LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Need brakes??? Buy your brakes here http://www.notasponsor.com/

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 12:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need brakes??? Buy your brakes here http://www.notasponsor.com/

This company is excellent to deal with, quick shipping (they are in New York) and, has some of the best prices on the net. Ask for the guys to become a sponsor on LS1 Tech so I can mention their names at a later date.

Last edited by dj_stylzpgh/GXP05; 05-30-2009 at 01:54 AM. Reason: Removed non-sponsor link and phone number. Admin.
Old 05-29-2009, 02:47 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so how much are you getting paid for these little blurbs
Old 05-30-2009, 01:52 AM
TECH Apprentice

I'm providing information for people to save money on buying brakes. This is no different than telling people about a rotor company or talking about Royal Purple. I will ask if they want to do that the next time I call no problem.
Old 05-30-2009, 08:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Naw...actually what you are doing is trying to promote a company, and post their website up...all of which are not allowed if they are not a sponsor.

Our Moderator isn't around much so people get away with murder on this section of LS1Tech....go search around in the other non vehicle specific areas...people get shut down a lot.
Old 05-30-2009, 08:29 AM
On The Tree

Ok, I took the bait & went to the website listed. Reminds me of those spammer sites.

I didn't use thier search because I thought I was going to a site that sold brakes not advertising.
Old 05-30-2009, 01:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

I've told people about many different products on this site trying to save them MONEY!!! That's all I've done and I've been the first to do and try many different things on my car such as getting support for the 05 GXP guys from Superchips and Diablosport. I was the first to put Eibachs on my car (that were for an Impala SS because I did not know the GTP springs would fit). I was the first with a Classic Chambered Muffler. People talk about different companies and post websites all the time. I've been honorable in everything I have done here including what I've sold ask anyone here. Now, I have no problem reaching out to the companies I deal with to be a sponsor here and not post sites, just let people know about companies and search on there own. There should be no problem saying that I bought a set of brakes from a certain company and that someone can save a few bucks getting them there, just like the post about Royal Purple. Most places were charging over $90 for the brakes I got for $95 shipped. This is what I was letting people know.
Old 05-30-2009, 04:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

It shouldn't be a click here say I sent you type thing or stuff like pm me for a link/deal etc.

Like if you say I just ordered (company name) part number whatever let people find their own link to it. I'm sure a search engine can be used by most everyone registered on here. But if a vender/retailer wants to sponsor on the site they can post links/deals and what not to their site with their registered nickname. It seems obvious to me.
Old 05-31-2009, 12:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

How come this is a big deal all of the sudden? I'm confussed. Yes the title is bad and makes it look like a spam thing. So that was wrong. However!!!!!

Most of us have linked a website at one time or another on this forum. I know i set up a link about my exhaust cutout, tires, and other things. I understand we are supposed to support the forum vendors(DUH!) but really there are only a handful that WANT ANYTHING to do with the LS4 and W-body's, which is really sad. I do appreciate the ones that help up out like Fasterproms.There service is greatly needed for anyone wanting to go faster for sure.

He made a mistake!!! But he has given us lots of great ideas and has done lots of work to his car. Lets all learn a little something from this and move on.
Old 05-31-2009, 03:04 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Bryan921SS
Naw...actually what you are doing is trying to promote a company, and post their website up...all of which are not allowed if they are not a sponsor.

Our Moderator isn't around much so people get away with murder on this section of LS1Tech....go search around in the other non vehicle specific areas...people get shut down a lot.
Spoke too soon....link got pwned.
Old 05-31-2009, 11:33 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Panther427
How come this is a big deal all of the sudden? I'm confussed. Yes the title is bad and makes it look like a spam thing. So that was wrong. However!!!!!

Most of us have linked a website at one time or another on this forum. I know i set up a link about my exhaust cutout, tires, and other things. I understand we are supposed to support the forum vendors(DUH!) but really there are only a handful that WANT ANYTHING to do with the LS4 and W-body's, which is really sad. I do appreciate the ones that help up out like Fasterproms.There service is greatly needed for anyone wanting to go faster for sure.

He made a mistake!!! But he has given us lots of great ideas and has done lots of work to his car. Lets all learn a little something from this and move on.

I didn't see the link that was removed so that makes things a little mudded. The website in the title links you to somebody's sponsor based search engine and not where he bought his brakes. Do a search on brakes & it gives a list of web pages.

I appreciate when people share their buying experiences both good & bad. This week I received some drilled & slotted rotors from a site recommended by someone of this forum. Excellent product at a great price. The last set I bought off of Ebay were crap, out of balance, warped & yes they were new.