LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

pics of my GXP from the car show

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2010, 04:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default pics of my GXP from the car show

Well, didn't win a trophy (none of my family did) but did have a good time. Here are some pics.

I spent a few hours cleaning the wheels, interior, engine, and car in general.

Old 10-17-2010, 04:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Saw the first Bonneville GXP I've knowingly seen. It's a little too subdued IMO. It's so rare I ever see a regular Bonneville, that I'm not sure what is different.

The dealership had a used Pacific Slate Metallic G8 GT, and I decided to do some comparison shots of it with my Stealth Gray Metallic GXP. I like my car overall much more. It's lower, has a better look, and when I drove a G8 GT, I didn't like the A-pillar or exhaust sound. The GP GXP just overall looks more aggressive, but I do like the G8's hood vents.

Old 10-17-2010, 06:20 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very good pics but take it from me you need to draw attention to your engine bay color chrome or just paint your engine cover and I promise you your going to get trophy's.
Your car is beautiful just need's that little something extra.
Old 10-17-2010, 06:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Brangeta
Lol, are those two tubes meant to be covered by the engine cover?

The dealership had a used Pacific Slate Metallic G8 GT, and I decided to do some comparison shots of it with my Stealth Gray Metallic GXP. I like my car overall much more. It's lower, has a better look, and when I drove a G8 GT, I didn't like the A-pillar or exhaust sound. The GP GXP just overall looks more aggressive, but I do like the G8's hood vents.
We should be getting a new hood (G8 style) "soon."

Nice, clean, car overall.
Old 10-17-2010, 09:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

I dunno. I don't think they're supposed to be covered. Why?
Old 10-17-2010, 09:17 PM
TECH Junkie

under the cover
Old 10-17-2010, 09:37 PM
Launching!

i spy with my little eye, a 2002 35th anniv SS parked next to you ... man i miss that car ( my old mans, but me and the brother did some dumb **** in it )

i notice that your car is actually lacking tire shine on the wheels and almost any kind of coating in the engine, do you not like it, or simply wipe the excess off ???

but then again, you cant really see mine in this picture, my buddies f350 in the background you can see because the tires are so damn big but mine dont show up ... damn goodyear rsa POS

Old 10-17-2010, 09:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Mels SS
under the cover
Can anyone with a GXP show me how it's supposed to look? I just checked pics from back when I got the car, and those two hoses have always been like that.

Originally Posted by DrJesus616
i spy with my little eye, a 2002 35th anniv SS parked next to you ... man i miss that car ( my old mans, but me and the brother did some dumb **** in it )

i notice that your car is actually lacking tire shine on the wheels and almost any kind of coating in the engine, do you not like it, or simply wipe the excess off ???

but then again, you cant really see mine in this picture, my buddies f350 in the background you can see because the tires are so damn big but mine dont show up ... damn goodyear rsa POS

Yeah, the 35th LE is my mom's. It has 17,100 miles and is as gorgeous as all heck. Here's some pics of it from the show:

I like to use tireshine on the plastic parts and tires, but I always wipe it off after a few minutes. I don't like a glossy finish very much.
Old 10-17-2010, 10:20 PM
Launching!

Very nice shots of your's and your family's cars.

Don't get discouraged about not getting an award. I've been to a few shows with my Buick and I wonder how the heck did the cars that got trophies were even considered. Now I go with my son and we relax and have a good time, chat with some folks and pack it up. Sometimes the hard work pays off.
Old 10-17-2010, 10:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

I dunno. I don't think they're supposed to be covered. Why?
Mine are not covered. That's why I asked.

Wow, it's all over the place, lol:

Old 10-17-2010, 10:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

it looks good and i would have to agree with mel just a little paint or chrome will do wonders for you car. i wish my car was that clean under the hood
Old 10-17-2010, 10:27 PM
Launching!

im at work ... 3rd shift weekend ... it sucks for weekends but bills and the monte need money ...

anywho ... i went and checked mine and the hoses run under, but i also yoinked my engine cover out, and figured what the hell, i got some paint laying around
Old 10-17-2010, 10:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Super LaX
Very nice shots of your's and your family's cars.

Don't get discouraged about not getting an award. I've been to a few shows with my Buick and I wonder how the heck did the cars that got trophies were even considered. Now I go with my son and we relax and have a good time, chat with some folks and pack it up. Sometimes the hard work pays off.
Nah, I'm not discouraged. It's hard to compete when there are cars older men have pumped tens of thousands of dollars into restoring and preserving when all I've done to my modern car is clean it. It's fun to just take it and talk to people, but it does feel pretty good to get a surprise trophy.

Originally Posted by GXP25
Mine are not covered. That's why I asked.

Wow, it's all over the place, lol:
I read your original post wrong. I thought the two hoses were supposed to be completely covered by the engine cover and mine were just sticking out.

I'm not sure which looks better in the pics you posted. I think I'll just leave them as-is. They seem to look and fit just fine the way they are.
Old 10-17-2010, 10:46 PM
Launching!

hey brangeta, checked out your design stuff, nice work man

i have a BA in art education and minor in sociology, was going to be double minor with graphic design, but i didnt want to do the interny type class to get the thing finished ( long story ) but i still work with photoshop and illustrator now and then ...

but art wise, the only thing ive been doing recently are custom xbox's ... thought you might like them ... these two were for people over on montecarloforum, the camo one was for a guys kid and the snoopy one for a guys girlfriend ...

hummmm ... maybe ill start a thread over here too see if i cant get anyone interested ...

ive done laptop cases, and plenty more xboxes but i just dont have the best pictures of them ... and the people i did them for were not nice enough to take good pictures for me ...
Old 10-18-2010, 11:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Cool, did you hand paint those? I used to sculpt and paint all the time in highschool and the first part of college--made custom Dragonball Z action figures, it was a really fun hobby.

It's funny what people won't do for you. I'd sell some of my stuff I'd sculpt and paint and later contact the person and ask for images if they still had the item, and occasionally they'd just send me a terrible pic, even when I know they have a good camera. Apparently my 16 hours of work on their custom figure wouldn't be worth 16 seconds of their time taking a good, high res image for me. I'd usually just get blurry pics, ones with huge flash glare, or grainy little cell phone pics no better than the pics I already had taken with my first digital camera back when I created the figure.

Quick Reply: pics of my GXP from the car show