LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Redline Oil the competition for Royal Purple

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 11:43 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Redline Oil the competition for Royal Purple

So most of the threads I've read say that Redline will out perform Royal Purple. I tried the Water Wetter product with my current mixture and didn't see much change. So, I called Redline and Tim Kerrigan was great to deal with. I told him about how my car runs on cool days and 90+ days. It sometimes goes above half slightly then comes down (I figure anywhere from 199-220). So, he explained that this would be safe and that we would see a decrease in temps for those of us who live in high temp areas. Simple, drain the radiator (there will still be 20%-30% coolant in the block). Refill the radiator with distilled water and one bottle of Water Wetter. This should help around town as well as at the track. I have to have someone do this as I do not have the proper tools and equipment to keep from getting air pockets in the system. I have to replace the 50-50 mix for winter here in Pittsburgh as we see negative temps in the winter. But, I figure that this option with the HSRK or whatever you may use for that end should be a couple of ponies for around town and at the track. I have read that the whole Redline treatment could be 2-3% HP and as much as 7-8% for the right cars (oil, tranny, coolant additive). Oh, and they sent me a second bottle free of charge. Great company guys. I also found that you can get a gallon of 5w-30 at Summit for $35.95 and then $9.95 for each quart. Also, their trans fluid is made for our cars. Peace.
Old 07-07-2009, 01:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Huge fan of redline. used it in my audi. Lots of audi guys love this stuff.
Old 07-07-2009, 03:43 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i just bought pr motor oil, radiator additive(purple ice) and a pr oil filter. I will be doing that any day now

Quick Reply: Redline Oil the competition for Royal Purple