LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Airraid Throttle Body Spacer: The Verdict

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 09:38 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

VERDICT NUMBER 2:

ok my arrived today and just like nacho, i had it installed in little over 30 mins. fairly easy to install, just getting the botls through the throotle body and space is fun lol, not trickly but you know how that is.. i installed the 3/8 inch fuel line tube and that was a breeze..

Now i put everything back together, started it up and holy crap, it sure does sound badass. sounds like u got a turbo under the hood.. just like nacho said, even has a blow off kind of sound, not loud but u can hear it.. I took it out on the road and whoaa.. i def felt some pick up. not a lot but its noticible.. I enjoy the sound more though.. its pretty loud when ur ar driving down the road with about half the pedal pushed down, but once u mash it, its gone.. even heard it on the highway doing 65 with the windows down..

Overall to all that have this on order, u will love it and it is worth the money for our cars with very few mods.. DONT expect a huge increase in HP, but u will notice a difference.. These spacers work well on our cars b/c of the way our manifold is designed.. Some cars these things are nothing but paperweights..
Old 01-21-2009, 11:17 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 06 SS
Never. Once I threw out the crappy directions Crane provided for the install and installed them just like any other small block. It did take a few weeks for the oil-restrictor pushrods included in the kit to stop making noise, but since then it is quieter than stock with the exception of a cold start on very cold days, then it takes about 15 seconds for them to quiet down. I have maybe 35K miles on them now (from memory). Never had the covers off after that.
Sounds like those are my next mod....I guess I remembered a lot more grief in that thread that there actually was
Originally Posted by steveman0018
VERDICT NUMBER 2:

ok my arrived today and just like nacho, i had it installed in little over 30 mins. fairly easy to install, just getting the botls through the throotle body and space is fun lol, not trickly but you know how that is.. i installed the 3/8 inch fuel line tube and that was a breeze..

Now i put everything back together, started it up and holy crap, it sure does sound badass. sounds like u got a turbo under the hood.. just like nacho said, even has a blow off kind of sound, not loud but u can hear it.. I took it out on the road and whoaa.. i def felt some pick up. not a lot but its noticible.. I enjoy the sound more though.. its pretty loud when ur ar driving down the road with about half the pedal pushed down, but once u mash it, its gone.. even heard it on the highway doing 65 with the windows down..

Overall to all that have this on order, u will love it and it is worth the money for our cars with very few mods.. DONT expect a huge increase in HP, but u will notice a difference.. These spacers work well on our cars b/c of the way our manifold is designed.. Some cars these things are nothing but paperweights..
Awesome, glad I'm not crazy...I never reported HUGE gains but you feel it in the upper RPMS....40-100 clicks off a lot faster for me now.
Old 01-21-2009, 11:21 PM
Launching!

Its crazy everybodies into the TBS now. I remember months ago when I was the only that had this and Taz (Matt) had me write an install thread on this with pics. Everybody thought I was crazy and a fool for wasting my money. But turns out I was on to something. Glad you guys are as happy with it as I am. I knew I wasn't crazy.
Old 01-22-2009, 05:51 AM
On The Tree

yea i think its a good mod for the price.. The problem is these things dont work on every engine... my friends got a prelude and it didnt do crap to his b/c his intake goes into a seperate part then passes through into the motor. Ours goes right into the engines for it immediatly deleivered to the cylinders. Thats why it works great for is.. Ppl who say there a waste of money must have a car it doesnt work on...
Old 01-22-2009, 11:33 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by MonteSS8707
Its crazy everybodies into the TBS now. I remember months ago when I was the only that had this and Taz (Matt) had me write an install thread on this with pics. Everybody thought I was crazy and a fool for wasting my money. But turns out I was on to something. Glad you guys are as happy with it as I am. I knew I wasn't crazy.
Yeah you did get some flak back then for having one.....
Old 01-22-2009, 09:47 PM
Staging Lane

Okay. You guys made me do it. I have also drunken the throttle body spacer cool-aid and ordered one yesterday. Damn you!
Old 01-22-2009, 10:24 PM
On The Tree

im convinced... next mod on the list: TBS
Old 01-22-2009, 10:24 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by La06GXP
Okay. You guys made me do it. I have also drunken the throttle body spacer cool-aid and ordered one yesterday. Damn you!

