LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Forced Inductions, again.

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2007, 07:00 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Forced Inductions, again.

One of the turbos I purchased from them was found to have a blank piece of tool steel in the exhaust housing which inflicted obvious damage to the impeller. Refraining from blaming anyone for this, I simply contacted Forced Inductions who sent the turbo back to Turbonetics; actually, they told me they had sent it back for repair, but they hadn't actually sent it back. So after nearly a month of no turbo, I try emailing Forced Inductions. No reply. I try calling. No answer. I try calling again, several times. No answer. I leave several messages. No phone call returned. By now, it has been over a month and I am continuing to call and leave messages, no replies. To put this into perspective, I sent the turbo in November. I finally receive an email on January 16th:

"Michael, that turbo is already at T-netics. It is under our diesel account I believe. I will check since its filed under a RMA # and not under an individual.

Jason."

Prior to this, I had tried calling Turbonetics to see if they have any record of a turbo under my name or a turbo under Forced Inductions matching my model. Of course, Turbonetics had no such turbo. So, my last inquiry with Forced Inductions included this information and a request for some sort of serial code or number for my turbo (as Turbonetics advised I do). So, as any customer, I was quite annoyed to receive a letter which falsely advised me the same thing as I was advised a month earlier (that my turbo was at Turbonetics being repaired), but much more angering is a letter which does not provide me with the one thing I want: a return authorization number! Equally dissatisfying is the lack of any apology for the gross amount of time this entire situation is taking, much less an excuse!

As of now, I am awaiting such an "RMA #" or my turbo. I am not holding my breath on the latter which I was doing for a month after sending it.

I should have been leery of this. When I first ordered all my parts (a $2000+ order mind you), Forced Inductions lost contact and my parts were no-show. Not being certain what had happened, I called my bank and initiated the chargeback. Ironically, a tracking number was born (need I mention that the bank was made privy of this and not me). I don't remember the exact turn around time for this transaction, but it was equally gross.

I don't know whether they have a hard-on for me, are having legitimate problems, or simply are a haphazard operation, but I do know one thing — I just want to drive my car.
Old 01-22-2007, 01:34 AM
TECH Veteran

Is it still possible to file for a chargeback? You no longer have the turbo and it seems to be lost somewhere but you would have dates of contact, response and your track number sending it back. Try again on that part then look into who has been reliable with a good track record.

The soonest I could get to this would be Tuesday though other moderators may pick it up to find out what is going on for you. We'll find out either way.
Old 02-02-2007, 08:29 PM
Teching In

Well, I now have a tracking number which shows that a 20 pound package was sent from Turbonetics to Forced Inductions. I do not, however, have the only God-forsaken thing I want - my turbo (much less a tracking number showing something being shipped to me). Now, I cannot even get anyone to lie to me and tell me they are sending me a turbo. Is that gooder or worser?

These guys have good prices, appear to know a lot about turbos, and will process your credit card super quick. After that, my experiences cross into the negative. I really am hoping that they are simply short staffed and not completely negligent.

The bank refused to honor my claim about my turbo being lost in the mail at the hands of F.I. (so far as I knew due to lack of communication) so I refused to make full payment of the orgininal chargeback when it was reversed (once F.I. came up with a tracking number). I repaid the chargeback, minus the value of the turbo that was defective and lost. Consequently, they closed my account, citing a continuing, unpaid balance of my account. Oh well. Good thing I have good credit (...had... lol)

Last edited by Obelix G.; 02-02-2007 at 08:39 PM.

Quick Reply: Forced Inductions, again.