06:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GEARHED
You are gone and Forced Inductions decides to double check to make sure it is the proper parts before shipping it two days later.

My guess is instead of a drop ship where you would have too many U bends to ship back to them, they checked your invoice to ensure the proper amount of parts were in the box.
No, YOU said THEY told you it was shipped on the 3rd. When something is shipped, it out the door and on its way! Your just making excuses for them for what ever reason. They have never been honest from the beginning. They never once said they were sorry, or even gave me a good reason for the delay. Just the run around like you got when you called.

Your guess............ Well, my guess is they screwed up and is passing it off one someone else. They could at least hold up to the responsablity the they made a mistake. (everyone does once in a while) And be honest about it!

Ron
Old 01-09-2007, 07:16 PM
TECH Veteran

You wanted emails as you have mentioned you are out of town. That has happened with a tracking number.

If you are still leary of doing business with Forced Inductions, then there is still the option of shipping back the parts you have gotten thus far and ordering through someone else.

Please make a decision either way. There are other members who have asked me to contact other Sponsors about orders who also are waiting for parts. Holiday Shipping was the typical back log as it is every year, it clears up around the 17th of January.
Old 01-10-2007, 04:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well, just few in this morning (ran out of work in NC) in time to get my package from Forced Inductions. Just as suspected........ ALL parts were wrong! And still no detailed invoice of the charges. And nothing in the mail either! I tried to call, but of coarse, they didnt answer. (they must have caller ID)

The holes for the exhaust pipes, in the LS engine flanges are too big. They are for 1 7/8" Im making 1 3/4" They would be OK if I was gonna mig them, but Im tigging them because I want it to do a professional job on them.

Than the U bends.......... I ordered "tight" U bends with an 1" space between them. I got the same ones I already have too many of!!!! WTF?

And heres the best......... I ordered 2 strait 3" peices. They took a 3" U bend and cut it in half!!!!! WTF again!!!!!!!!!

I dont know about everyone else but Im very fead up with this ****! I am amazed! I cant believe they sent this out! AND they took "two extra days" to get it right?? LOL......BS!

Ron
Old 01-11-2007, 01:40 PM
TECH Veteran

Just talked with Jose, seems one thing I figured was spot on - improper measurement of parts ordered.

Now that you have an email from Forced Inductions the ball is in your court. You can either send all the parts back for a *full* refund or try to fab it yourself. If you fail on the latter I do not want to hear about it in this section, the Forced Inductions forum will help you with your build.

Just a note: this is not an argument forum. The business with FI is done with them having done everything possible to get you your parts.
Old 01-11-2007, 04:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

When I ordered the parts I told them I needed U-bends that have a 2" space between the tubes. I havent built headers before, so I really didnt know the "proper" way of measure them, but I explained it the best I could. I guess it was just some miss comunication between us. (FI & myself) My bad.

I still havent recieved an invoice for the parts. I asked in the e-mail I sent FI, but they answerd all my questions except that one. They are sending me the 2- 3"x 3' that I need. (I didnt get it in the first package. And the second one, i was sent a 3" U-bend that was cut in half)

They (FI) didnt do everthing to get me my parts. In fact, the only thing they did was order it from another company. They told me THEY had the parts. If I knew they were gonna order from another company, I would have delt with that company directly. Instead, they orderd the parts from them and when the order got messed up, they just blamed it on them. When you get too many people involed, things get messed up. Im only a little pissed about the order be messed up. What ready pisses me off is I didnt get returned phone calls like I was promessed. When I say "give me a call before you charge my card" I should recieve a call! I was told aleast three different times that they would call me. How many times did they call??? Not once!! When I sent the e-mails that they replyed to, I told them give me a call so we can strainten this out. Did they call??? No!! When I placed my order I sent them a PM with the order number, so they could give me a tracking number and price (the other opion I gave them if they didnt want to call) Did they reply??? No!! The thing that pisses me off is the amount of BS I had to go thew just to get some answers.

Just a note: You helped me get things straiten out, and Im greatful. Thanks! But it seems you are so one sided that you are missing the points Ive been trying to make. I dont know if you understand how things work when it comes to ordering parts, but customer support is VERY important. I can see from your profile that you havent got much experiance in ordering parts. Maybe you should do a few projects of your own, than maybe you will be able to relate to how people feel when they dont get treated right.

Ron
Old 01-22-2007, 08:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Still havent recieved an invoice for my parts! And they told me they would send me the right parts, but havent seen them yet! I sent them an e-mail last week. Havent received a reply yet. Surprise! Surprise!

Ron
Old 01-26-2007, 07:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

After two weeks, three e-mails, and one PM, I finally got a reply. The rest of my parts are shipped and the invoice along with it! They didnt give me a tracking number, but a least they replied to me e-mail finally!

Ron

Quick Reply: Forced Inductions:: UPDATE 1.5.07 PARTS SHIPPED