LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

has any one tried exhaust like this on there mc ss

Old 08-12-2012, 09:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default has any one tried exhaust like this on there mc ss

a friend of mine used to have a camaro with this exhaust one side has like a stright pipe and the other has the muffler and it has a bad *** tone was woundering if any one tried something like this on my mc ss

but since the muffler dont fit like the camaro i was thinking something like this

what are yalls opinions on this
Old 08-12-2012, 09:57 PM
On The Tree

From what I understand about exhaust (which isnt much lol) I would think that would make 2 different tones in exhaust sound. Maybe you could get a similar muffler with one inlet and two outlet??
Old 08-12-2012, 10:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

the camaro is like that and makes an awsome tone
Old 08-13-2012, 12:03 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The exhaust will primarily go the path of least resistance, ie, the side without the bend/muffler.

The reason borla has the exhaust like that is because it's "adjustable"-it has plates the owners can put in (on the passenger side tail pipe)

This is so the owner can choose between a quieter tone that goes completely through the muffler, or a straight pipe setup with just changing out a plate, or they can add a little resistance with another plate (with a small hole in it) to have an "in-between" sound.

Also, borla is directly compatible with QTP electric cutouts. An owner can put in an electric cutout in the passenger side tail pipe (bolts right in) and from the flip off a switch inside the car, you can go from completely quiet/muffled to straight-pipe in seconds.

So, unless you go the electric cutout route, it'd be a waste of time IMO to not just go with a complete muffler setup.
Old 08-13-2012, 09:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by MasterTomos
The exhaust will primarily go the path of least resistance, ie, the side without the bend/muffler.

The reason borla has the exhaust like that is because it's "adjustable"-it has plates the owners can put in (on the passenger side tail pipe)

This is so the owner can choose between a quieter tone that goes completely through the muffler, or a straight pipe setup with just changing out a plate, or they can add a little resistance with another plate (with a small hole in it) to have an "in-between" sound.

Also, borla is directly compatible with QTP electric cutouts. An owner can put in an electric cutout in the passenger side tail pipe (bolts right in) and from the flip off a switch inside the car, you can go from completely quiet/muffled to straight-pipe in seconds.

So, unless you go the electric cutout route, it'd be a waste of time IMO to not just go with a complete muffler setup.
i iv been seeing ppl on youtube with no plate at all and it sounds bad *** i tryed it today and it was a fail it sounded horable nothing like the camaros , i have no idea why mabe the tips or that type of borla the camaros have idk so i added another borla
Old 08-14-2012, 04:03 AM
On The Tree

I think that they are going for the chord effect that you get when playing two or more notes that compliment each other at the same time.
Old 08-15-2012, 10:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by MillerMonteSS
I think that they are going for the chord effect that you get when playing two or more notes that compliment each other at the same time.
thats the same thing im thinking but didnt work for the monte carlo
Old 08-17-2012, 02:48 PM
On The Tree

harmonic resonance. If the two aren't in tune they will sound as horrible as a non autotuned Katy Perry!
Old 08-17-2012, 09:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Your not going to sound the way a Camaro sounds. Thats just a fact. It is an LS motor but its a truck motor. If you want that sound just get an electric cutout from the axle back..best bang for the buck..
and will do what your asking basically.
Old 08-17-2012, 09:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

It's not a truck motor.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: has any one tried exhaust like this on there mc ss