LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Newbie 2008 GXP owner! Wheel tire question!

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2014, 05:39 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Newbie 2008 GXP owner! Wheel tire question!

Hey guys. Its been a while on this forum for me. I sold my Zo6 last year. Just bought a silver 2008 GP GXP yesterday. I have been trying to do all the mind cramming I can on this car. Its pretty minty. Motor runs like new. tons of torque. Haven't driven a V8 in 17 months. (Z06). 75000 miles on the odometer. Some tiny stone chips. needs a new front rim. Interior is a 8.5 outta 10. Love the monsoon system. Better than my C5 Z bose. Heres the deal I have 18 inch wheels front and rear with snow tires. The rear tires are smaller. Did GM switch to 18's on all four corners in 08? Will this affect anything? You can tell the front tires are wider than the back. Are all the 18's all 18x7? I have the wheels without the rivets.
What tires are a good all round summer tire that stick and also wont break the bank. No tranny issues YET! LOL Car is bone stock. Need another week before I can start changing fluids and do the first few initial mods. Car does not come with donut in trunk. Normal? Are you supposed to run runflats?? How easy to change rear spark plugs. I know I will buy a manual.,and go through the owners guide too. Just wanted some input today. Im really burnt out the last few days with work no sleep, doin' the car transaction. and not enough eating. haha The GXP's have a million buttons. Took me an hour but I think I understand them all.

Thanks to anyone who answers guys!

Derek
Old 03-30-2014, 03:22 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well I did my own research. Going with factory wheels and factory sized Falkens.

Quick Reply: Newbie 2008 GXP owner! Wheel tire question!