LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Virginia Speed letdown

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 02:59 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Post Virginia Speed letdown

In anticipation of getting to work on the suspension of my 2k SS and replace the shocks and bushings, being in the military, I request a week of leave. Leave, as some of us know, takes a bit of time to earn up, so it isnt usually spent frivolously.
Having torn into my transmission and fixed that in a weekend with some awesome help from another sponsor, I figured I'd have this suspension done in less than a week. I've never messed with it before, so I gave myself a decent window. Or so I thought.

I ordered my prothane bushing kit and 2 rear bilsteins on Friday the 8th. I made it very clear that I had a 6 day window to get this stuff done before I had to go back to work. Being understood, I'm told that if, since it was questionable, I'd get a call if the bushing kit would not arrive on Monday afternoon. No call. AWESOME! all weekend I'm tweeked!!!
Mind you, I'm driving almost an hour thru crap traffic in the Hampton Roads area, to get these parts from my house. I figured it was worth it since a trusted friend vouched for VA speed.
Monday rolls around, I check out on leave and now my counter is ticking. Since I didn't get a phone call, I head down south, they have my bushings but no shocks. Damn, that means TWO trips down there worth of gas. I'm told, they will be on the next truck and I should call tomorrow. I call around 11, and get told that they werent there yet and they'd call me. No call.

Next day, I get told Wednesday and they'd call and update me. No call.

Same thing for Thursaday. No call.

Now I must have called them a ton of times. Each time, I got the we'll call you back and update you. Never a call.

In the mean time, I had to change my plans, I was going to do the rear end, then head down to the heated base autoshop and use a lift to do the front end. Didnt happen that way. Doing the front end in a one car garage in the cold was FUN! I still had to go down there to use the hydraulic press for the bushings.

Friday rolls around. Thats when I get told that they were caught in the ice storms. They wouldn't have if they had been FedEx'd. I don't even know if that's what really happened after I talked to someone who uses the same supplier told me the difference between the weekly transfer truck and using FedEx.

Monday. No call, no shocks. At this point, my car is supposed to be back together out on the road and their customer service, in my mind, sucks. I call them Tues afternoon around 4:30 and I'm told that they came in.

I get told the good news is there were 5 of them that came in. How is that good news? I could actually care less if 50 came in. I just want my two!I'm told they're going to overnight them with FedEx and Mike says he'll give me call and let me know whats up with them. I didn't hold my breath.

Imagine my shocked surprise when I DO get a phone call from him later that evening saying they're shipped. I inquired as to what time they were supposed to be at my house so I could be there. He didnt know, but said he was pretty sure that there was a morning run and he'd call me with the tracking number in the morning around 8. For various reasons, this is important information.

Imagine my LACK of surprise when there was no call with the tracking number.

Now, 12 days later after they were ordered, 2:30 PM FedEx finally drops them off. FINALLY I get to finish my car.

The boxes had been opened, which ok, I figured they probably were checking to see if all the hardware was present.

Keep in mind he said he had 5. FIVE. Cinco. 五. Wu.

Again, imagine my lack of surprise when Included in this package is everything EXCEPT one of the locknuts. Lack of surprise, yeah, but holy crap! Seriously? I'm pissed. I get the song and dance, and almost a week and half later after they were promised and I don't get all the parts???

I'm debating whether to head down to advanced auto and get the locknut or just taking them back on principle and buying from somewhere else.

Nah, I'm not going to waste my gas on a trip down there nor am I going to ship them back. If they can't handle a small order's customer service and delivering the right parts, how can anyone have faith in their other services like tunes or rebuilds? Holy crap! If they cant make a 30 second call to let a new customer know that what's going on...

I recommend that they work on their customer service with communication being a focal point.

--- headed to Advanced to get that damn locknut.
Old 02-20-2008, 03:28 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok. I was wrong. One shock didnt have ANY hardware, not just the locknut. I called them and said I was just going to buy from somewhere else and bring them back.

For store credit I'm told.

AGAIN, I think thier customer service sucks. Never again will I use or recommend them.

Last edited by arrogant1; 02-20-2008 at 03:34 PM. Reason: adding to the original post.
Old 02-20-2008, 06:15 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well man i'm sorry you feel that way.I can say we were at the mercy of our vendors on this one,we deal with several different vendors for parts,only one had the Bilstien shocks in stock,we ordered them the day you ordered from us,we were told we would have them by mon,we did not recieve them-this went on and on,finally this past tues 5 shock showed up from them,we did not open the boxes,we shipped them directly to you.I do apologize for the lack of communication to you-we have had alot of people out sick in the past 2 weeks and its been hard-but thats no excuse.I'm sorry things turned out this way but we really didnt have any control over it.If there is anything i can do at this time to make it better please let me know.

Quick Reply: Virginia Speed letdown