LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Great deals on Ported LS4 manifolds and TBs

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 06:41 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Great deals on Ported LS4 manifolds and TBs

Hey Guys we are more well know for porting LS2/Ls3/LSXLS7 manifolds than the LS4s but we can definitely help you out with making more power. We have seen how restrictive the factory manifold is and how much can be gained in a typically port job that we can offer. We had a guy on here gain over .2 and 2 mph with just the simple porting of the manifold. WE CAN ALSO OFFER TUNING AND PORTING OF THE FACTORY EXH MANIFOLDS.

Here is some typical info that we tell our customers:

The average gain for the LS2 intake manifold is 11rwhp/13rwtq The LS4 should be worth 15RWHP+. We have done over 400+ LS2 intake manifolds, 115+ LS7 (18RWHP and 20RWTQ), 45+ LS3 & L76s (12RWHP and 15RWTQ) and over 400 TB's.
We have had many cars gain much more than the averages listed.
20RWHP from an LS2, 32RWHP for an LS7, and 30RWHP from a L76 and 22RWHP from an LS3, 35RWHP from a FAST.
When porting the TB you will see greatly improved throttle response and bottom end/mid range Tq feel and a significant seat of the pants gain. Our manifolds are very thoroughly ported not only in the runners (like some do) but also much of the plenum and TB flange are enlarged in order to support more airflow in the upper RPM. The larger the air reservoir the less likely to deplete more volume in the upper RPMs. Hence the OEM difference of the '00 LS1 intake vs the '01 LS6 intake.

Pricing is as follows:
Porting the intake and TB $400 ground shipped back-48states
Porting the intake only $300 ground shipped back-48 states
Porting the TB only $125 ground shipped back to the lower 48
Porting the Exh manifolds $150-200

Here are some graphs of some cars that we dynoed, tuned, and swapped the intakes and TBs. Some are direct A-B swaps and show the results. Some are Base runs then a rough tune and then we swap the intake and TB, and then fully optimize the tune.
Thank you and we look forward to helping you guys out.
Jeremy Formato

Here are two C6 LS2's with just cai and cat backs before and after tune and Ported intake and TB:

Old 04-15-2009, 07:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

you have a PM
Old 04-15-2009, 07:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

so we have to send ours out first?
Old 04-15-2009, 07:25 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nice i talked to him today about running a deal for these he really came through
Old 04-15-2009, 08:10 PM
Staging Lane

id be interested in doing this but if we take these parts out the car how long is my car sittin there dormant before i get my parts back?
Old 04-15-2009, 10:15 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

The gentleman that I did the port work for was Supercatxr7. He picked up .2 and 2mph+ He had mentioned that he had a problem with the TB setting codes. OK a few things here. We did do an aggressive TB for him. There is no problem with a mild ported one and tuning to resolve the issue with the aggressive TB is very simple and I can detail how and what to do in the tune. There are a few tables that need to be maxxed out. I just looked up an 07 monte carlo tune and all the same tables are there as an 05-09 vette and 05-06 GTO G8 etc.... I am looking to purchase or trade for some cores. I would be willing to trade the cores when one is done getting the swap.
Pauls325- thank you
Bugsy- We have a porting business as well as a tuning business. These are things that we do every day, we can get out the ported units in 2-3days from the time we get them. We port manifolds for many well known shops accross the country and offer the most thoroughly and aggressively ported manifolds.
We also Port heads and they are on par for the dollars spent.

If there is anyone out there with HP tuners and would like to try this I can do a mail order tune for $275. For those of you without HP tuners same price I can flash the PCM and TCm on the bench.
IF I could do a flash and porting combo for you guys I think you would be very happy with the results. I am doing more and more of these for the SSR guys.

Thank you Jeremy
Old 04-15-2009, 10:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Please post what needs to be done in the tune for the ported throttle body, my turbo might like me to put the ported tbody that you did for me in the car. Been using a stock unported unit and the 2/10ths and 2mph when the car was naturally aspirated were with the ported manifold alone.
Old 04-15-2009, 11:29 PM
TECH Junkie

Looks like I'll be sending in a TB and manifold soon for an agressive port job.
Old 04-15-2009, 11:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

I will be interested to see other person's results.
Old 04-16-2009, 02:36 PM
Launching!

I am also going to keep an eye on this post. I have an HP Tuner and have become pretty handy with tuning so I wouldn'y pay for the tune, but the porting sounds like something I'm interested in.
Old 04-20-2009, 07:26 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Ok been extremely busy here.....
I must reiterate that the ls4 manifold is the worst of any production LS manifold I have ever seen, therefore I know that there is the most room for improvement. There is much to be gained by porting this manifold.

The tables to be adjusted for the TB are as follows:
engine diagnostics>general-daignostic test for p0101,p0106, p0121 set min ECT to 258
then p0068 set enable rpm to 7800, airflow delta to 511gms sec, max airflow to 511, max vs inV to 511, airflow delta to 511, and map delta to 255 kpa, all values are across the board.
Disable DTC P0068 in the DTC tab.
Also to get the most out of your ported TB some tables that will compliment the porting are as follows:
Engine>fuel control> power enrich> enrichment rate set to 2.0
Engine>spark retard> Base vs cyl air delta set last 2 columns to values of 1 and then 2 in the last column.

Neilownz-Please check out what we have done with the LS2 manifolds, look at the corvette forum, this website and LS1gto.com. The reason I say the LS2 is because it is the closest relative to the LS4. I just proofread an article that we are doing for high performance pontiac today that we did a test and gained over 15RWHP with the manifold and 29rwhp overall with the tune.