OH YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-24-2009, 07:11 PM
TECH Regular

just jumped on the bandwagon.
Old 01-24-2009, 07:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wish someone could prove this hp gain on a dyno, a pull with and without the spacer.
Old 01-25-2009, 01:25 AM
On The Tree

someone on here has... i beleive he posted in this thread also.. he owns a GXP and said he did a run with and without it.. Said he gained 9hp and 17 on torque.. i can feel a difference with mine and noticed a slight improvement in my gas milage.. at 65 and on flat ground, my din says im getting at least 30mpg
Old 01-25-2009, 02:00 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by La06GXP
Damn!Damn!Damn! If only I had read this thread first. I just ordered the chrome/clear headlight housings for my GXP.Oh well,as soon as I can come up on a few overtime hours its as good as ordered. I know this doesn't have anything to do with this thread but I was challenged to a 1320 duel buy the owner of a regal gs with a transplanted 3.8 s/c mill. I gave him a car(the length of my car) how bad do you think he'll get spanked.
Old 01-25-2009, 02:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Okay so for LS4 guys who have the K&N intakes, what else to you have to buy for this install??

3/8 inch fuel line?? or is that only for the stock intakes?

Crusader will do this as well!!
Old 01-25-2009, 03:03 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 07carlocrusader
Okay so for LS4 guys who have the K&N intakes, what else to you have to buy for this install??

3/8 inch fuel line?? or is that only for the stock intakes?

Crusader will do this as well!!
3/8in fuel line was about the only thing I needed besides the obvious tools.
Old 01-25-2009, 03:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Nacho SS
3/8in fuel line was about the only thing I needed besides the obvious tools.

Cool Beans!! Thanks
Old 01-25-2009, 03:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by steveman0018
someone on here has... i beleive he posted in this thread also.. he owns a GXP and said he did a run with and without it.. Said he gained 9hp and 17 on torque.. i can feel a difference with mine and noticed a slight improvement in my gas milage.. at 65 and on flat ground, my din says im getting at least 30mpg
Sittingmongoose is the guy who dyno'd the before and after. I posted on a different thread yesterday asking if he would post his dyno chart.

I just did a search on summit for this TBS and Hamburger's also makes a TBS for the trailblazer, which is the same throttle body as ours. It looks identical to the Airaid one, but $28 less.

Hamburger's:

Airaid's:

Anybody used the Hamburger's one yet?
Old 01-25-2009, 04:45 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by speedshifter
Sittingmongoose is the guy who dyno'd the before and after. I posted on a different thread yesterday asking if he would post his dyno chart.

I just did a search on summit for this TBS and Hamburger's also makes a TBS for the trailblazer, which is the same throttle body as ours. It looks identical to the Airaid one, but $28 less.

Hamburger's:

Airaid's:

Anybody used the Hamburger's one yet?
They are pretty much identical....
Old 01-25-2009, 04:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thats what I'm saying. Why pay more?
Old 01-25-2009, 07:39 PM
TECH Resident

The inside doesn't look the same to me.

Hey, the fuel line that I have to buy, I know that most of you guys just extended the line that's already there, but is it possible to buy a long enough line, so I can just replace the stock one?
Old 01-25-2009, 08:47 PM
Staging Lane

The Airaid is slightly different. There is a notch where the rubber o-ring dips downward. It matches up with a hole in the throttle body. I have no idea what the hole does or is for. May or may not be important.

Quick Reply: Airraid Throttle Body Spacer: The Verdict