Sad sad day for American automotive history visit www.gminsidenews.com
Old 04-25-2009, 12:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

they should get rid of buick.
Old 04-25-2009, 02:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

IM so pissed about this, and i get madder ever forum i go on and read it again.
Old 04-25-2009, 05:16 AM

Hey you guys think since pontiac is out they'd start giving discounts on the G8's? I hope so!
Old 04-25-2009, 07:18 AM
Staging Lane

Buick is incredibly profitable in China, that alone was enough to save it.

and dealers still need to make their money, so why would they give you a discount on G8s?
Old 04-25-2009, 09:29 AM
On The Tree

One thing I couldn't find out maybe you guys know is that when exactly are they going to
close the doors on Pontiac(date)? Until all their produced cars are sold or they'll continue
to produce up to a certain date? or did they officially seized production as of 4-24-09??
Old 04-25-2009, 10:22 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

on GM's site, in their corporate news section.....

====================================

Pontiac Statement Re: Media Speculation

Contrary to media speculation, General Motors has not announced any changes to its long-term viability plan or to the future status of any of its brands. GM is continuing to review its restructuring plan to go further and faster and best ensure its future success. Additional information will be released as any decisions are finalized.

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 04-25-2009, 10:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 06MonteSS
on GM's site, in their corporate news section.....

====================================

Pontiac Statement Re: Media Speculation

Contrary to media speculation, General Motors has not announced any changes to its long-term viability plan or to the future status of any of its brands. GM is continuing to review its restructuring plan to go further and faster and best ensure its future success. Additional information will be released as any decisions are finalized.
Come on, you can't expect people to listen to that stuff. It's far easy to run with every rumor people hear about this haha.
Old 04-25-2009, 12:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Wow, that is amazing! I can't believe people still the economy is getting better. One, if not more of the big 3 will claim bankruptcy. And still the govt. will give that money to the perpertrators... What a joke!!!

-Mike
Old 04-25-2009, 12:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Meh, it's a long way, but the economy is starting to show some signs. Doesn't change the fact that these companies being mismanaged the past few years are what did them in. Chrysler will be filing for Chapter 11 next week probably. Seems inevitable for GM. Atleast Ford has their **** together.
Old 04-25-2009, 12:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looks like ill be buying audis now
Old 04-25-2009, 12:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

The economy is showing signs of big companies making profit. That's about it. Wells Fargo 3 billion... There are still well over 500,000 people being laid off in this country every month. It will not get better fast, that's for sure.

I mean we get what 13 dollars more every week in our pay. For what? So we have to pay it back at the end of the year? Thanks fed govt. for putting me in a different tax bracket... Who-Hoo!!!

-Mike
Old 04-25-2009, 12:48 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 202 Likes on 122 Posts

If half the damn people on disability and welfare would have just worked instead of being lazy SOB this country would not be in the shape it is. 20 TO 50 years ago people actually worked for thing things they wanted. Now Most people act like there to good to get out and work and sweat and want everything to be handed to them.
Old 04-25-2009, 01:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by madmike9396
If half the damn people on disability and welfare would have just worked instead of being lazy SOB this country would not be in the shape it is. 20 TO 50 years ago people actually worked for thing things they wanted. Now Most people act like there to good to get out and work and sweat and want everything to be handed to them.
Nicely said!
Old 04-25-2009, 01:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Mad Mike,

I would agree with that paragraph to an extent. People are loosing jobs at an alarming rate and that has nothing to do with welfare. The rug is being taken out from under us. This was being orchestrated when Bush was in office. If things keep going the way they are the American people will do something about it....eventually. Only 4 percent of the population won the Civil War.

-Mike
Old 04-25-2009, 01:34 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by madmike9396
Amen!!
Old 04-25-2009, 01:53 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 202 Likes on 122 Posts

Yeah its very sad that everyone is losing jobs and the economy will takes years to recover. idk what the hell were going to do. just do the best we can and take it day by day. Good luck to everyone and sad to see pontiac dying out

Originally Posted by Mgpeagle
Mad Mike,

I would agree with that paragraph to an extent. People are loosing jobs at an alarming rate and that has nothing to do with welfare. The rug is being taken out from under us. This was being orchestrated when Bush was in office. If things keep going the way they are the American people will do something about it....eventually. Only 4 percent of the population won the Civil War.

-Mike
Old 04-25-2009, 02:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

I wonder if this has anything to do with holden making g8s instead of north american (canada/mexico) plants.
Old 04-25-2009, 02:56 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

they won't be makin' 'em anymore!!!!

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 04-25-2009, 04:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Mgpeagle
The economy is showing signs of big companies making profit. That's about it. Wells Fargo 3 billion... There are still well over 500,000 people being laid off in this country every month. It will not get better fast, that's for sure.

I mean we get what 13 dollars more every week in our pay. For what? So we have to pay it back at the end of the year? Thanks fed govt. for putting me in a different tax bracket... Who-Hoo!!!

-Mike
What's wrong with the banks making profit? The banks need to recover for the rest of the economy to follow. And you make it sound like they're rolling in dough. Just because these banks are making money, only through the first quarter remember, it doesn't mean their balance sheets still don't look like a train wreck. They're still full of bad assets. The banks NEED to start making a profit again if you ever expect things to recover. And if you have a problem with getting more money in your pay, you don't HAVE to take it. You can gladly let the government keep it. It's going to be a slow process. And any of these small signs are promising. You gotta look at the big picture here.

Won't see me complain about banks atleast making some money. Hell easy money for me. Dumped a little money into some bank stock and doubled my money in a month. Housing looks like it could start to bottom out soon as well. People forget that the housing and credit failures is what got us where we were. And GM has only themselves to blame for where they are at. Yea people are being laid off, but do you expect that to just stop. Companies being in a position to start hiring again is going to come later. Without everything else stabilizing, that's not going to happen.