I would love to help you guys out does anyone have any pics of the stk intake inside? If not someone send me one and I'll take the pics and show the difference between them for you all to see. I just need someone to send me one.

beznich- I get guys daily that tune their own stuff and they are blown away the difference that can be made by a professional. You may have done a fantastic job, but there is always something that can be improved upon, eg trans tuning, gass mileage, throttle response part throttle tq, etc. I would like to help you out but nothing is for free.

Our paypal is fastprom@tampabay.rr.com
I hope to be porting some LS4 manifolds next week!
Thank you
Jeremy Formato
Old 04-21-2009, 01:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Old 04-21-2009, 03:33 AM
TECH Resident

Do you ship to canada?
Old 04-25-2009, 01:16 PM
TECH Resident

ported tb yeild good results ill be sending in my intake once i find the cash!
Old 04-25-2009, 04:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JeremyF
the ls4 manifold is the worst of any production LS manifold I have ever seen
Does that have something to do with the bottle neck from the oil sending unit?
Old 04-25-2009, 05:21 PM
Launching!

any chance you would be willing to get a couple cores...that way we wont be without our vehicles?

I am interested in all of the above...

ported intake and exhaust manifolds - plus throttle body.
Old 04-27-2009, 09:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Is there a thread about how to remove the TB and intake manifold as well as the exhaust manifold?
Old 04-28-2009, 12:04 PM
TECH Resident

Remove the throttle body.

Remove the fuel injectors.

Remove the brake booster vacuum hose from the intake manifold and the booster check valve.

Remove the positive crankcase ventilation (PCV) clean air tube from the air intake duct and valve rocker arm cover.

Remove the PCV foul air tube from the intake manifold and valve rocker arm cover.

Remove the evaporative emission (EVAP) purge solenoid tube (2) from the solenoid and reposition.

Disconnect the following electrical connectors:

EVAP purge solenoid

Manifold absolute pressure (MAP) sensor

Oil pressure sensor

Valve lifter oil manifold

Remove the MAP sensor from the intake manifold.

Remove the EVAP purge solenoid valve and bracket.

Remove the intake manifold bolts.

Remove the intake manifold.

Remove and discard the intake manifold gaskets.
Old 04-28-2009, 12:08 PM
TECH Resident

Left Side
Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.

Remove the engine sight shield.

Remove the exhaust crossover pipe heat shield in order to access the cross pipe to the exhaust manifold nuts.

Right Side
Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.

Remove the engine sight shield.

Remove the spark plugs.

Remove the exhaust crossover pipe nuts from the right exhaust manifold.

WARNING
To prevent internal damage to the flexible coupling of the catalytic converter assembly, the converter must be supported. The vertical movement at the rear of the catalytic converter assembly must not exceed 6 degrees up or down.

Disconnect the catalytic converter from the exhaust manifold. Support the catalytic converter and exhaust system with the mechanics wire.

Lower the vehicle.

Remove the ignition coil.

WARNING
Do not remove the pigtail from either the heated oxygen sensor (HO2S) or the oxygen sensor (O2S). Removing the pigtail or the connector will affect sensor operation. Handle the oxygen sensor carefully. Do not drop the HO2S. Keep the in-line electrical connector and the louvered end free of grease, dirt, or other contaminants. Do not use cleaning solvents of any type Do not repair the wiring, connector or terminals. Replace the oxygen sensor if the pigtail wiring, connector, or terminal is damaged. This external clean air reference is obtained by way of the oxygen sensor signal and heater wires. Any attempt to repair the wires, connectors, or terminals could result in the obstruction of the air reference and degraded sensor performance. The following guidelines should be used when servicing the heated oxygen sensor:

Do not apply contact cleaner or other materials to the sensor or vehicle harness connectors. These materials may get into the sensor causing poor performance.

Do not damage the sensor pigtail and harness wires in such a way that the wires inside are exposed. This could provide a path for foreign materials to enter the sensor and cause performance problems.

Ensure the sensor or vehicle lead wires should not be bent sharply or kinked. Sharp bends or kinks could block the reference air path through the lead wire.

Do not remove or defeat the oxygen sensor ground wire (where applicable). Vehicles that utilize the ground wired sensor may rely on this ground as the only ground contact to the sensor. Removal of the ground wire will cause poor engine performance.

Ensure that the peripheral seal remains intact on the vehicle harness connector in order to prevent damage due to water intrusion. The engine harness may be repaired using Packard's Crimp and Splice Seals Terminal Repair Kit. Under no circumstances should repairs be soldered since this could result in the air reference being obstructed.

Remove the O2 sensors.

Remove the exhaust manifold heat shield bolts.

Remove the exhaust manifold heat shield.

Remove the exhaust manifold bolts.

Remove the exhaust manifold.

Remove and discard the exhaust manifold gasket.

Remove the exhaust crossover pipe nuts from the left exhaust manifold.

Remove the left side spark plugs.

Remove the oil level indicator tube.

Remove the exhaust manifold heat shield bolts (3).

Remove the exhaust manifold heat shield (2).

Remove the heater hose retainer bolts in order to be able to remove the manifold.

Remove the exhaust manifold bolts.

Remove the exhaust manifold (1).

Remove and discard the exhaust manifold gasket.

Clean and inspect the left exhaust manifold.
Old 05-06-2009, 08:36 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Paul Thank you for posting the procedures. However, I DO NOT suggest discarding the intake or exhaust manifold gaskets. They are reusable. and I have never had a problem reusing an int gasket. The Exh does take much more abuse, heat, higher torque on it, etc. You may be able to get 2-3 removals out of it.
Jeremy

Quick Reply: Great deals on Ported LS4 manifolds and TBs